Just curious if anyone has tried this yet. I won't have time today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 06:04 PM
    I think everyone (most) is so busy loading .448 that they haven't realized .450 was leaked. I wont get my 9800 back from Bell repair for a couple more weeks or I would be testing it. Oh well.
    01-28-11 06:11 PM
    Just curious if anyone has tried this yet. I won't have time today.

It's a very slow download. I think a few already have it up and running. Follow it here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-580264/
    01-28-11 06:14 PM
    Just downloaded and giving it a run now
    01-28-11 07:03 PM
    just finished booting up 448. And soon to be installing .450
    01-28-11 07:42 PM
    Just completed loading .450
    It was super quick!
    01-28-11 07:45 PM
    I just tried the Text Messaging application and well the keyboard shortcuts like T for Top and B for Bottom are back on there. Finally! I really missed that. I also checked with the browser, it's fast but did they take off pinch to zoom? I was trying out some examples like on pictures from yahoo and pinch to zoom does not happen. As others have mentioned there is picture lag, but hey at least we have Updates!
    01-28-11 08:17 PM
    Was gonna DL and install .448, but by the time I got home.... .450 was leaked......wow. So DL .450 installed without a hitch, testing now seems good to go...smoother, fast boot time, BBM, texting, pic taking all good to go.

01-28-11 08:24 PM
    The concensus seems to be stick with 448.

01-28-11 08:27 PM

The concensus is, it's too early for a consensus. I always give it a few days before I form any concrete conclusions.

01-28-11 08:38 PM
    I skipped 448 and went to 450. It runs smoother than 246 did for me, but it has the onscreen keyboard glitch in the browser that I had in 337. Not sure if 448 is any different, but I'm going to wait a couple of days before deciding whether or not to downgrade to 246.

01-28-11 08:44 PM

You have 5 posts on CB and you've already gotten a consensus of which leak is better!?!?
    And where did you get this consensus?
    01-28-11 08:46 PM
    This is herhbhd. Hyen hegn I five think thir shedng fkrudhfjigjf g r gykrkjr right turnt rbrjr th fit rjfbf kg tkfuebejtbrkebgifbr ubrrjfbvjf her the gig r r fjv f jejehrbrbtofjrbjrbr

Nope. No browser-virtual-keyboard glitch on 448.

Last edited by Masahiro; 01-28-11 at 08:52 PM.
    01-28-11 08:48 PM
    This is herhbhd. Hyen hegn I five think thir shedng fkrudhfjigjf g r gykrkjr right turnt rbrjr th fit rjfbf kg tkfuebejtbrkebgifbr ubrrjfbvjf her the gig r r fjv f jejehrbrbtofjrbjrbr

Nope. No keyboard glitch on 458.

You mean 448, right? Damn, guess I have to start all over again.

01-28-11 08:52 PM
    01-28-11 09:24 PM

Nope. No browser-virtual-keyboard glitch on 448.

Just did the downgrade to 448 and so far so good! Thanks man! I'm loving how much smoother this is running in comparison to 246.

01-28-11 10:39 PM
    Earlier today i installed the .448 and now just finished the .450 both no problem. I'm now up and running.
    01-29-11 12:09 AM
    This is my first Blackberry and I'm sort of reserved on installing software leaks -- call me a rookie. Anyway, I'm with Telus and it came with .246 version, which is the latest official version, I think. How long can one typically expect BB to have an OFFICIAL new release and send it out to a provider? I don't really have a problem with the way .246 runs (if it ain't broke...) and I guess I'm sort of nervous about doing the whole uninstall, reinstall business, being that I'm new to it. Are the leaks normally just a work in process?
    01-29-11 07:38 AM
    I didnt Bother installing .448 big improvements on this one. browser is mad quick
    01-29-11 08:01 AM
    You have 5 posts on CB and you've already gotten a consensus of which leak is better!?!?
    And where did you get this consensus?
    At the time I posted, there were several peope who posted in the 450 beta/leak thread that they reverted back to 448. Maybe I should have posted that if you're already on 448, 450 may not be worth the time and potential risk of upgrading.

Just because a person has only 5 posts doesn't mean they can't report what they've read so far. It certainly doesn't mean that person should be belittled or discredited either. There are many members here who spent more time reading than boosting their egos via post count.

Perhaps everyone else should just read both the 448 and 450 leak threads instead of creating a redundant thread here.

My apologies for treading on the ground of the vastly superior high post count gods among us.

RezaBerry, merp23 and reubenn like this.
    01-29-11 09:03 AM
    I've been running 450 for a few hours now and haven't found anything wrong (I'm sure there will be bugs, just a matter of finding them) browser is much quicker and the phone is more responsive. I skipped .448 so can't compare but its definitely better than 337!
    Imo

01-29-11 09:16 AM
    found it last night. so far so good. the phone is a lot sanppier, and the browser is alittle reorganized. don't know about the battery yet but like it so far.
    01-29-11 09:29 AM
    At the time I posted, there were several peope who posted in the 450 beta/leak thread that they reverted back to 448. Maybe I should have posted that if you're already on 448, 450 may not be worth the time and potential risk of upgrading.

Just because a person has only 5 posts doesn't mean they can't report what they've read so far. It certainly doesn't mean that person should be belittled or discredited either. There are many members here who spent more time reading than boosting their egos via post count.

Perhaps everyone else should just read both the 448 and 450 leak threads instead of creating a redundant thread here.

My apologies for treading on the ground of the vastly superior high post count gods among us.

You completely misunderstood my post and I am sorry if it offended you. However (and this is where a little experience helps), there's always a flurry of inexperienced users posting claims that a new OS has fantastic battery, incredible memory, or it just is the worst OS ever. The .450 OS was posted not very long before you exclaimed that the "consensus says that .448 is better" and I was trying to explain that the consensus will happen after a day or two of usage, but certainly NOT AFTER A FEW HOURS. Also, from experience (not post count), when there is an OS update quickly after a previous one is leaked there usually is a bug fix which would make the .448 a poor choice to install. (Again, I am not saying .450 is better or worse than .448 but it's best to wait for someone with a few day's use on either OS to give the true findings!)
    However, I am not superior to anyone on here; I just have seen the early posters before that make claims about an OS that turn out to be not very credible.
    And, If you continue to read the .450 posts there seem to be a lot more good reviews.
    FYI, I don't ever inflate my post count with "dribble", but rather try to give informed and credible assistance!

EDIT: I have now installed OS .450 and it seems to be a good one, but too early to tell!
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-29-11 at 04:21 PM.
    01-29-11 09:56 AM
    I was on 337 and skipped the 448 went straight to 450.
    Only one a small thing during the upgrade (I always start the loader.exe manually): I had to do a battery pull in the middle of the upgrade, my phone just got stuck on the boot up at around 70%. After the battery pull all I had to do is plug it back in and click retry. Everything worked perfectly after. Seems to be running very nicely. I'm not a power user, but I use emails and BBM havily. Only a few apps that I use. I tested browsing and youtube and spent about 2 hrs on the phone after the upgrade and everything seems to be working great.
    I hope this helps!
    01-29-11 10:38 AM
    This is my first Blackberry and I'm sort of reserved on installing software leaks -- call me a rookie. Anyway, I'm with Telus and it came with .246 version, which is the latest official version, I think. How long can one typically expect BB to have an OFFICIAL new release and send it out to a provider? I don't really have a problem with the way .246 runs (if it ain't broke...) and I guess I'm sort of nervous about doing the whole uninstall, reinstall business, being that I'm new to it. Are the leaks normally just a work in process?
    The one thing to keep in mind here is that software updates (official ones) for BlackBerrys are handled by the carrier, not RIM. RIM may provide the updates, but it is up to the carrier whether they want to release the software for their customers or not.

01-29-11 10:38 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD