BTHM OS6 .448 Version 1 (.418/.431/.448)

Changelog (over base version)
    -smoother UI
    -Browser Enhancement: quicker page loading
    -Improved battery life

-I will not take credit from such a great base..a lot of things were fine by me in the base os .448 so i touched up on little areas where I personally felt could be better..

Bugs:
    -still no visible cursor in bbm (shift displays cursor)

: Please leave feedback as this is the first version of this hybrid series and it would definitely help for future versions.

Instructions:
    -backup phone

-follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/lo...-first-543077/

-delete/uninstall existing os folder
    -have base OS6 .448 for 9700 installed on pc
    -download BTHM OS6 hybrid changed cods
    -copy contents of hybrid folder and replace the cods in the base java folder(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.448_P6.6.0.105\Java)
    -go to apploader(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader), make sure vendor file is deleted
    -run loader
    -highlight the apps etc you would like to install on the phone then run the program.

Full Java Folder Instructions:
    -go to: (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.448_P6.6.0.105)
    -Delete existing base java folder
    -replace with full hybrid java folder

**** It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly to get the best results. Especially in the restoration part of the files etc****

-do a couple battery pulls(how ever u feel necessary) and allow a couple or hours to settle in (12hrs) and that should be it..
    -enjoy and leave feedback

Someone suggested that I create a paypal account for anyone who would like to donate out of appreciation and I thought it wasn't a bad idea so i created an account. This is just donation if you choose.. I am not asking anyone for money and I never will...I maintain that feedback is all i will ever ask for, thank you.

[CENTER]P.S You do not need a Pay-Pal Account to donate..

Donations (Optional):

[CENTER]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Hybrid Links:

Changed cods:
    Version 1:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Full Java Folder:
    Version 1:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

This Link contains all the removed files for those trying to recover the backgrounds,ringtones etc:

BB OS6 Ringtones (mp4 format, able to be save on a memory card): BB6rings.zip

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    01-26-11 08:41 PM
    YAY first to post. i'll give it a shot and try it now
    01-26-11 08:43 PM
    YAY first to post. i'll give it a shot and try it now
    Will review it after i install it thanks brien for BTHM ONCE AGAIN
    01-26-11 08:46 PM
    Yessir! Damn it was nice to see this... Almost started to think you split Kyle! Thanks again for the Hybrid, downloading now, will post back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 08:51 PM
    The base has been so good to me that I'm hesitant to install, even though Kyle's tweeks have been good to me in the past. Kyle, can you elaborate on what you changed?

I see that the changed COD's download includes 40 COD's and 2 ALX's.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 01-26-11 at 09:22 PM.
    01-26-11 09:19 PM
    The base has been so good to me that I'm hesitant to install, even though Kyle's tweeks have been good to me in the past. Kyle, can you elaborate on what you changed?

I see that the changed COD's download includes 40 COD's and 2 ALX's.

The things improved on are very minor as, like you said, this was a good base. i tweaked the browser and changed some files around for better UI feel and battery..
    sheldonbk likes this.
    01-26-11 09:51 PM
    Awesome, I'll be trying this out. Any OS6.1 files on this build?
    01-26-11 10:16 PM
    No... No OS6.1 files in this build... I don't have access to those CoDs just yet unfortunately

01-26-11 10:19 PM
    Just loaded up, sitting at 119.1 mbs. Overall navigation looks good so far and browser was moving much faster. Noticed a minor blip, wasn't able to save friends pictures through bbm. I'm not sure if this expands to saving pictures/music of the browser as yet. Other than that looks great.

Thanks again
    01-26-11 10:38 PM
    kyle what are the 3 alx files? more so the spec file
    01-26-11 11:45 PM
    the alx files are modified to indicate that the "BTHM HYBRID OS " is indeed installed on your phone.. you could check it out by going to option>device>application manager... it will show up where the blackberry software should be
    01-27-11 12:03 AM
    Nice job as ever !
    01-27-11 12:49 AM
    Unfortunately unable to save files from the browser as well.

01-27-11 06:12 AM
    Unfortunately unable to save files from the browser as well.

Ya.. I'm also..

01-27-11 07:03 AM
    I too also can't save from the browser.

01-27-11 10:10 AM
    Can anyone comment on the reception?

01-27-11 10:11 AM
    Can anyone comment on the reception?

Seems exactly the same as 424v1. As I sit right now, 2-3 bars of EDGE, I get slow browsing and a couple of failure to connect errors, which was new for me with 424. I also sometimes get 1-2 bars of 3G in places I never did before, and it works brilliantly.

Kyle, which radio file have you had the best luck with, was it 418? I think I will swap that one in when I get home. Overall, things seem very slightly delayed and/or a little sluggish.

Security wiped, bbsak wiped, boss shrunk games languages and IM, 5 battery pulls and about 14 hours use.

01-27-11 11:44 AM
    I'm working on having an update asap plus adding some OS6.1 files I've gotten my hands on so hang tight

senator77 and sheldonbk like this.
    01-27-11 11:48 AM
    I'm working on having an update asap plus adding some OS6.1 files I've gotten my hands on so hang tight

Ur welcome from gettin them from our build and from bbh btw

01-27-11 11:59 AM
    Ur welcome from gettin them from our build and from bbh btw

Noone asked you buddy.. I don't owe you thanks for anything since you do not know where I got my CODs from... You should focus on supporting your users in your thread btw

01-27-11 12:09 PM

Nice! this sounds great! Any ideas as to when the quick fix to the browser not being able to download anything will come?
    01-27-11 12:12 PM
    Noone asked you buddy.. I don't owe you thanks for anything since you do not know where I got my CODs from... You should focus on supporting your users in your thread btw

Bbh is the only ppl with 6.1 files. And we put them public in our build. Idk y ur takin wat I said the wrong way. Easy there buddy

01-27-11 12:16 PM
    I actually loaded Suprah's patch from the V5.0 folder for the time being Xavior. Working well so far.
    01-27-11 12:18 PM
    I actually loaded Suprah's patch from the V5.0 folder for the time being Xavior. Working well so far.
    Ill give it a try boss, thanks Can ya shoot me a pm with the details to where that patch is?
    Last edited by Xavior; 01-27-11 at 12:22 PM.
    01-27-11 12:19 PM
    I got yal by tonight. That's a guarantee

@ Suprah if it was an innocent statement then I apologize for the hostility.

senator77 likes this.
    01-27-11 12:23 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD