January 26, 2011 | 1:35 pm

Verizon Wireless acknowledged that BlackBerry users on its network have been facing delays and outages with e-mail and data transfers this week, saying that fixes to its network were in the process of rolling out. The company said it was working alongside BlackBerry maker Research In Motion to investigate the underlying cause of the issue,
    BlackBerry customers have been experiencing an issue with some delays," Verizon spokesman Ken Muche said. "We have escalated it with tech folks at RIM and our company on the network side."

A number of users online, many who say they are from California, have reported trouble receiving e-mail and surfing the Web on their devices.

Two days ago, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton joined the chorus of frustrated users when he tweeted that he would switch to a different carrier if Verizon didn't "get your #BlackBerry issues fixed ASAP! Grrrr!"
    Verizon acknowledges ongoing BlackBerry outages, says fix pending | Technology | Los Angeles Times
    01-26-11 07:22 PM
    I just spoke with VZW and the outage has spread to the NY state area. This happened late last night Jan 28th. As of Jan 29th at 8:40AM EST RIM as acknowledged the problem and is working towards a solution. I was told that within 1.5 hours it would be up and running. Even the VZW technicians are locked out of the tools. I will be on the phone again with VZW at 10AM EST if it is not back up!!! I have been pretty disappointed in the blackberry outages since I got my first blackberry about 15months ago... sorry but 5 outages in that time is unacceptable.... it may be time to go to the iphone or driod............
    01-29-11 07:53 AM
    People need to stop blaming Verizon and place blame on the source, RIM.
    01-29-11 08:27 AM
    I have Sprint and ATT bbs - all not working for email this morning (since around 4-6am as best i can figure). I spoke to ATT Support and they told me it was RIM "server maintenance," and to try again in 2 hours.

Interestingly, BBM still works fine.

Could this have anything to do with Egypt? And why is it so hard to find information about system-wide, or very broad, outages, online? RIM would do better, in my book, to acknowledge the issue on its site so it doesn't make users scratch their heads, send test emails, do battery pulls, etc. in an effort to solve the (non-local) problem.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-29-11 08:39 AM
    I haven't noticed any BIS or BES related outages, not once this whole week. Don't know if this is regional or not.
    01-29-11 09:08 AM
    Apparently it's hit NW Indiana.
    01-29-11 09:46 AM
    To be honest, since it's the weekend, it's no big deal that e-mail is down (don't really check work e-mail on the weekends anyways, it's called a weekend for a reason )

I'd be pissed if web browsing + BBM were down though.
    01-29-11 10:05 AM
    My BlackBerry has been working fine. Network outages are the worst though. Here's hoping mine continues to Function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 10:25 AM
    To be honest, since it's the weekend, it's no big deal that e-mail is down (don't really check work e-mail on the weekends anyways, it's called a weekend for a reason )

I'd be pissed if web browsing + BBM were down though.
    But for those who don't have that luxury, and need their email to come in at all times, this is no good.

Hopefully this problem is fixed quickly for all of those dealing with it.
    01-29-11 10:27 AM
    My internet and email has been down/slow since about 8am here in NJ on VZW, seems like they're working on it though, starting to now get waves of email coming in to the device over the past 5min

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD