I have never and will never pay for a theme, likewise will never charge for mine. Can we get our own section? Its getting harder to find good free themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    chirmer#CB likes this.
    01-26-11 02:03 PM
    Also might as well combine the 96xx and 97xx compatible threads. Sucks checking and posting to 3 threads.

01-26-11 02:09 PM
    i agree with all of the above---except the part about charging for my themes---i dont know how to make them. However, it is quite annoying to sift through premium and free. some themers are good at posting the correct title starting with free or premium however others not so much.
    01-26-11 02:20 PM
    It'll become more confusing after OS6 becomes widespread. Then there will be FREE or PREMIUM and OS5 or OS6. Right?

I think I'll stick with OS5 for a few months on my 9650.

01-26-11 02:51 PM
    I cannot see why we should penalize premium theme makers by shifting all their hard work to a seperate section just to allow the OP to be lazy.

All saleable themes are clearly marked with the word PREMIUM so, assuming you can read, it should be a falrly easy choice.

Whilst you CAN find good free themes I tend to find that you gat what you pay for. Many free themes are, imo, overpriced. Whilst any number of premium themes take many hours of work to perfect and to optimize.

If the OP does not wish to pay then let him troll amongst the freebies to his heart's content along with the many hardworking premoum thememakers' output.
    01-26-11 02:58 PM
    I would prefer to call themes "free" or "paid". "Premium" implies higher quality, and I've purchased themes that were garbage, whereas I've donated to some developers since their free themes were better than anything for sale.

01-26-11 03:06 PM
    I have to scroll through pages of mostly "premium" posts and have to work at finding ones marked "free". I don't see what the big deal is for making it a new section. And yea, most of the "premium" themes aren't premium.

01-26-11 04:00 PM
    I would prefer to call themes "free" or "paid". "Premium" implies higher quality, and I've purchased themes that were garbage, whereas I've donated to some developers since their free themes were better than anything for sale.

I agree. The word Premium is a misnomer at best. It implies superior quality which may or may not be true but it certainly defines the fact that money is involved.

What to call paid-for themes was a long discussion within the mod and theme developer community and premium was finally selected as "the word" to identify when money was involved.

Personally I would have just used three dollar signs "$$$" at the start of the theme thread title. That did not happen.

I also have to agree that there are some excellent free themes and some garbage paid-for ones but, that's just life, I feel. We have all gotten good stuff cheap and paid over the odds when we think we are buying "premium".

I have to say that I buy themes very carefully and often I end up paying a bit extra to have the theme maker customize my chosen theme.
    01-26-11 04:30 PM
    I have to scroll through pages of mostly "premium" posts and have to work at finding ones marked "free". I don't see what the big deal is for making it a new section. And yea, most of the "premium" themes aren't premium.

Yawn. Have you heard of SEARCH???
    01-26-11 04:32 PM
    Yawn. Have you heard of SEARCH???
    It really is not that easy. If people would title it appropriately it might be but they don't. It really is NOT too much to ask for. Why should we have to soft through fee themes when we know good and well we are not purchasing them, regardless of look?
    dont think of it as moving "premium" themes, as you said in an earlier post, think of it as moving the free ones.
    01-26-11 05:26 PM
    It really is not that easy. If people would title it appropriately it might be but they don't. It really is NOT too much to ask for. Why should we have to soft through fee themes when we know good and well we are not purchasing them, regardless of look?
    dont think of it as moving "premium" themes, as you said in an earlier post, think of it as moving the free ones.
    I was thinking of a forum search in http://forums.crackberry.com/f148 simply using -premium as a search criteria. Thsi would show all threads except those with premium in the thread title if you did a thread search.

In truth, Google is a better Crackberry search engine than our built in one. However the same principles apply
    01-27-11 08:47 AM
    I would like to see 9630/9650/9700 and 8900 themes all combined, and I would like to see the moderators delete threads that are not titled correctly. It's not hard. Free or "premium"....I just said free or paid.
    01-27-11 02:45 PM
    I cannot see why we should penalize premium theme makers by shifting all their hard work to a seperate section just to allow the OP to be lazy.

All saleable themes are clearly marked with the word PREMIUM so, assuming you can read, it should be a falrly easy choice.

Whilst you CAN find good free themes I tend to find that you gat what you pay for. Many free themes are, imo, overpriced. Whilst any number of premium themes take many hours of work to perfect and to optimize.

If the OP does not wish to pay then let him troll amongst the freebies to his heart's content along with the many hardworking premoum thememakers' output.
    Wow, harsh much? So the OP is lazy because he is having a hard time sifting through the plethora of themes titled "HOT! SEXY! MUST HAVE!" and say neither Free nor Premium... wow, okay. PS, in case you haven't noticed, quite a few do NOT say Premium when they in-fact are... it's very frustrating.

I have bought quite a few themes in my day, and TBH, there's always a freebie theme that's just as good, with a few exceptions. Just because they're premium does not mean they're better... some on the homepage asking for money right now are laughable and hideous... cost doesn't equal quality in Blackberry themes.

Plus, isn't there like, a resource for free apps for your BlackBerry? So why not free themes? Plunk everything free into one forum, so people who don't want to/can't afford to put money into their BB don't have to and have an easy place to find what they're looking for.

"Troll amongst the freebies?" Not even going to address the absurdity of that one...
    02-03-11 07:24 PM
    I feel that the Free & Premium themes should DEFINITELY be seperated. I don't really purchase too many themes because I switch up so much & it's ridiculous to have to filter through the thread to find the new free themes when most of them are premiums. This is just my personal preference. I'm not lazy, I just work 2 jobs & really don't have time to do the filtering.
    02-04-11 09:03 AM
    crackberry makes money from sales thru their store, so them shifting people away from their store isnt exactly `good business`.

also i agree its frustrating when people dont title threads correctly (yes iv seen threads marked FREE that are actually charing too, goes both ways).

best advice i could give is download the crackberry app, hit the themes section and filter by price going low to high, i.e free items first.

as to wether a theme (or any app for that matter) is worth the money, i look at it in the sense of most stuff is less than a cup of coffee in starbucks, and it should last ya a fair bit longer too
    02-05-11 09:45 PM
    How do I get my free themes in the app store?

02-06-11 09:35 AM
    How do I get my free themes in the app store?

https://www.mobireach.com/login.asp

hit that links and select the `join now` options under the `content partners` section on the left.
    02-06-11 11:22 AM
    I completely agree!!!!
    02-06-11 02:42 PM
    crackberry makes money from sales thru their store, so them shifting people away from their store isnt exactly `good business`.

also i agree its frustrating when people dont title threads correctly (yes iv seen threads marked FREE that are actually charing too, goes both ways).

best advice i could give is download the crackberry app, hit the themes section and filter by price going low to high, i.e free items first.

as to wether a theme (or any app for that matter) is worth the money, i look at it in the sense of most stuff is less than a cup of coffee in starbucks, and it should last ya a fair bit longer too
    This would be all fine and dandy if it weren't for the fact that most free themes are not in the store... plus, sometimes you want a theme for the theme itself, regardless of its price. In that case, the monetary value is no longer a factor. Some of my favorite themes are free because of the goodness of the creator, and it's extremely difficult to find those gems the way the forums are currently laid out.
    02-07-11 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD