Hi..I have looked through the other posts...I get a bad feeling that there is a common element to alot of the problems people seem to be having...seems like the common denominator is that they updated using Mac DM. That is the route I plan to go and am a bit scared. Could you post if you had success using Mac DM...when I connect my BB to my Mac I do see the new update in DM, just afraid to move forward at this point??? Thanks
    01-26-11 09:41 AM
    i used to have a pc and nvr updated using desktop manager.
    i always updated using OTA. but since i would have had to do two OTA upgrades, one to .1006 and then to 6.0 i decided to try DM. worked fine. working fine now. only had to reboot cuz the intro video stalled. will check back
    01-26-11 10:30 AM
    I upgraded yesterday evening on my mac DM, from .975 to .1006 to .431.. I have not had any issues other than my icons moved around once I had set that where I wanted. I deleted one of the apps I never used and pulled the battery, haven't had a problem since. I was one of the people who actually waited for the official vz update, so this os6 is completely new to me. But wow, this thing is so fast! I'm loving it
    01-26-11 10:31 AM
    I did the official this morning to .431

No issues or problems.

Good Luck
    01-26-11 10:33 AM
    I used my Macbook Pro to do the update last night and it was flawless, everything works fine today. Only took less than a half hour to do it.
    01-26-11 11:42 AM
    I ran into an issue. More of a device issue, it wouldn't reset, causing the download to quit. then I unplugged it, tried to restart and it would. Then plugged it into the computer and it asked to reload the OS. Did all that and working great. Even with the issues, took under an hour to do.
    01-26-11 01:10 PM
    FYI..I am the OP...I upgraded today with Mac DM and it went fine..one error when reloading apps...could not set Network Options...but that did not seem to affect anything...trying to get used to new OS...seems a little more "complicated" than 5? And oddly stuff looks less polished than os 5..cartoonish in some ways?
    01-26-11 08:38 PM
    I ran into an issue. More of a device issue, it wouldn't reset, causing the download to quit. then I unplugged it, tried to restart and it would. Then plugged it into the computer and it asked to reload the OS. Did all that and working great. Even with the issues, took under an hour to do.
    Same experience here. I also have the latest Mac DM.
    01-27-11 06:00 AM
    Is my mac the only one that won't let the phone update? It goes through the backup process then it says could not update due to a network problem or something. What do i do?
    01-27-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD