I have been using the bbm for some time now. As of late, when I send one, it does not reach the other person for quite some time....hours lately...What is the problem, any ideas??

Also, does the bbm work in the Caribbean???
    01-26-11 09:16 AM
    BBM should work anywhere you get an open data signal, as long as you have a BlackBerry data plan.

No idea what your problem could be. Are you getting the checkmark immediately after sending the message? Is it taking a long time to transmit before getting the checkmark? Is it taking a long time before you get the D or the R?

Are you in the Caribbean or are you going there? I'm not sure what their coverage is like on a CDMA device, you may need to contact your carrier.

Once you send your message through BBM and receive the checkmark, the message is then on the BB server. It may be an issue with your friend's BB to where he/she is not getting the message. It's possible they have signal issues that are causing a delay in the reception of their message. Once the message is on the BB server, it's simply a matter of it getting to your recipient's handset, which is out of your control. Once they have signal, the message will automatically land on their device.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 01-26-11 at 10:47 AM.
    01-26-11 10:39 AM
    there are RIM BIS outages currently. Check that section of the board for more details
    01-26-11 11:20 AM
    RIM BIS outages and as far as I can tell, limited to Verizon users. Here on Telus and Rogers there are no delays. Cant speak for any other carriers as I only have the 2 BlackBerries.
    01-26-11 11:24 AM
    I'm on sprint and having the same issues. I will send a bbm and there is no check mark for some time... took 10 min for my daughter to receive my message. But if I send a regular text message, she gets that right away. very frustrating! Also, visual voice mail told me at 12:30pm today that i had a message ..from 10:20am!!! . Also, yesterday, whenever i tried calling my son or daughter, there was no ring. just silence on my end..and then all of a sudden they'd answer.. and my daughter said one time her phone never rang, just said missed call from me. my husband tried calling her from his verizon phone, and same thing. i tried from my work phone (land line) same thing. I thought maybe it had something to do with the latest update we did from sprint? but maybe not, if there's outages?
    01-26-11 03:09 PM
    I am on AT&T and this morning around 7:30 we were having delay on BBM delivery to about 5 or 6 minutes. It was cleared up by 8:00 or so. I am in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD