Just updated to os6 from os5 on the desktop manager and everything worked fine but now my phone is very sluggish. Everything takes a second or two to process. Would doing a clean install improve this any? By clean install I mean wiping the blackberry and then installing os6 (if there was any confusion).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 06:09 AM
    You might also do a few battery pulls and give it a day or two to settle in. New OS's sometimes need a little time to preform the way they should.

If your phone is still sluggish after this then go ahead and wipe the device and reload the OS.
    01-26-11 06:13 AM
    I found that to be the case with my phone also. After dowloading OS6 my phone was very slow to process anything , but after about 6 hours it just kind of settled in and was way snappier than software version 5 ever was. Give it time.

01-26-11 06:18 AM
    It took mine about 45 minutes to settle down and now it runs a whole lot faster than it did on OS5. Be patient before you downgrade and you might like the results.
    01-26-11 06:21 AM
    Just updated to os6 from os5 on the desktop manager and everything worked fine but now my phone is very sluggish. Everything takes a second or two to process. Would doing a clean install improve this any? By clean install I mean wiping the blackberry and then installing os6 (if there was any confusion).

You may have to wipe and reload. I've run every available version of BB6 for 9650, and this one is by far the smoothest!
    01-26-11 07:11 AM

This is the most responsive version of BB6 that I've had and I played around with all the leaks and the sprint official. Pull the battery 2-3 times within the first couple of hours after install, it usually takes a day for the OS to settle in. If it's still sluggish then you might have to do a wipe.
    01-26-11 07:41 AM
    Impatient people amaze me...

01-26-11 07:43 AM
    You may have to wipe and reload. I've run every available version of BB6 for 9650, and this one is by far the smoothest!
    I to have had all of the itterations of leaked BB6 and several of the BB6 hybrids. My phone was smooth and snappy after the first bat pull. (Maybe it has had so many itterations of BB6 that is knows how to act now???)

As suggested, give it some time and some bat pulls and see how it does.

If you need to re-install, don't use DM, use loader.exe in the AppLoader folder of the OS install. Much better way to do it with generally less problems.
    01-26-11 07:43 AM

How long should you have to wait? Why shouldn't it just work?
    01-26-11 07:55 AM
    It does work? You had me at hello

01-26-11 08:03 AM
    I have been fascinated by our software tolerance. "Pull your battery a few times". "It will take a few hours or days to settle in". "You may need to do a wipe and re-install the software". "Be patient". I wonder how tolerant I would be if I walked in to my dark house and the light switch worked once in a while. Maybe I will need to tolerate a few cold nights since my furnace only works when it wants to work. I suppose it would be ok if I am on the interstate and my car decides to stop working.

I have done my share of battery pulls, installed software more than once and am a "bugs will be there" realist. I just have to chuckle sometimes at how tolerant we have become with our gadgets and their "sometimes working, sometimes not" life.
    01-26-11 08:19 AM
    The part I don't get is what is going on with this "settling in" thing? Can somebody explain? There is no other programmed electronic gadget that ever has this weird phenomenon. I know that this is how it has worked with blackberrys since forever - but why?

01-26-11 08:45 AM
    I too am finding my blackberry to be sluggish after upgrading to 6.0...in fact,so far I really dont see a lot of positive improvements to be honest!...I am one who always upgrades but in this case I am not sure why i did...the BB is sluggish....several of my apps dont work and I see little if any difference in the browser...I do hope it improves
    01-26-11 08:56 AM
    How long should you have to wait? Why shouldn't it just work?
    Because then you would not have anything to complain about ! Have a good day.

01-26-11 09:05 AM
    I have been fascinated by our software tolerance. "Pull your battery a few times". "It will take a few hours or days to settle in". "You may need to do a wipe and re-install the software". "Be patient". I wonder how tolerant I would be if I walked in to my dark house and the light switch worked once in a while. Maybe I will need to tolerate a few cold nights since my furnace only works when it wants to work. I suppose it would be ok if I am on the interstate and my car decides to stop working.

I have done my share of battery pulls, installed software more than once and am a "bugs will be there" realist. I just have to chuckle sometimes at how tolerant we have become with our gadgets and their "sometimes working, sometimes not" life.
    Software is what it is, things don't always go smoothly. Especially with OTA updates. Mine installed fine on Monday night, the OP's didn't. Wait a bit, if it's still sluggish, then a wipe and reload is the best bet.

Ordinarily the heat in my car works fine, until I tried to change the selector switch to defrost and it broke. Hmmmm, I guess your analogies aren't so silly after all.
    01-26-11 09:11 AM
    Because then you would not have anything to complain about ! Have a good day.

I'm not complaining. My phone's not sluggish. Thanks anyway though.
    01-26-11 09:15 AM
    For those of you who wonder why a couple of battery pulls or waiting X hours after an upgrade seems to improve performance, there's a bit of software optimization that can take place after install. An OS can dynamically track what modules are used most frequently and preload them in the next load iteration. Windows does this a bit with prefetch (Prefetcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). With each battery pull/system reboot, your BB will get more data on which applications you frequently use and can optimize future loading sequences.

One thing I really like about OS6 is the new Application Management section in Options. You not only see all your installed apps like OS5 Options/Applications, but you can also switch to various views like CPU utilization, application usage, and memory utilization. You can see instantaneous usage, or summary data for today, yesterday, or week. I think it's a good place to check out what apps are sucking up system resources or to find out what might be causing laggy behavior.
    01-26-11 12:30 PM
    bottom line rim needs to catch up before they get left behind like palm... just put out a good browser already dont make customers wait for 6.1
    01-26-11 12:42 PM
    Hmmmmmm....
    01-26-11 12:54 PM

Who's impatient?
    01-26-11 01:07 PM
    Also guys keep in mid more updates will keep coming in the future from RIM...one step at a time.
    01-26-11 03:29 PM
    Best program to wipe a BB? Jl Cmder?
    01-30-11 08:33 PM
    just shrink the **** out of it with BB boss

and Steven I use JL, BBMCP, BBSAK or BB Boss to wipe.. whatever I have open at the time
    Last edited by Fubaz; 01-30-11 at 08:36 PM.
    01-30-11 08:34 PM
    I've been on .431 since it launched and it runs better and smoother every day. My battery life is better than it was on .415 and memory is stable. It's been four days since my last reboot and I'm down just 2.5 MB.
    01-30-11 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD