Hallelujah! I just checked the VZW page (4:05 CST) and now the BB6 download is available. This will make all those people like me who want a warm and fuzzy feeling from having the download from Verizon (not the leak). Have fun everyone.
    01-25-11 04:07 PM
    i have a mac, dm for mac isnt picking up the new software, any ideas?
    01-25-11 04:13 PM
    Hallelujah! I just checked the VZW page (4:05 CST) and now the BB6 download is available. This will make all those people like me who want a warm and fuzzy feeling from having the download from Verizon (not the leak). Have fun everyone.
    You do realize that the download from Verizon is the same thing as the leak, right?
    01-25-11 04:16 PM
    I believe he is referring to the fact you can download the file over the web and then using DM you can update. I have a Mac as well and the update hasn't been pushed to DM for Mac yet and we can't download files over the web like everyone else. Just have to wait a bit longer.
    01-25-11 04:16 PM
    I would think it would be the same for mac or pc. Go to the link below:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

Choose Bold 9650, and the update for 6 should be there. Download the file and install it to your mac. THEN, go to dm and try the update and it should work.

I haven't used DM on a mac, so I can't say for sure. Maybe someone else can clarify whether or not I'm right.
    01-25-11 04:18 PM

Choose Bold 9650, and the update for 6 should be there. Download the file and install it to your mac. THEN, go to dm and try the update and it should work.

I haven't used DM on a mac, so I can't say for sure. Maybe someone else can clarify whether or not I'm right.

Referenced this issue above. Can't download the file to Macs. Gata wait for DM for Mac to get it and then download. Or a dreaded OTA, but that takes forever
    01-25-11 04:21 PM
    01-25-11 04:27 PM
    You do realize that the download from Verizon is the same thing as the leak, right?
    Yeah, I realize it. Hey, I guess I'm old school. As you may have seen me post earlier today, I was going break down and download the leak if nothing hit by later tonight. It would have been my first time to do such. As you can see evidenced by the flood of people beginning to respond to all the posts about the "official" OTA and download versions being available finally, it appears there's a bunch of "not so high speed" folks that have waited for the VZW download to drop. Maybe I'll test the waters and try the next leak that comes out, or maybe even a hybrid, who knows. At this point I'm still comfortable waiting for the "official official official" releases
    01-25-11 04:27 PM
    Referenced this issue above. Can't download the file to Macs. Gata wait for DM for Mac to get it and then download. Or a dreaded OTA, but that takes forever
    Sorry Lonestar, I hit reply before your post hit. Hook 'em Horns
    01-25-11 04:29 PM
    Yeah, I realize it. Hey, I guess I'm old school. As you may have seen me post earlier today, I was going break down and download the leak if nothing hit by later tonight. It would have been my first time to do such. As you can see evidenced by the flood of people beginning to respond to all the posts about the "official" OTA and download versions being available finally, it appears there's a bunch of "not so high speed" folks that have waited for the VZW download to drop. Maybe I'll test the waters and try the next leak that comes out, or maybe even a hybrid, who knows. At this point I'm still comfortable waiting for the "official official official" releases
    Ok, always seems to be confusion over what a "leak" really is.
    01-25-11 04:30 PM
    Sorry Lonestar, I hit reply before your post hit. Hook 'em Horns
    No worries just wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

Hook 'em
    01-25-11 04:30 PM

I have a mac too, an .exe file doesn't work for mac. We only use .dmg
    01-25-11 07:46 PM
    I am using a mac and the DM is working. Updating to OS6 now
    01-25-11 11:09 PM
    There is a DM 6 version for mac.
    01-25-11 11:55 PM
    DM for mac is getting stuck at file 403 for me...tried several times with no success
    01-26-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD