Update 2011/08/21 - SuperTilt v5.0

Based on popular demand, I have updated this theme with OS7 icons !!

>> OTA Install SuperTilt v5.0 <<

If you download, please leave a comment on what you like/dislike about this theme. Thanks.

================================================== =================
    Update 2011/02/24 - SuperTilt v4.2

Bug fixes on browser bookmark text color.
    Bug fixes on WiFi meters and Notification icons on application headers.
    Everyone should upgrade to v4.2

================================================== =================

Major Update 2011/02/21 - SuperTilt v4.1

Changes includes:
    1. New banner design (smaller header).
    2. Access to Calendar / Clock / Profile from header hotspots.
    3. Access to Options / Messages / Manage Connection from footer hotspots.
    4. Added Text messages on Hidden Today screen.
    5. Refined color scheme (Semi-transparent dialog and menu background, etc)

Portrait Home Screen and screenshot markup showing the 15 hotspots

Hidden Docks

Hidden Today

Landscape Media Dock

================================================== ================

Update 2011/02/15 - SuperTilt v3.1

v3 solved some navigation issues but have introduced too much lag. So, I have gone back to the drawing board last night, and I think I have nailed it. You will be surprised how smooth the hidden dock and the hidden today is in v3.1.
    I wasn't able to get to this smooth with the hidden today in the past.
    Try v3.1 and you will not be disappointed.

Major Update 2011/02/13 - SuperTilt v3

High-level changes:
    1. Color changes .... I have converted the default coloring scheme into a Black/Silver one.
    2. The handling of the Hidden Today have been redesigned
    3. Added 5 quick access hotspots to the Hidden Today screen
    3. Graphic and Script optimization - resulting in a smaller and faster theme

Updates 2011/02/06 - SuperTilt+v2

Just like v2 of the Lite version, this update converted the four corner hotspots on the home screen to be customizable.
    SuperTilt+v2 now has 20 customizable app slots on the home screen (4 corner hidden hotspots, plus the 16 slots acorss the four hidden docks).

Application mapping:
    - The weather slot (app0)
    - Four corner hidden hotspot (app1-app4)
    - Dock1 @bottom (app5-app8)
    - Dock2 @left (app9-app12)
    - Dock3 @top (app13-app16)
    - Dock4 @right (app17-app20)

================================================== ======

** Major Updates 2011/02/05

The next version of SuperTilt+ is ready.
    This is based on the latest version of the "Lite" version posted on 2011/02/02

Summary of changes:
    1. Redesigned hotspots on the Portrait Home Screen (3 additional hidden docks) ... see screenshot markup.
    2. Add "Windows Live Messenger" to the Landscape Social Dock (removed Social Feed as it is already on the Portrait Home)

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Hidden Docks (with 16 customizable apps)
    - Dock 1 (app #2 - #5)
    - Dock 2 (app #6 - #9)
    - Dock 3 (app #10 - #13)
    - Dock 4 (app #14 - #17)

I have decided to keep the Tilt-Launch function separate from SuperTilt+ / SuperTilt+ Lite.
    For those users who would like to have the Tilt-Launch function, I have posted them on the TiltLaunch and TiltLaunch Lite threads.

Thanks.

================================================== ======

Updates 2011/02/02

There are some navigation bugs introduced in the 2011/02/01 version.
    I have reverted some changes and published another version (SuperTilt+ Lite) ....

SuperTilt+ Lite

I will (in the near future) work on another version with different Landscape functions.
    Thank you for your patience and interest in SuperTilt+.

Updates 2011/02/01

Changes Summary:
    - Customizable apps slots on Landscape Home (app#17 - app#27)
    - WiFi meter changes - remove WiFi meter icon when WiFi is disabled
    - Same default wallpaper on Landscape and Portrait Home Screens

Details/Background:
    I would like to do more on the Landscape Home, so here is the first step....
    Besides the hotspots available on the portrait home screen and the hidden dock (app#2 - app#5), user can now decided what apps to show up on the landscape home (app#16 - app#27). User can always get to app#6 - app#16 by pressing the physical application key on the phone.
    Noted that the first app slot on Landscape home (app#16) have a blue background to it. This is by design and it help simplified the development of that screen (so I don't have to program the whole screen with SVG codes).

Sample case: (how I decided to arrange my apps)
    - Navigation apps on the hidden dock
    - Social and Media apps on the Landscape home (I still like the idea of using that home screen as the media and social dock)
    - Rest of the apps are place on app#6 - app#16 (less frequently used apps are placed in the "application" folder)
    - With 27 apps available on the home screen (plus the hidden hotspots) ... I don't really have much left to put in the "application" folder)

BTW, I have submitted a bug report to RIM for the Landscape home screen, as soon as they fixed that, I will be adding more functionality to the Landscape Mode. Stay Tuned.

Minor cosmetic updates 2011/01/31

Changes:
    - Battery / Signal / WiFi meter
    - Better focus management to address the issue of "Portrait Home loosing focus when switching back from Landscape Home".

Major Update 2011/01/28 - SuperTilt+

The ThemeBuilder part are rebuild from ground up to get around the Hidden Today challenges I had yesterday.
    Anyway, here are a list of features of SuperTilt+.

Still focusing on functions and placement of elements on the home screen. This version is getting very close to what I wanted in term of functionality. Simple, Clean, Fast but yet Powerful.

Portrait Mode:-
    - Very wallpaper friendly.
    - Weather Slot (app #1).
    - Hidden dock with four customizable app slots (app #2-5). Shown by tapping the notification area. Hide by "Escape" key.
    - Large hidden button at the top banner for Clock, Profile and Connections.
    - Wide notification area at the bottom of the screen
    - **NEW** Five additional hidden hotspots (Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right, Middle).
    + Top Left: Messages
    + Top Right: Calendar
    + Bottom Left: Phonebook
    + Bottom Right: Social Feed
    + Middle: Hidden Today with Message and Calendar elements (close by the "Escape" key)

Landscape Mode:-
    - Applications are non-customizable by design.
    - Act as Media and Social dock with 12 icons.
    - Still have access to Profile, Clock and Connections in the top banner.
    - Focus Today are removed from this version to avoid conflicts with the Portrait Mode (RIM bug).

Please let me know what you think about this version.

Navigation tips:-
    - The five hidden hotspots are disabled (by design) when the hidden dock is opened. Closing the hidden dock will enable all the other hotspots again. You can either press on the weather slot or the escape key to close the dock.
    - Similarly, the hidden dock will be disabled when the Hidden today screen is opened. Hidden today can be closed by either pressing on the weather slot or the escape key. Doing so will enable all other hotspots.
    - There seems to be a RIM bug on maintaining focus when user switch between Landscape and Portrait mode. If the hotspots on the home screen doesn't seems to be responding, you can press on one of the elements on the top banner to place the focus back to the home screen ... doing so should make the hotspot on that screen work again. I have also programmed the escape key to reset the state of all hotspots ... but if the OS still think you are still in Landscape mode ... the escape key will not trigger the code on the Portrait screen ... it will be just like you are pressing escape key in the actual Landscape screen ... if you know what I mean.
    - The four app slot on the hidden dock are customizable, they are app #2 to #5 on your app list. The weather slot is the app #1.

Thank you, and Enjoy.

Updated 2011/01/27 - SuperTilt7 (with hidden dock ... finally!!!)
    Changes:
    - Hidden Dock on Portrait Home (tap bottom dock area to show dock, hit escape key to hide dock)
    - Removed trackpad navigation for Portrait Home (until I can find a way to do it nicely with the hidden dock)
    - Added background for Landscape Home (apparently, RIM have fixed the wallpaper in the new version of ThemeBuilder, so I need to be safe just in case user changed the background to something brighter)
    - Changed Portrait Home application text color to blue (looks better on both dark / bright wallpaper... in my opinion).

Updated 2011/01/26 - SuperTilt6
    Changes:
    - Trackpad navigation is back (somewhat)
    - Navigation changes on Landscape mode
    - Application changes on Landscape mode (replace youtube with voicenote) ... as I don't really use the youtube apps which is basically a bookmark of the youtube site anyway.
    - Added background to the bottom notification area to make it more "bright wallpaper" friendly.

Updated 2011/01/25 14:00 EST (fixed the top banner misalignment shown with light color wallpaper).
    This is a theme I made for myself last night. My first theme creation ever.

Features / Design Principles:
    - Focus on function and placement of Home Screens
    - Wallpaper friendly
    - Wide notification area
    - Weather slot
    - One or Two tap/click to everything (if setup correctly)
    - Access to Clock, Profile & Connections from Home screen
    - 5 customizable slot on Home Screen
    - Access to Today and Media in Landscape mode (Icons in Landscape mode are non-customizable by design)

Landscape mode have a focus today area in the middle. (not shown in the screen capture)

Comments are welcome.

Future ideas:
    - Hidden dock(s) / today(s) <-- Done in SuperTilt+ version
    - Find some nice icon set (the default set are a bit boring)
    - Find a way to play/view media right on the Landscape Home
    Last edited by slgta; 08-03-12 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Putting this theme in AppWorld
    01-25-11 11:09 AM
    Very nice looking theme. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    01-25-11 11:12 AM
    Nice.. Thanks for sharing...
    01-25-11 11:18 AM
    First theme I've even been tempted to try since I got TINT. Well done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 11:40 AM
    Great theme, but there's a bug, when I change wallpaper, there is like a one pixel line that the Clock bar doesn't go all the way across the phone screen. I changed the default wallpaper to a white background.
    slgta likes this.
    01-25-11 12:31 PM
    Great theme, but there's a bug, when I change wallpaper, there is like a one pixel line that the Clock bar doesn't go all the way across the phone screen. I changed the default wallpaper to a white background.
    Thank you for the feedback. I have just checked, if you mean the right-most side of the top banner... I will correct that and post again.

Thanks.
    01-25-11 12:35 PM
    First theme I've even been tempted to try since I got TINT. Well done!

Thank you for your interest. Let me know what you think once you have a chance to play around with it.

Thanks.
    01-25-11 12:36 PM
    Very nice looking theme. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Nice.. Thanks for sharing...
    My pleasure.
    01-25-11 12:38 PM
    Thank you for the feedback. I have just checked, if you mean the right-most side of the top banner... I will correct that and post again.

Thanks.

Certainly. I feel if some more work went into making this theme, more features, etc, it will be one of best Free ones out there.

I feel an icon set would do wonders, because with the white Wallpaper I use, and the white icons, it's hard to distinguish. But the home set up is quite nice. Love the simplicity.
    Last edited by cratskomodo; 01-25-11 at 12:43 PM.
    01-25-11 12:41 PM
    loveeeeeee it, been looking for something like this thank you thank you
    01-25-11 12:47 PM
    Certainly. I feel if some more work went into making this theme, more features, etc, it will be one of best Free ones out there.

I feel an icon set would do wonders, because with the white Wallpaper I use, and the white icons, it's hard to distinguish. But the home set up is quite nice. Love the simplicity.
    The banner mis-alignment have been corrected. I have uploaded the files again.

Here is the download link ... http://www.bbthemelab.com/s/A0vxZz

Glad you love the simplicity.
    My plan is to add more features to this theme once I learn a few more tricks.

Thanks.
    01-25-11 01:06 PM
    loveeeeeee it, been looking for something like this thank you thank you
    You are very welcome, Susan. Feels good to see that my first theme is getting some love from others.
    01-25-11 01:12 PM
    Love it aswell, just feels odd having no trackpad for the home screen
    01-25-11 01:39 PM
    Love it aswell, just feels odd having no trackpad for the home screen
    Thanks.

I think the trackpad navigation is a ThemeBuilder bug.... among a few others.

Personally, I don't find a need for trackpad navigation on the portrait home screen. I have tried to make the home screen looks very clean by removing all label text, arrange and push all element as far to the top and the bottom as much as possible, and, I have also replaced the default blue tab focus image with a transparent image.

There are a total of 8 things you can tap on the portrait home, four on top and four at the bottom. Nice and simple.
    01-25-11 01:55 PM
    I like your no track pad idea but I think it'd be better if the middle button opened up the apps list as well rather than Messages as if it was pressing the 'All' tab on the regular default theme. However I will download the update (I'm excited to actually use it now) and will get back to you with more feedback. Thanks for the free theme!

EDIT: Okay the middle button = texts is actually nice. Just took some getting used to.

I really like the potential with this theme. I hope with the theme-builder updates some bugs are fixed, mainly the Landscape wallpaper one. Also, have you thought about making the landscape icons User-customizable?
    Also, new icons would definitely be a nice addition. And I also feel like the new message icon (the one underneath the icons on the home screen) should go somewhere else. Feels kind of out of place there.
    However, overall, I really like this theme. Not changing back to my old one for now.

EDIT 2: Okay, so I guess the middle button stays to whatever you pressed last on your home screen, if you Hit the clock, and then exit out the clock, then press the middle button it opens the clock back up. I think you should make this one stick to opening one option, Messages seems like a good idea.
    Last edited by cratskomodo; 01-25-11 at 08:06 PM.
    01-25-11 07:25 PM
    I like it just the way it is! Simple; Functional; Uncluttered. Great job OP, definitely looking forward to your future creations. Thanks for posting this.

01-25-11 08:06 PM
    I like your no track pad idea but I think it'd be better if the middle button opened up the apps list as well rather than Messages as if it was pressing the 'All' tab on the regular default theme. However I will download the update (I'm excited to actually use it now) and will get back to you with more feedback. Thanks for the free theme!

EDIT: Okay the middle button = texts is actually nice. Just took some getting used to.

I really like the potential with this theme. I hope with the theme-builder updates some bugs are fixed, mainly the Landscape wallpaper one. Also, have you thought about making the landscape icons User-customizable?
    Also, new icons would definitely be a nice addition. And I also feel like the new message icon (the one underneath the icons on the home screen) should go somewhere else. Feels kind of out of place there.
    However, overall, I really like this theme. Not changing back to my old one for now.

EDIT 2: Okay, so I guess the middle button stays to whatever you pressed last on your home screen, if you Hit the clock, and then exit out the clock, then press the middle button it opens the clock back up. I think you should make this one stick to opening one option, Messages seems like a good idea.
    I thought the trackpad button is treated just like the enter key, so whatever have focus will get trigger when that button is pressed, but I could be wrong, maybe there is a way to change that behavior. I will see if there is a way to do this.

Re the bottom notification icons, it should be better if I give them a background (like what the top banner has). The notification area were there by design ... one of my first design point for SuperTilt.

Thank you very much for spending the time to try the theme and all the feedback / ideas. I will make some enhancement to the next version in the next few days.
    01-25-11 09:33 PM
    I like it just the way it is! Simple; Functional; Uncluttered. Great job OP, definitely looking forward to your future creations. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks. I will try to keep it "Simple; Functional and yet Uncluttered" when I add more function and enhancement to it.
    01-25-11 09:35 PM
    Sorry guys and gals. I have trouble with the Composer tool tonight.
    The tool came with the Blackberry ThemeBuilder v6 beta but it somehow creating theme button with the wrong size. 9800 buttons should be 90x95 but the composer is creating 64x64 buttons for me.

It is really strange, I have opened a bug report with RIM, but since I have not heard about it before, it probably just me.... so I probably going to uninstall and reinstall ThemeBuilder tomorrow and try again.

BTW, here are the enhancements I have in mind for the next version of this theme ...
    1. covert the four slot at the bottom to a hidden dock (shown when scroll up with trackpad, close when scroll down?)
    2. add four hidden hotspots on the middle part of the screen for some often used apps (I am thinking for Mail, Calendar and couple other apps .. any suggestions?)
    3. add a background for the notification area (bottom of the portrait home)

Any comments / suggestions on the above (or other ideas) are always welcome.

Thanks.
    Last edited by slgta; 01-26-11 at 12:05 AM.
    01-26-11 12:02 AM
    If you can use a different set of icons ( more butiful or creative) , the theme would look much better.

Thank you for sharing FOC.
    01-26-11 07:43 AM
    cant say enough about this theme, is perfect as is for me, simple fast and wall friendly and great size clock, ty for sharing this theme
    01-26-11 10:13 AM
    Watch the first post. A minor update will be posted soon.

Changes:
    - Trackpad navigation is back (somewhat)
    - Navigation changes on Landscape mode
    - Application changes on Landscape mode (replace youtube with voicenote) ... as I don't really use the youtube apps which is basically a bookmark of the youtube site anyway.
    - Added background to the bottom notification area to make it more "bright wallpaper" friendly.

Enjoy.
    01-26-11 10:20 AM
    If you can use a different set of icons ( more butiful or creative) , the theme would look much better.

Thank you for sharing FOC.
    Thank you for the comments and your interest in this theme.
    My focus is still on functionality. I might switch to graphics/icons later, but the OEM OS6 icon set are fine for me.

Thanks again. Keep watching this thread as I will get more updates into this once I have sorted out the Composer challenges.
    m.seif likes this.
    01-26-11 10:29 AM
    cant say enough about this theme, is perfect as is for me, simple fast and wall friendly and great size clock, ty for sharing this theme
    Thanks again for your kind words, Susan. Yup, that's the idea .... "simple, fast and wall friendly".

There are lots of themes out there which has some crazy ideas and unnecessary animation and funky stuff which in my opinion is nice to look at and might be attractive to some people. (some theme are pretty expensive for a generic OEM OS6 theme with only new icon set but no change in functionality at all)

For me ... functionality is certainly over prettiness. But that just me.

Thanks.
    01-26-11 10:34 AM
    Tried the new version out. Still great. However, the bottom background for the icons doesn't go all the way to the top of the icons so what backgrounds are still not good to use with this theme, still can't see the names of the themes. Maybe stretch that gray from the notification bar all the way to the icons? Also, is there any way to make the notifications at the bottom into hotspots?
    I believe a few more tweaking, some icons, and this will be the best simple theme for the Torch. Maybe once themebuilder updates the landscape wallpaper can be fixed to use a user designated wallpaper? And also let the landscape icons be user set?
    All in all great work again, can't wait to see what else you come up with!

01-26-11 11:19 AM
199 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD