Here is my question. I recently installed Mr. Number CallBlock to my Sprint Bold 9650. Since I installed it, I get a few blocked texts a day from Unknown Private or Blocked numbers. I wasn't getting any texts from these numbers before I started using the app. I was wondering if the app itself, sends spam or blocked texts to your phone, to make it look like the app is doing what it should be. Anyone know, or use this app? It definitely works, and has blocked specific numbers for me, but I was just curious if anyone else gets blocked texts from private/blocked numbers? Thank you.
    01-25-11 10:40 AM
    I've been using this app since September. As far as I know, this app just blocks numbers that I have assigned it. There are settings for the app to block types of numbers or even partial numbers, so double check those settings. The only problem I'm having with the app so far (I believe it's because of the app, since others with OS 6 have not complained) is that when the phone rings, a lot of times my caller ID doesn't show up for several rings so I don't know who's calling me until it's too late half the time. I know there's a setting to use your WiFI (for CDMA) or 3G connection to look up callers that aren't in your phonebook, but I have that checked off.
    01-25-11 10:59 AM
    I am using the free version. I chose a few numbers from my contact list to block, All private/blocked numbers, Suspected Spam. I have it selected to pick up and hang up on blocked calls and block texts. I guess my question is, why would I all of a sudden be getting blocked texts from Private/Blocked numbers. They always come right around the same time as texts that I get from allowed numbers. Do you think it is some kind of glitchy thing? Do you have yours set to block texts as well?
    01-25-11 11:04 AM
    Hmm. I'm using the Pro version, and I don't see an option to block texts...Let me look into this.
    01-25-11 11:54 AM
    So, apparently, the Pro version hasn't been updated (the free version was updated in Dec.) go figure. I would think it would be the other way around, where users who paid for the app get features first. What a backwards way of doing things. I can't help you since I don't have that feature.
    01-25-11 11:59 AM
    No problem man, and thank you for even checking in to it. Maybe since it is free, they are sending BS texts to my phone to make it look like it is actually doing what it is supposed to. Like how you have to pay for some apps to have the ad free version. Maybe I am wrong altogether, but it is odd to me that 1. Out of nowhere I am getting texts from private numbers, and 2. I don't think I have ever in my life received a text from a blocked or private number. Thoughts? Has anyone ever received a text messaged from a private caller or blocked number?
    01-25-11 12:28 PM
    Thanks for using Mr. Number. We owe both of you an apology.

We're working on a major upgrade to Mr. Number and at some point we had to freeze development on existing apps pending that release. That's why Mr. Number Pro doesn't have the text blocking feature. We will catch you up, we promise.

You do get text messages from blocked numbers, but you never knew about it until you installed Mr. Number - and neither did we. They are a form of network or system message. Our app doesn't interfere with them, because they would never have made it into your inbox anyway, but if you block 'all private/restricted' we tell you about those texts too. That bug is fixed in the next release.
    01-25-11 12:41 PM
    Mr. Number CallBlock is awesome and it works great! I've had no issues!
    01-25-11 12:47 PM
    AWESOME!!! Thank you for this response, because I was really scratching my head, ha. Gotta love BB Forums!!!
    01-25-11 12:47 PM
    Looks like the response on the forum is much faster than submitting an email. Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to an updated version. I really do enjoy the interface.

Not to hijack the thread (but since the original issue is resolved) I have two problems with Mr Number. First, when I hold my BB button down, and I see my apps, it shows Mr Number and Mr Number Pro. Why are there 2 instances? If I click on either one, the Mr Number disappears from the list, and the Mr Number Pro stays. Secondly, even with the option to show caller ID from people not in the phone book turned OFF, I still have a delay on my caller ID (even for people in my address book) almost to the point that the phone call goes to VM before I get to see who's calling. I can't seem to recall it happening before, but maybe after I did my last OS 6 Sprint Official upgrade. Thanks.
    01-25-11 01:23 PM
    Two icons: another little bug, fixed for Mr. Number Call Block but not for Mr. Number Caller ID or Mr. Number Pro (because we froze development).

The background service that checks for unknown numbers and calls from blacklisted numbers is one process on your BlackBerry, the UI that you use to manage the app is another. Each gets an icon in the task switcher unless the developer remembers to suppress the icon for the background service.

Delayed Caller ID: if I understand you correctly, you've turned our Caller ID feature off, but the native Caller ID feature, i.e. the process that checks incoming numbers against your address book, is really slow? We have not heard that complaint from anyone else and I don't have an answer for you. A lot of things could be slowing down your phone including another third party app, a large contact list full of dupes, or a botched carrier upgrade. Try a hard reset - it cures all ills.
    01-25-11 02:57 PM
    Once again, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try and troubleshoot the problem on my end (since as you stated I haven't heard others complain about it). I've tried several resets to no avail. There is a possibility that it is OS related since I don't recall it happening before I upgraded.
    01-25-11 03:39 PM
    I recently installed this app on my Curve 8530 and I have had about two hundred blocked sms messages, I get a message telling me this every two minutes exactly. I know that this is not correct, and when I removed the app from the phone I still got the messages saying had blocked sms msgs from a blocked number but the msgs are blank. So now I'm going to just wipe my phone to hopefully get rid of the app completely. What a pain!!
    01-31-11 01:58 AM
    I am having the same problem as bbcurve43....not willing to wipe my phone.
    01-31-11 03:08 PM
    I just installed this app., and one of the numbers I blocked both phone calls & texts from was able to get through via text. The phone part was blocked just fine, but the text came through. I did get an email from the app though that they blocked a text from that person.
    02-02-11 08:18 PM
    I use this app and haven't experienced this issue. Strange for sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 08:28 PM
    The 'text from blocked number' issue has been fixed in the most recent version of Mr. Number Call Block and Caller ID, so please download that.

There's no way that our app can go on blocking texts or calls after you delete it. You may have moved or hidden the icon but not deleted the app.

If Mr. Number is blocking calls but not blocking texts, there are two possibilities.

One is that you are using a third-party SMS app like Crunch. To avoid duplicating texts in your Crunch inbox and main inbox, they delete texts from your main inbox. But we can't see or touch their inbox; we report that the text was blocked but their app still has a copy. The only solution is to delete Crunch, sorry.

The other possibility is that the technique we're using doesn't work on your BlackBerry device. Blocking texts is tough: that's why Mr. Number is the only call blocking app in the market today that blocks texts as well. It works on all devices that we have tested but we cannot test them all.

Finally, if you were using Mr. Number Professional, please note that we have retired that app. We now offer Caller ID as an optional feature within Mr. Number Call Block.

Thanks everyone for using Mr. Number!
    02-09-11 09:47 AM
    Thanks for that info, Mr. Number. I'm loving the app on my BlackBerry and plan to get it again when I get Android next week!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 11:32 AM
    If you block a number with the new version it will show as a missed call when they call. The previous version didn't do this, anyway to get the old version back?
    02-10-11 10:52 PM
    Im using mr number call block & I have a question. I have it set to send callers to voicemail when I get a call it makes a "dun dun dun" noise & then sends the call to voicemail is there a way to turn off that noise? I mean the whole point of blocking a call & sending it straight to voicemail is not to be annoyed by the noise of your phone ringing. I have someone who i blocked who calls me several times in the middle of the night & that noise is really irritating which is the reason I wanted a call blocking app in the first place & btw I a using the free version.
    02-12-11 08:06 AM
    I have a major issue..

I installed it a few hours ago, I got a call which i chose to accept and the phone just froze, I took out the battery and it is taking forever to turn back on, all i see is the boostmobile icon for the last hour, any ideas?
    04-13-11 11:59 AM
    I just installed this app., and one of the numbers I blocked both phone calls & texts from was able to get through via text. The phone part was blocked just fine, but the text came through. I did get an email from the app though that they blocked a text from that person.
    Same here with the free version. Texts just go through, however, they appear in the history as "blocked". I downloaded the app from AppWorld, set the permissions to everything allowed, restarted the device, tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, hard resetting as well, but i still get text messages from blocked numbers. I have Bold 9780.
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Willi Studer; 09-27-11 at 05:28 AM.
    09-27-11 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD