Will Rogers offer the Playbook when it is released? It would be nice to see a data sharing plan with blackberry users!
    01-24-11 10:42 PM
    Will Rogers offer the Playbook when it is released? It would be nice to see a data sharing plan with blackberry users!
    I am very much hoping they don't offer a plan.

they offer a $15 data share plan now for devices with their own radio, so you can pay an extra $15 and share your 6GB plan with a Galaxy TAB and another phone.

I am hoping to keep my plan the same and use my playbook.
    01-25-11 04:56 AM
    I dont know if they will be launching 3G models at launch, and if they are just launching WiFi models there will be no need for a PB Plan, but just a modification to your current plan to adapt to the 'Bridge'

And yes, Rogers usually gets the releases in Canada, but I think RIM would be smart and let everyone sell it on the first day if its a WiFi model
    01-25-11 07:22 AM
    Is there anyway for me to get a ipod touch running off my torch via bluetooth/wifi??? Im not crazy about the idea of swapping my sim + an adaptor i like my BB to be always connected. Currently on 6Gig plan, i signed up when the first launched the offer a few years ago.
    thx
    01-25-11 08:31 AM
    01-25-11 08:34 AM
    Frankly, I'll only consider the Playbook if its sold 'a la carte' by RIM - no wireless provider Plan required at purchase.

Oh and at a reasonable price. What's reasonable? Well, the iPad (wi-fi only and wireless enabled) and Tab (wireless) are about - IMHO - $200-300 too dear for what are essentially content delivery devices.
    01-25-11 09:34 AM
    Frankly, I'll only consider the Playbook if its sold 'a la carte' by RIM - no wireless provider Plan required at purchase.

Oh and at a reasonable price. What's reasonable? Well, the iPad (wi-fi only and wireless enabled) and Tab (wireless) are about - IMHO - $200-300 too dear for what are essentially content delivery devices.
    HOW do you get $200-$300 as reasonably priced?
    a 7" DVD player with low rez NON touch screen no internal storage and no radio goes for near $100, each component gets a little more expensive.

I expect to pay for the 64GB version and figure I'll be paying 700ish for it.
    01-25-11 10:39 AM
    Is there anyway for me to get a ipod touch running off my torch via bluetooth/wifi??? Im not crazy about the idea of swapping my sim + an adaptor i like my BB to be always connected. Currently on 6Gig plan, i signed up when the first launched the offer a few years ago.
    thx
    I don't believe there is a way to data share over BT with Apple devices so you are SOL,

with the Playbook you wont be swapping anything. it will all be wireless through the BT connection
    01-25-11 10:40 AM
    ^If the Torch gets updated to 6.1, you may be able to share wifi with the Touch with the new mobile hotspot feature...its about time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD