my battery is draining very quickly, the phone went dead last night charged it up till full, used it for an hour or so before going to bed, listen to some music this morning and the battery is already down to half, i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what the soultion is for it?. i'm trying a physical battery pull as i'm typeing. i'm running Official T-mobile OS 6.0.0.359
    Last edited by harjeevd; 01-24-11 at 04:49 AM.
    01-24-11 04:43 AM
    What software have you installed on your device. What do you have running in the background. Software like Facebook, etc continuously polls the server and will use a lot of power.

Did you device always use this much power of just suddenly?
    01-24-11 05:24 AM
    I haave facebook twiitter and berrybuzzz running all the time, the problme. Has asrien suddlenly. It start about a week ago

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 10:38 AM
    Did it start right after installing some software?

Try removing your third party software and see if that help.

You can also try another battery and last I would try installing a new OS.

I am betting that one of your "social networking" programs are eating up your battery. Perhaps you could set where they do not poll for messages so often.
    01-24-11 11:05 AM
    i have the lastest OS, thanks for the advice! i shall try removeing some apps and see what the results are
    01-24-11 11:26 AM
    I had this problem too, but it improved once i changed the refresh times on Facebook, Twitter, and BeWeather
    01-24-11 11:57 AM
    what did you change the setting to for fb and twitter?
    01-24-11 05:28 PM
    I thought FB and Twitter was pushed through BIS or something? Aren't they made by RIM?
    01-25-11 01:07 AM
    You have the option to set them to refresh. When in the app press the blackberry button and scroll down to options. You can change it from there.
    01-25-11 01:42 AM
    I thought FB and Twitter was pushed through BIS or something? Aren't they made by RIM?
    RIM wishes that Facebook and Twitter were theirs!
    01-25-11 06:42 AM
    Did you do 'switch device' and settings etc over from a previous os5 phone?

01-25-11 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD