New Crackberry user here, on my first device. So the large organization with which I work recently approved me to get the 9800. I'm wondering if it would be reasoanble for me to contact IT and tell them that I'm not crazy about the phone and would like to change to the 9780. I tried the Bold's keyboard and I really love the feeling of the keys, and the fact that its a smaller phone.

Would this be unreasonable of me to do, and would it be something an IT dept would entertain? They get the phones from some store with which they have an account... Maybe I could just contact the store directly since I have the invoice? I've had it almost two weeks now.

TIA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 04:39 PM
    Your request sounds reasonable, I'd contact your IT Dept for instructions, as I'm sure they'd wamt to handle changing over to a new device on their end.

01-23-11 04:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll see what they say - I'm so torn between the 9800 and 9780. The 9800 is my first BB and it's pretty good, love the camera, but I feel like the battery life, bulk, and the flat keyboard are detracting from the BB experience that I was looking forward to.

We'll see what IT says they can do!

01-24-11 07:34 AM
    Your company would be charged a fee for switching the device prior to your contract term.
    01-24-11 10:10 AM
    I hear you there, I had the Torch and returned it for the 9780, you can't beat the 9780's keyboard, battery life, and perfect size.
    01-24-11 10:28 AM
    I hear you there, I had the Torch and returned it for the 9780, you can't beat the 9780's keyboard, battery life, and perfect size.
    That's all subjective.
    I like the Torch keyboard (all 3 of them), the battery can last 2 days and the size is perfect...for me.
    01-24-11 10:33 AM
    If they have not already pulled the trigger for getting you a torch i think the request is reasonable. If ur IT dept has been handling BB's for long they would have definitely had similar requests before
    01-24-11 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD