I have a form-fitting Acase superlaggera silver case on my iphone which I bought from Amazon for under $10 and is actually nice. You cannot tell that there is even a case on my phone and it looks very industrial. I am going to get a screen protector (I want to go to the mall and have them put it on for me rather than doing it myself so there are absolutely no bubbles).

However, I feel that my phone needs more protection when it is in my purse. I would like a nice looking case that will fit my iphone with the Acase on it. I think there is a Sena case that fits iphones with bumpers but would that be too big? Plus, that Sena did not come in enough color choices.
    01-23-11 07:33 AM
    This is what I used on my iPhone.

iPhone 4 Barely There Cases by Case-Mate

I've never used a screen protector. On my iPhone 4 I used to take a key to my
    screen and try to scratch it and it wouldn't scratch. Same thing on my Droid X.
    These things are made of gorilla glass.
    Teek likes this.
    01-23-11 01:00 PM
    We have Invisishield on front and back of our phones. I use a Commuter and my wife uses the Defender. Either would be great for toting in a purse.

Have Best Buy put the protector on. Perfect install.
    01-23-11 03:15 PM
    I'm a HUGE fan of the Otterbox Commuter series. It offers super protection with great looks and no interference of operation. Check out the red outer with black silicone for the iP4...it's freaking HOT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 08:20 AM
    This is the one I want to get for my wife for her Verizon iPhone, assuming they make this one for that iteration of the phone.....

01-24-11 10:30 AM
    I love Sedio cases.. I work in construction and their "Rugged" case is great!
    01-25-11 04:39 AM
    This is the one I want to get for my wife for her Verizon iPhone, assuming they make this one for that iteration of the phone.....

Form versus function question.......

I think I am also considering an Otter Commuter for my wife's VZW iPhone. Assuming they make the same color combinations, I would consider something like this Purple Plastic/White Silicone:

My questions are these:

1) Anyone else have an Otter with White silicone? If so, how dirty does it get?

2) I have a Commuter for my Bold 9650 and love it. How is the iPhone 4 Commuter? How much does it bulk up the phone? Etc.

3) Anyone try both the Speck series cases and the Otter Commuter?

I want something for my wife that not only has some nice style that fits her personality but also has some decent, but not overbearing protection. Needs to protect mostly against the "toss in the purse" kind of movement (will also get some form of screen protector).

I have seen a friend's iPhone with the Otter Defender (with built in Screen prot), and I find that to be WAY too much material.
    01-25-11 07:43 AM
    My daughter has that exact case, it does not get dirty.

Commuter does not bulk up the phone much at all. Still good protection.

Do not have experiene with Speck cases.

The Commuter is all you need.
    01-25-11 11:34 AM
    This is what I used on my iPhone.

iPhone 4 Barely There Cases by Case-Mate

I've never used a screen protector. On my iPhone 4 I used to take a key to my
    screen and try to scratch it and it wouldn't scratch. Same thing on my Droid X.
    These things are made of gorilla glass.
    +1 on the Barely-There. It was my favorite case for my Bold 9700 and the one I keep going back to on my iPhone 4. I have trouble getting to the edge of the screen with the ones that wrap around the front.
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 01-25-11 at 11:49 AM.
    01-25-11 11:45 AM
    I love the Commuter case. Bought it when I got the i4.
    01-25-11 12:01 PM
    Cool. Thanks for the thoughts. I think either would work well for my wife. I guess it all depends on if any of these cases from the AT&T version will work with the VZW as I think one button has moved, right?

I've had good CS with Otter so maybe that's the way I/we go......
    01-25-11 12:19 PM
    +1 on the barely there cases. I got mine for $10 + $5 shipping at TIPB.com. They are $15 off right now.
    01-26-11 09:43 AM
    i use this one from zerochrome.. i like it check it out on their website..
    they have it for the 3g/gs and iphone 4.. also ipad etc..
    01-26-11 05:03 PM
    I like the rubber cases. Although it also bothers me that wraps too far to the edge of the screen, since it's rubber, i pull away with it with my finger , while moving the app icons etc. So it's no problem. I got mine in Staples, came with a screen protector also, which isn't one of those hard-to-put-on stuff, nothing fancy and I thought of removing it but since it feels like it's not even there (it's not one of those anti-glare screens) so it doesn't bother me much.

here it is: (Staples carries them)
    iPhone Accessories, iPhone Cases, iPod Accessories & Cases: XtremeMac

Stupid radioshack guy was telling me about "scratching the screen in my pocket" until I told him, nahh...trust me, it won't scratch, it's not made of plastic like most of the cheap phones out there.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 01-26-11 at 06:59 PM.
    01-26-11 06:56 PM
    The Case Mate Jett

iPhone 4 Jett Metal Case by Case-mate

Last edited by JD914; 01-26-11 at 09:30 PM.
    01-26-11 09:25 PM
    Was thinking more about the Speck and Otter case (Commuter) for my wife's iPhone. I am thinking the exisiting Speck is more likely to work with the VZW iPhone 4 as it has the open slot for the volume and mute buttons. But the Otter cases have silicone that goes over the button. Much less likely to work well.

We'll see. Perhaps both Mfrs. will have cases ready at launch........
    01-28-11 09:00 AM
    I have the Apple bumper on my iPhone4. It fits nicely into my BB9000 holster.
    01-28-11 09:48 AM
    I've tried quite a few cases, and I always tend to go back to the Speck CandyShell or my Otterbox Defender (iPhone 4)...
    01-29-11 09:22 AM
    Incase snap on.
    01-29-11 10:04 AM

I have this exact case and it serves me very well. However, I also pair it with a Golla pouch. I just don't trust the full screen to anything so when I go out I often throw the whole thing into the Golla pouch and throw that into my handbag just for an added layer of protection. However, the Speck thing is awesome. I opted for this Speck case vs the hard candy shell one seeing as every review for those mentioned how quickly they looked all scuffed and scratched up the minute you put them on. This thing? No way since it's fabric. For a woman, you just cannot beat it's style and the function is absolutely perfect! Great case. No regrets in buying it AT ALL! A +++++
    01-29-11 01:01 PM
    Cool. Thanks for your thoughts. And purple is my wife's favorite color too. I wonder if the current case will work with the VZW phone. I knoe the case has the open slot for the volume and mute buttons, but I just don't know how much clearance there is with the VZW buttons having been moved slightly down.

I guess what I can do, if the cases are not ready at lauch, is on the 10th, I'll be downtown in Boston. I can go into the store and see with the in-store phones. And I can pick up a screen protector for her too.

Thanks again!
    01-29-11 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD