I just saw on twitter via bbleaks that this should be ready soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 09:27 PM
    Soon, being what? Two days, weeks or even months being Verizon is now more concerned with the iPhone.
    01-22-11 09:37 PM
    there's also this thread on it
    New Leak
    Agreed Jimi, I think the OS release will be on the backburner for the iPhone. That really does suck for the people that are really looking forward to an official VzW OS6, that's IF this leak is meant for VzW.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-22-11 at 10:20 PM.
    01-22-11 09:40 PM
    Nobody said anything about Verizon, and knowing n4bb it could easily be leaked instead of official. Not that either of those things matter to me
    01-22-11 09:40 PM
    Nobody said anything about Verizon, and knowing n4bb it could easily be leaked instead of official. Not that either of those things matter to me
    your right skyboxer, I was just speculating that this leak could wind up for VzW. ??? Who knows.

01-22-11 10:19 PM
    your right skyboxer, I was just speculating that this leak could wind up for VzW. ??? Who knows.

Well that's a logical speculation, especially if VZW is sitting on a perfectly good OS so to not overload their support people during the iPhail launch. Actually it seems likely since the other thread was talking about added PTT files.

I was kind of hoping for a leak or official from a smaller carrier, which would leave more speculating time about the VZW future release. I miss that about GSM. So many carriers, the most recent OS might be from JoeBob cellular or whatever.
    01-22-11 10:28 PM

Looks like it is a VZW leak. Copied from the waiting room thread.

Comparison:
    Different platform/radio
    Files in 415: 887
    Files in 431: 891
    The difference: Verizon PTT files
    I'll make my same disclaimer that I have made elsewhere regarding when vzw will release an official:

VZW is now all about I-Trash and Droid, BB has gone to the backburner. I think it will take them 6 to 18 months to deal with the fallout from the I-Trash release. Until then, I fear they will be too busy to deal with or worry about the Blackberry users on their network.

Not that I am threatning to leave vzw; however, I think that if they don't begin to pay attention to the berrys on their network they will loose a fair number of berry users to other networks where they feel they can get better support from the carrier.

I think that vzw execs think that most if not all berry users will convert to Droid or I-Trash rather than leave their network. I believe they may be saddly mistaken, there are lots of die-hard berry users out there. Time will tell
    I'll make my same disclaimer that I have made elsewhere regarding when vzw will release an official:

VZW is now all about I-Trash and Droid, BB has gone to the backburner. I think it will take them 6 to 18 months to deal with the fallout from the I-Trash release. Until then, I fear they will be too busy to deal with or worry about the Blackberry users on their network.

Not that I am threatning to leave vzw; however, I think that if they don't begin to pay attention to the berrys on their network they will loose a fair number of berry users to other networks where they feel they can get better support from the carrier.

I think that vzw execs think that most if not all berry users will convert to Droid or I-Trash rather than leave their network. I believe they may be saddly mistaken, there are lots of die-hard berry users out there. Time will tell
    Right now AT&T provides very little in the way of support for the iPhone. The majority of issues are either handled directly by Apple (but the customer calling Apple Care or walking into their local Apple retail store) or turfed to Apple by AT&T support rather quickly (i just came off AT&T w/ an iPhone 4 and noticed this myself). I can only assume that the very same will occur on Verizon.

Verizon merely offers the network service, everything else is largely (if not totally) controlled by Cupertino.

I guess my point is that i don't see the iPhone creating a huge issue as far as their ability to support existing product lines is concerned.

As far as android, i have to agree 100%.
    01-22-11 10:36 PM

I agree with you. I hope that Big Red doesn't find itself hopelessly behind the eight ball with the iPhone. Whether by design or sheer luck, I want to believe that they are ready for the onslaught, and that the've adequately prepared so they can support the remainder of their customers, the vast majority of whom are not even considering the iPhone.

I am fortunate in that I don't have much use for their BB support. I get most of that here. Most BB users, though, don't know about this forum or have the confidence to do most of the support work themselves. I just use VZW for hardware problems.
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-22-11 at 11:59 PM.
    01-22-11 11:53 PM
    IT just did! Check it out!

Leaked: BlackBerry 9650 OS 6.0.0.431 | GizmoFusion

01-23-11 12:55 AM
    Hallelujah!
    01-23-11 01:20 AM
    6.0.0.431 just leaked. I'm downloading now.
    01-23-11 01:29 AM
    seems to boot faster, may be just an illusion or the late hour
    01-23-11 02:17 AM
    so this is for Verizon?what weve been waiting for?
    01-23-11 02:49 AM
    so this is for Verizon?what weve been waiting for?
    This is not the official VZW that everyone has been waiting for. This is a leak of the version that VZW should have reseased.
    01-23-11 05:21 AM
    Does it still only have the today theme? I won't upgrade if it has only one theme.
    01-23-11 07:25 AM
    See what happens when you go to bed early?
    Santa arrives!!!!
    Loading now!
    01-23-11 07:31 AM
    Well I stand corrected... I think not think it would drop that quickly from first notice yesterday afternoon.
    01-23-11 08:43 AM
    Any noticeable changes or improvements from .415? Trying to decide whether or not to install.
    01-23-11 09:36 AM
    Downloading it now... will share the result after finished installation...
    01-23-11 10:03 AM
    Any noticeable changes or improvements from .415? Trying to decide whether or not to install.
    For me, it boots faster, is smoother, runs a little quicker, or rather more responsive than 415. Of course, I haven't been running straight 415 because I didn't like it. I had been running NLG's hybrid.

There is more memory after install. Including my 25 apps, I still have 304MB free. It seems to find my media card faster; indexes it faster. Browser is still god awful slow and painfully at that. I use Bolt and that sings.
    01-23-11 10:14 AM
    So skype is ONLY for verizon Berrys in the US. Do you know if putting the 433 on Sprint BB would enable me to put skype on it ? Im not using the Berry in the US anyways, im using an international SIM card abroad, so Skype PLUS Wifi would be a very sexy combo for me
    01-23-11 10:22 AM
    how does it compare to .975
    01-23-11 10:26 AM
    Do I load this over top of fresh install .415?
    01-23-11 10:33 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD