A friend of mine (droid x user), told me that my torch was "old technology" lol. I thought about it and compared the two phones and I am very sure that my BB can do just about everything a droid can do. What do you guys think about this comment? I thought it was pretty ridiculous myself, got a good laugh. Just curious to see what you all think!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 08:58 AM
    All technology is "old" once it leaves the factory.

rrrebo likes this.
    01-22-11 09:07 AM
    I think your friend was trying to elicit a response from you is all. That usually happens when some one knows they made a mistake in their choice and feel they need to try and prove their mousetrap is better or more advanced.

It's simply jealousy, nothing more, nothing less.
    01-22-11 09:08 AM
    Here we go! Ding,ding,ding!!!

01-22-11 09:09 AM
    All you had to say was dread x, and it appears someone wishes the torch was on the little red. Ah, it feels good to be lucky (and smarter).

01-22-11 09:17 AM
    From a "technical" standpoint..yes..it's old hardware. Does this mean it's not user friendly or a "good" device? No.
    01-22-11 09:19 AM
    It actually IS "old technology" as far as hardware specs go, but that really means nothing as long as you are happy with your device and it does what you want/need it to do to your satisfaction.

I've tried a supposedly superior droid device and was not at all impressed with it. Definitely gave me no reason to switch from my BlackBerry.
    01-22-11 09:26 AM
    It actually IS "old technology" as far as hardware specs go, but that really means nothing as long as you are happy with your device and it does what you want/need it to do to your satisfaction.

I've tried a supposedly superior droid device and was not at all impressed with it. Definitely gave me no reason to switch from my BlackBerry.
    Same here, I wasn't all that impressed with the droid either. It was a little too glitchy for my liking and it was heavy as all ****. Funny thing is she brought up the app argument. Lol what's the sense of having thousands of apps when I only use like ten? Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think the whole droid movement is pop culture. Just like the iphone, its newer so it has to be better, right? I think not!

01-22-11 10:03 AM
    When it comes to hardware, everything about the Torch was on other phones 2-3 years ago. It's very, very dated.

Software's another story.
    01-22-11 03:07 PM
    I love my BlackBerry as much as the next "user and abuser", but it's kind of true that the BlackBerry is old technology.

How much is different from our 2010 BlackBerries from a 2008?
    Same processor, same screen(recycled from Storm), basically the same OS with some nice improvements(which I don't have much of a prob with the OS)

01-22-11 03:32 PM
    Technically it is "old" hardware. Anyting leaving the manufacturing plant is "old" by time it is released.

The better question would be, Does it make you happy? if you answered yes, who cares what technology it has in it, old or new.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    01-22-11 04:46 PM
    A friend of mine (droid x user), told me that my torch was "old technology" lol. I thought about it and compared the two phones and I am very sure that my BB can do just about everything a droid can do. What do you guys think about this comment? I thought it was pretty ridiculous myself, got a good laugh. Just curious to see what you all think!

Of course your friend is right, "your" Torch is old technology, mine's not.
    01-22-11 04:56 PM
    your friend knows "stuff". you should listen to him more often.
    01-22-11 04:59 PM
    its reeally old, ancient dark technology left to us by the gods that deserted the earth 4 billion years ago, be afraid, be very afraid, dirty bit purururum pumpum puruurum
    01-22-11 06:48 PM
    Yes, it could be called "old technology". I prefer to think of it as reliable, comfortable, familiar, and it has everything I want in a device. There are thousands of apps available but I only have about a dozen I regularly use. Nothing wrong with the droid. It is a great concept which should be very successful. I will stay with my Blackberry.
    01-22-11 07:49 PM

you didnt think long enough then lol
    01-22-11 08:04 PM
    its reeally old, ancient dark technology left to us by the gods that deserted the earth 4 billion years ago, be afraid, be very afraid, dirty bit purururum pumpum puruurum
    The Devil: sponsoring all the fun **** since the world was created 10,000,000 years ago.
    01-22-11 08:18 PM
    The torch is built on a very reliable platform and does what's its supposed to quickly and efficiently. It may not be the most powerful device on the market, but it can last a day on a charge and has blackberry reliability built in.

01-22-11 08:29 PM
    He happens to be right and I agree. I switched from a blackberry 9700 to an iphone 4 and I can say hardware wise the torch and bold and all blackberrys in general are a good deal behind. That being said, I pick up my 9700 every morning and consider switching back. The only reason I don't is my mobileme keeps my laptop iphone and ipad perfectly in sync. And things is a necessity. But the blackberry, with its old hardware can keep up just the same. Personally I'd argue even though its older the fact that it still competes and is a top device means it is superior.

Regardless...its your device if you are happy with an 8703 who really cares if its old.

01-22-11 11:44 PM
    When people say Blackberries are outdated. I would ask, "for you or for me"?
    My Torch does everything I need it to do. I buy a phone for my needs, not for others. If Android users thinks their OS is more current, then let them believe that. Their lousy battery life is nothing to be proud of. Blackberry simplfiy things for us without having to download a gazillions apps. Can you say the same for Android and the iPhone? More doesn't mean better. Having said that, every phone that's currently out right now is outdated. That's TECHNOLOGY for ya.
    01-23-11 01:02 AM
    My 9800 is my full time business line. Rock solid dependable phone, text and e-mail!

Get that **** out of a rotten Apple or a dead droid!
    01-23-11 02:10 AM
    Your friend is old. She was built on the same "technology" existed thousand years ago. Does it render her obsolete? If she still acts like a cavewoman, then yes.
    01-23-11 02:25 AM
    Hey, as long as my BlackBerry continues to make me happy, I don't give a hoot if it's old or not.

01-23-11 05:09 AM
    New doesn't necessarily mean better.
    01-23-11 07:11 AM
    As long as someone doesn't try to convince me that Vista is better than it's predecessors just because it's "newer" . There's a big difference between newer and better. OS5 on a Bold 9700 is hardly a fail just because there's something newer out there. Some things just work.
    01-23-11 08:18 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD