Hi All,
    I have a unlokced AT&T branded Bold 9000. I do not have a BlackBerry Data plan. Currently it is running OS 4.6. I tried the guide of Ahmed G to upgrade but when i run the loader as administrator it doesnt recegnize or detect the phone.

I downloaded this firmware as it is the carrier im using.
    9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.68 1_Dialog_Sri_Lanka

Your help is highly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.
    01-22-11 08:53 AM
    There is a BIS check before the install, I'm not aware of a way round it with desktop manager.
    miaharun likes this.
    01-22-11 08:58 PM
    Thanks guys. That did work indeed. I need to know of the latest OS. Currently i have 681. And where to download.
    01-22-11 10:42 PM
    The latest official os is 5.0.0.1049 from Telefonica Spain.

http://m.crackberry.com/official-os-...lefonica-spain

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 03:24 AM
    (DISCLAIMER: Please do not try any of this if you don't understand how to do it. This will wipe your Blackberry smartphone. Once you wipe your Blackberry smartphone, all data will be gone from your phone.)

I myself don't have a data plan either. When I update mine, I:

1) Backup the device using Device Manager. Close Device Manager and safely disconnect the Blackberry smartphone from the computer
    2) Uninstall any device software on your computer
    3) Download and install the device software I want to update it to
    4) Make sure the vendor.xml file is deleted
    [Located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader]

5) Then wipe the device using jl_cmdr
    [If you don't know how to use it goto (Thanks CX):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/]

6) After the phone reboots giving you the 507 or pic that says it is empty, I then connect the Blackberry smartphone, and after it recognizes it, run loader.exe

This way, the computer/phone is forced to put an OS on the phone and the only thing it can give it is the one OS you want to put on it.

After it finishes installing, restore your backup, via Device Manager, and you should be fine. I hope this helps...
    Last edited by raskal1130; 01-23-11 at 01:42 PM.
    01-23-11 01:24 PM
    shrinking ur os is also a very good idea, it frees up alot of memory there is a "how to" video on you tube u would have to download the software to do it tho. the vid will tell what to do
    01-24-11 09:54 AM
    I had loads of problems with it telling me i had no memory to upgrade. I only bought the phone (second hand) a couple of days ago, so i was about 2 versions behind with the desktop manager. Downloaded new version of that from the BB website and all is well
    01-25-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD