I'm sorry to post another thread in regards to connecting the Torch to a car BT module, but it has become an annoyance and I cannot find a similar problem. I can manually connect my Torch to the car system, but it can not get it to connect automatically to the BT. The strange part is that even if my phone has not connected, when I turn off the BT connection on the phone itself (turning off BT on the phone, not disconnecting from the device) it says it has disconnected from my BT device.

I don't know if it is the AVH-4200DVD's problem, the CD-BTB200's problem, or the Torch's. I have set it to be discoverable, the device trusted, encryption both on and off, and set the phone and head unit to auto connect.

I sit and watch the 4200 search and find no phone, while the BT in the phone is on and discoverable, and has been connected before. Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.
    01-21-11 02:05 PM
    I also had this problem: Make sure you delete the previous "pairing" from both the phone and the car and start from scratch. It worked wonders from me.
    good luck
    01-21-11 03:13 PM
    Brother I agree with deleteing that connection and start again. The sync in my 2010 mustang will connect automatic to my Torch. Is your device able to auto connect?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 03:59 PM
    Sorry for not responding to you guys, my phone had been auto connecting to my bluetooth headset but not my car's. I finally solved the problem by fixing the wiring in the bluetooth adaptar in my car to sent power continually, instead of only while the car was running. This prevented my phone from not being remembered by the car adaptar. Thanks for the help though.
    06-19-11 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD