Today, I am beyond pissed off at RIM's service. I've been trying to send messages via BBM and most of them don't send. I reset the phone, called tech support, did *228, got service books (their idea) and BBM messages keep failing. SMS works fine. This just makes me want that Bionic phone all the more. I am so DONE with BB's BS. I NEED a phone that WORKS. I especially need one that has a RELIABLE messaging service. BBM SUCKS big time, if it isn't consistent. tech support said there are no outtages. Just random BAD SERVICE, obviously. damn, damn, damn.. Yes, I AM PISSED!!!!!

Did I mention I am PISSED OFF??? Well, I AM! RIM, you lost me as a customer, for sure. I'm not entertaining the thought of an S3, or ANY other BB phone.
    01-20-11 03:31 PM
    Feel better now? Having a hard time learning to dance in the rain though huh?
    01-20-11 03:35 PM
    Today, I am beyond pissed off at RIM's service. I've been trying to send messages via BBM and most of them don't send. I reset the phone, called tech support, did *228, got service books (their idea) and BBM messages keep failing. SMS works fine. This just makes me want that Bionic phone all the more. I am so DONE with BB's BS. I NEED a phone that WORKS. I especially need one that has a RELIABLE messaging service. BBM SUCKS big time, if it isn't consistent. tech support said there are no outtages. Just random BAD SERVICE, obviously. damn, damn, damn.. Yes, I AM PISSED!!!!!

Did I mention I am PISSED OFF??? Well, I AM! RIM, you lost me as a customer, for sure. I'm not entertaining the thought of an S3, or ANY other BB phone.
    Me as well, and it only appears to be one person, MY WIFE.

I got all pissed off at her cause I thought she left her phone off.
    01-20-11 03:36 PM
    Feel better now? Having a hard time learning to dance in the rain though huh?
    No., I'm still pissed. LOL! This should not be happening. the whole idea of BBM is to have a first-class messenger. I'm done dancing--I'm worn out.
    01-20-11 04:37 PM
    Me as well, and it only appears to be one person, MY WIFE.

I got all pissed off at her cause I thought she left her phone off.
    roughly 30% of the messages never went thru, today. can't even get a "check mark', much less a "d".
    01-20-11 04:39 PM
    Dave, you will be missed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 07:47 PM
    Dave, you will be missed.

thx, but I'm sure I'll be doing a little bit of posting on the CB android forum, as well as AC. Besides, I have no illusions that I've contributed enough to actually be missed.
    01-20-11 08:43 PM
    It's a little intriguing to me when people think because people change phone platforms, they're going to leave places like this. I like going back here because the people are helpful, and the environment is mainly chill.
    01-20-11 11:21 PM
    I am having the same issues with my S2 but I noticed its been like this for the past few days. Maybe this is a prelude to what the iphone will do to the VZW network.
    01-20-11 11:30 PM

I had similar issues a few months back. I just figured it was a carrier issue.

01-21-11 06:58 AM
    Once again...wrong forum. What does this have to do with Storm2??? Aside from the fact that's the model in your little holster.

Stop acting like a baby. Messages get hung up, it's not the end of the world.

Besides, I have no illusions that I've contributed enough to actually be missed.
    You won't be.
    01-21-11 07:48 AM
    It cracks me up when people expect technology to be perfect 100 percent of the time. Nothing is perfect. Go get your Bionic and enjoy the lag and 3 hour battery life. It most likely is Verizons issue, and when all the Iphone crazies get their toys their network will suffer.
    01-21-11 07:58 AM
    funny since i sent BBMs all day yesterday without any issues and i know a lot of other people did to. i'm sure there was some sort of of outage in your area and that is no way RIM's fault, but like everyone else, you just need someone to blame so you blame RIM.
    01-21-11 09:14 AM
    funny since i sent BBMs all day yesterday without any issues and i know a lot of other people did to. i'm sure there was some sort of of outage in your area and that is no way RIM's fault, but like everyone else, you just need someone to blame so you blame RIM.
    +1 I'm on VZW too, in the Northeast and had no BBM issues. This thread is a FAIL.
    01-21-11 09:22 AM

HELLO???? What part of "I was able to send SMS messages without incident", don't you understand?? IT IS RIM'S issue. Make all the excuses you want, the POINT is that traditional SMS texting worked fine, while BBM DIDN'T.
    01-21-11 09:36 AM
    +1 I'm on VZW too, in the Northeast and had no BBM issues. This thread is a FAIL.
    +1 I agree, i had no issues yesterday either.
    01-21-11 09:39 AM

HELLO???? What part of "I was able to send SMS messages without incident", don't you understand?? IT IS RIM'S issue. Make all the excuses you want, the POINT is that traditional SMS texting worked fine, while BBM DIDN'T.
    you do know when there are outages you can still send SMS messages right? but its a RIM issue because you say it is even tho just a few people were affected by this
    01-21-11 09:45 AM
    you do know when there are outages you can still send SMS messages right? but its a RIM issue because you say it is even tho just a few people were affected by this
    What part of your original post had anything to do with SMS? LOL, you're arguing with an *****.
    01-21-11 09:53 AM
    What part of your original post had anything to do with SMS? LOL, you're arguing with an *****.
    Don't you have anything constructive to say? Stop being an a$$. The original post DID mention SMS when he was relating he had no issues sending/recieving. That also goes to illistrate it wasn't a VZW issue and more likely a BIS issue. Try actually read the posts before you start spouting comments that you would NEVER have the nerve to say to someone's face. Stop being rude, go back to kindergarden and relearn how to read and interact with others. Troll.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-21-11 10:46 AM
    Don't you have anything constructive to say? Stop being an a$$. The original post DID mention SMS when he was relating he had no issues sending/recieving. That also goes to illistrate it wasn't a VZW issue and more likely a BIS issue. Try actually read the posts before you start spouting comments that you would NEVER have the nerve to say to someone's face. Stop being rude, go back to kindergarden and relearn how to read and interact with others. Troll.
    I did read the posts, so move along Junior. kc's original post is as follows: funny since i sent BBMs all day yesterday without any issues and i know a lot of other people did to. i'm sure there was some sort of of outage in your area and that is no way RIM's fault, but like everyone else, you just need someone to blame so you blame RIM.

NO MENTION OF SMS.

To which dave replies "HELLO???? What part of "I was able to send SMS messages without incident", don't you understand?? IT IS RIM'S issue. Make all the excuses you want, the POINT is that traditional SMS texting worked fine, while BBM DIDN'T."

Go back to sleep.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-21-11 at 10:52 AM.
    01-21-11 10:50 AM
    I see Dave's point...a few days ago I was getting my emails 10 to 12 hours late...multiple times I got the same emails re-sent...and SMS was wonky, to say the least. Reset multiple times, did a *228, etc., to no avail. Pissed off my gf when I didn't answer her texts. (she had a hard time believing my BB was having problems; after all, hers worked fine!). I'm by the coast, while she is the next county over, maybe it's a VZ/RIM California thing...

Will be considering android when my plan comes up for renewal late this spring...can't imagine waiting till Sept or later for an LTE-capable bb touchscreen to come out.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-21-11 11:04 AM
    I'm sorry, but I just find this post to be hilarious and ironic. You of all people on these forums always proclaim just how perfect your phone and service is and say just how crazy everyone else is...

Oh well, good luck to you Dave.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-22-11 07:20 PM
    Good luck, Dave! Enjoy the Android forum!
    01-22-11 07:35 PM
    Sorry for your trouble Dave. Dunno if you were on wifi but if not maybe connect and see if all your messages send. If so it could be an area outage with your carrier. I know I've had problems with bbm only to find out it was on verizons bis server the error was occurring.

01-22-11 08:36 PM
    VZW and/or BIS has been down in the SoCal area for the past few days at times. I've been having the same problem.

But I've had a Blackberry since the release of the first storm (over 2 years ago...) and I've only experienced BBM problems like this one other time, when there was an outage.

It happens to other phones too, its not the end of the world
    01-23-11 02:15 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD