6. Bejeweled 2 + Blitz
    7. Traffic Rush
    8. Tap Tap Revenge Classic
    9. AppBox Pro Alarm
    10. Flight Control

From BGR
    FMB8900 and Ferretling like this.
    01-20-11 05:27 AM
    Its a game machine that can make a call or send a text. Thats it - its a toy. And this is coming from a former iPhone owner
    01-20-11 05:30 AM
    Don't knock Angry Birds!!! I'll send Mighty Eagle after you!
    01-20-11 05:44 AM
    Top 10 Paid iPhone Apps of All Time

1. Doodle Jump
    2. Tap Tap Revenge 3
    3. Pocket God
    4. Angry Birds
    5. Tap Tap Revenge 2.6
    6. Bejeweled 2 + Blitz
    7. Traffic Rush
    8. Tap Tap Revenge Classic
    9. AppBox Pro Alarm
    10. Flight Control

From BGR
    What's your point?
    01-20-11 05:46 AM
    Its a game machine that can make a call or send a text. Thats it - its a toy. And this is coming from a former iPhone owner
    It's a game machine that kicks the A$$ of every phone on your little list.
    mrsadkins9399 and The Gift like this.
    01-20-11 05:47 AM
    As far as game machines go, you are correct. However, there are much more important things in life than playing games.
    01-20-11 06:09 AM
    Then why are you even on this site? You seem to have so much love for it, go buy one if you haven't already and game yourself into a frenzy with it. Some of us actually use these things for real life work, not to sit and amuse us or to try and make us look "cool" with the newest device at our fingertips.

I will never understand why people who don't like blackberry or feel the need to make posts trying to incite a reaction out of others do what they do unless it is to compensate for some other inadequacy in their shallow little lives. That's not necessarily directed at you Tucker but to the rest of the anti-blackberry, apple and android heads out there. They need to go find a hobby that doesn't make them look like an ***.
    01-20-11 06:22 AM
    I was curious about why BlackBerry users call iPhone a toy so I asked my stepdad is there were any business apps. There's a category for business and the app selection is way beyond what BlackBerry offers. My stepdad owns his own business and uses an iPhone for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 06:25 AM
    Then why are you even on this site? You seem to have so much love for it, go buy one if you haven't already and game yourself into a frenzy with it. Some of us actually use these things for real life work, not to sit and amuse us or to try and make us look "cool" with the newest device at our fingertips.

I will never understand why people who don't like blackberry or feel the need to make posts trying to incite a reaction out of others do what they do unless it is to compensate for some other inadequacy in their shallow little lives. That's not necessarily directed at you Tucker but to the rest of the anti-blackberry, apple and android heads out there. They need to go find a hobby that doesn't make them look like an ***.
    You can say the same for the OP. This is purely an anti-iPhone thread. It's posted in the General section. This site is geared toward iPhone and Android users too. In case you haven't noticed many iPhone and Android users were former BlackBerry users. There's sections for Apple and Android here. You probably need to accept that CrackBerry is now going to be half BlackBerry users and half other platforms.

01-20-11 06:28 AM

I don't have an iPhone, nor do I want one. I do, however, own SEVERAL Blackberrys (Work related of course).

I just get a kick out of the faithful when they leap at every opportunity to bash Android/iPhone. On one hand, they say that the BBOS is the best, the most stable, etc. But on the other hand, everyone is excited about QNX? I can't help but to ask why, when you have the best, most stable OS available? If that were actually true, then it seems to me that you would be upset by the change.

Everyone knows the REAL reason for the excitement but the faithful will never admit it. The REAL reason that the faithful is excited about QNX is that it better "mimmicks" what the iPhone and Android can already do. And yes, that includes BETTER GAMES.
    01-20-11 06:41 AM
    Praise you gmkahuna for speaking the truth. What I dont understand is the title of the site is called crackBERRY as in BLACKBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont understand why anyone who doesnt have a blackberry would need to be on here. If you think other devices are so superior then why do you need to know all the up and up on Blackberry. I think it may be because you just cant let go!
    01-20-11 06:59 AM
    Praise you gmkahuna for speaking the truth. What I dont understand is the title of the site is called crackBERRY as in BLACKBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont understand why anyone who doesnt have a blackberry would need to be on here. If you think other devices are so superior then why do you need to know all the up and up on Blackberry. I think it may be because you just cant let go!
    Now that you have said your peace, take of the cheerleader outfit and refute what I said.

I have a Blackberry in my hand right now, btw.
    01-20-11 07:08 AM
    This site would be dead without former BlackBerry users and users of other platforms. BlackBerry users are dwindling quickly. Why do you think there's an Apple and Android section? Why do you think the mods aren't locking threads?

01-20-11 07:09 AM
    just a shame about the signal on/off switch on the side of it eh

This site would be dead without former BlackBerry users and users of other platforms. BlackBerry users are dwindling quickly. Why do you think there's an Apple and Android section? Why do you think the mods aren't locking threads?

theres a section on tipb for non apple devices, so are their numbers dwindling too?

if RIM`s userbase is dwindling, then how comes they always sell more and more devices each quarter? that kinda refutes ur arguement.

the US is not the world, and RIM is a global company.

at the end of the day thats why theres choice, so people who dont like blackberry (or any other phone/os) dont have to buy one.

also if your saying the site would be dead if the non BB half went, well tipb has 53,000 members, AC has 99,000 users, CB has 2.8million users, so even if half went CB would still have over 14 times the users of AC. hardly dead is it
    Last edited by BBThemes; 01-20-11 at 07:32 AM.
    NobleSix and Ferretling like this.
    01-20-11 07:28 AM
    CB has 2.8million users, so even if half went CB would still have over 14 times the users of AC. hardly dead is it
    And I'll bet that no more than about 1% (if that) of those are "active" members.
    CASH and The Gift like this.
    01-20-11 07:41 AM
    Correct. Look at the Members list and you'll see how many have 0 posts. These don't get purged unless their username is "dirty." I'm just saying if you're paying attention you'll see that probably have of the active posters here are non BlackBerry users. When you hit New Posts Android and Apple forums are on par with BlackBerry posts.

The most read and hottest threads are about RIMs demise (not saying that will happen) and comparing BlackBerry to other platforms.

01-20-11 07:45 AM
    Ahhh. RIM fanboys making up for their insecurities about the BB platform's enormous shortcomings by dissing other smartphones. What's new.

Anyways, the truth is that the iOS/Android platforms matches (and in some cases surpasses) the BB in a business setting. Looking from the other side, the BB doesn't come close to matching iOS/Android platforms at their strengths.
    01-20-11 10:06 AM
    You are excactly right ! Blackberry website ! There is a android site and an iphone site. That's where they need to be.

01-20-11 10:22 AM
    Now that you have said your peace, take of the cheerleader outfit and refute what I said.

I have a Blackberry in my hand right now, btw.
    If your gonna complain so much about the Blackberry that you have in your hand then get rid of it and get you something that makes you happy.

01-20-11 10:25 AM

Well let us die in peace !! I will say the same about Blackberry users. They don't need to be on android and iphone sites bashing them. But this is a BLACKBERRY SITE !!!!!

01-20-11 10:28 AM
    This isn't exclusively a BlackBerry site. Besides that, I *have and use a BlackBerry! That's why I'm here. Yes, I'll be gone when I get my Android though.

01-20-11 10:33 AM
    This isn't exclusively a BlackBerry site. Besides that, I *have and use a BlackBerry! That's why I'm here. Yes, I'll be gone when I get my Android though.

Sure isn't only blackberry site. That's what I said go to the android or the iphone site and bash all you want. We will never care. Just don't do it on the blackberry part of the website.

01-20-11 10:38 AM
    You are excactly right ! Blackberry website ! There is a android site and an iphone site. That's where they need to be.

You've got what, 50 posts bub? Most of mine have been made after I left BB and at least half of them are from helping people with their BB issues. I help folks who PM me questions as well. Be careful who you tell to go away, next thing you know, a huge chunk of this site's active knowledge base will be gone and it'll be a ghost town.
    01-20-11 11:01 AM
    Well let us die in peace !! I will say the same about Blackberry users. They don't need to be on android and iphone sites bashing them. But this is a BLACKBERRY SITE !!!!!

I started my smartphone use here on CB when I was researching my first purchase (8330). Two years later and I don't think I will leave Crackberry even though I've temporarily left BB. I like (most) of the people here, so I've stayed, and will continue to stay until I am invited to leave by a representative of this site. I will not take anyone else up on such an invitation.

Bashing anything is a moronic activity. Games are a silly reason to bash iPhone and Android because it overlooks the fact that they really can do virtually anything BB can do given the right apps. The only thing we really can't do is BBM.

For the record, pointing out weaknesses of a device isn't necessarily bashing. Most of what I do here isn't bashing, it discusses improvements RIM should be making to their products, be it the devices or the BIS.

If you want do do that about other devices then fine, do it. Just make sure you're being factual and not just looking to slam a platform for no good reason.
    ylefrancois, john_v and The Gift like this.
    01-20-11 11:11 AM

I have to disagree with you Chrisy.

First, there is no shortage of new BlackBerry owners, roughly 55,000 net new subscribers every day.

Currently Active Users: 11101 (720 members and 10381 guests)
    There are 14 guests per member viewing CrackBerry as of this moment. Quite of few of those guests are actually 'bots scanning and indexing stuff, but the vast majority are people looking for information and help.

Why do you think the mods aren't locking threads?

Keeping a thread narrowly focused on a single topic is ideal for retrieval of search results. In practice, it goes against human nature and folks are always going off on one tangent or another. That reduces the value of the search feature while encouraging members to post a new thread specific to their problem.

That is the real value of CrackBerry, we are thrilled to be able to offer a helping hand. Individual, personalized advice and links to resources are what Web 2.0 brings to the table.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-20-11 11:16 AM
189 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD