I'm using Smartone-Vodafone in Hong Kong. I will go to the Philippines for one week next week. I want to use my BB to email there.

I know Globe and Smart have weekly prepaid BB sim plans. Can I just switch sims? Am I likely to have any issues about releasing my PIN or BIS setup?

If anyone has experience of this, please share. Thanks.
    01-20-11 01:52 AM
    As long as your blackberry is unlocked you will be fine to use our Globe or Smart prepaid sims.
    01-20-11 02:26 AM
    Prepaid BIS will work fine when abroad, but let me warn you, do not register any e-mail accounts with the prepaid BIS provider in the Philippines, otherwise your PIN will get locked to their service.
    01-20-11 09:12 PM
    @Culex, Doesn't that defeat the purpose? What if it's a weekly plan? Won't the PIN be released at the end? Cheers again.
    01-20-11 09:53 PM
    i am also planning to go to the Philippines for a holiday and wanting to know what kind of prepaid blackberry sim plans they have? mainly for data use. can you recommend anything?

i cant live without my blackberry. lol.
    03-08-11 03:16 AM
    you have to un-register your device with your current carrier. and un-register your device before you leave the philippines. globe offers bis 220php for 5 days
    03-08-11 11:29 PM

I travel to Indonesia a lot and use a prepaid BIS there through multiple carriers and I don't have to deregister any of my email accounts? This does not sound right?

Vodafone roaming rates suck, 2 weeks close to $800.00 lol.
    04-10-11 02:23 PM
    I was in the Phils fir 3months last yr, Oct til Dec, and used Globe's prepaid BIS. I didnt have to de-register from my carrier here in Australia nor did i need to de-register from Globe wheb i left. I setup all mu emails with Globe upon arrival and did the same with me carrier when i arrived back in Sydney..
    05-25-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD