I used to be able to leave my phone uncharged for 2 days straight, now it's on from 7 AM and by 9 PM it's already at 35% remaining.
    Is there anything I else I can do to extend battery life? I do not leave wi-fi home all day. Also, does anyone have an idea to the reason why this is happening?
    01-19-11 11:02 PM
    you running any new apps?
    also-- did you say wifi is on or not on all day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 11:05 PM
    ^Yes wi-fi not on all day, only app's I've gotten are games...downloaded a couple new themes and QuickPulled more often than usual but that's about it...
    01-19-11 11:11 PM
    I guy wrote just the other day that he doubled his batt life by leaving wifi on all the time. I'm assuming that it's because he's on a router for a good part of the day ( office, home, cafe etc). That would make sense since wifi data should be a lot less stressful than cellular network data on our phones. Obviously, you can scratch that whole theory if you have no wifi access most of the day.
    Personally, my wifi never turns off and I get amazing batt time. Not 9700 level but very good.

ps. I just noticed u said Ur quickpulling alot more than usual. I also read (here) that when u quickpull, it's a good idea to plug in your phone while doing it, especially if you're doing it often because the re-initialisation is hard on the batt cause it goes into a crazy search mode to reconnect to the network. I can agree AND disagree with the logic. Also make sure the games aren't running in the back ground. All I'm saying is monitor the stuff you've changed. Process of elimination. I don't think you can wake up one fine day and have your batt be crap. If it's a lemon, it's a lemon from day one.

Last edited by tedzone; 01-20-11 at 05:33 AM.
    01-20-11 05:19 AM
    I have the same problem.I used to get 2 days of battery life but nwdays its more of a day on standby itself .Without even using the phone.I hope this is some OS issue
    01-20-11 06:09 AM
    it must be either the apps or as tedzone stated the more battery pulls you do the more stress u put on the phone hence using more battery power. Maybe you did a lot more battery pulls this weekend than usual? that def would be the culprit if you did. Also check for any auto updating apps (apps that keep checking the web for new data) those sometimes cause a drain
    01-20-11 11:06 AM
    can temperature be a factor. Is it colder outside.
    01-20-11 02:41 PM
    Some may view this as either myth or urban legend.

That's cool.

Li-on batteries do not suffer memory like the old Ni-cad batteries did of the past.

They will lose sync with the software over time.

I personally..... Sync my battery every 90 days or so.

I will run the phone til it's so dead it turns off.. then keep kicking that dead horse a time or two. Then I will remove the battery and try to start the phone,which of course it won't.

Then I will reinstall the battery and leave the phone off, This is hard because I just learned the BB restarts itself ...

I would then charge the phone overnight turned off.

I got two years on my old Samsung Eternity that way. I used the net alot and had brightness up all the way all day and I would get two days out of it.

Heck, Since the OS6 Alarm ring tones are sO PlEaSenT and SoOthing... I still use the Eternity as my Alarm clock.

Now, How can I use what I know with the 9800 ? Dang thing restarts itself ? Maybe this might help both the OP and myself.
    01-20-11 08:02 PM
    it must be either the apps or as tedzone stated the more battery pulls you do the more stress u put on the phone hence using more battery power. Maybe you did a lot more battery pulls this weekend than usual? that def would be the culprit if you did. Also check for any auto updating apps (apps that keep checking the web for new data) those sometimes cause a drain
    One day I may have done like 10 quickpulls at the most...
    01-20-11 09:37 PM
    Problem solved.
    I deleted a few apps which I didnt use.Although these apps never run in the background,I guess the auto update theory is true.My battery life is back to normal.
    01-21-11 02:38 AM
    The Torch is not a device made for 2 days usage to be honest. It would be best to keep it topped off and charged on a daily basis.
    01-21-11 03:05 AM
    Have you tried closing some apps that are running in the background? I've had to do that a couple times.

I used to be able to leave my phone uncharged for 2 days straight, now it's on from 7 AM and by 9 PM it's already at 35% remaining.
    Is there anything I else I can do to extend battery life? I do not leave wi-fi home all day. Also, does anyone have an idea to the reason why this is happening?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-21-11 06:02 AM
    I'm the opposite!!! 9 hours running, used bluetooth with five calls, BES email, web surfing etc battery still at 100. Surely something is wrong???

01-21-11 06:38 AM
    Most of the time I have great battery life. Occasionally, however, it seems to go into a death spiral of battery suck. Yesterday it seemed to start off by using the music player (wired headphones, not bluetooth).

I listened to music for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. I made sure the player was not running in the background when not listening. Battery continued to plummet. I did have the device in my shirt pocket while playing music.

As near as I can tell, these drain times seem to correlate to when I carry the device in my pocket, which I don't normally do. It almost seems as if the device heats up, leading to the drain. I can't rule out that the processor is causing the temp rise and drain, but it actually seems to me that the temp rise leads to the drain rather than the expected inverse. Wierd.

I can verify that when I use a sleep holster and don't carry the device in a pocket my battery life rocks.
    01-21-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD