Are you ready for a taste of the Android Honeycomb on your BlackBerry device? WJD Designs presents “HoneyBerry” a theme inspired by the newest operating system on the Android platform. As of 1/17/11 Honeycomb hasn’t even came out commercially to the Android users but that didn’t stop us from emulating the experience to the BlackBerry device. The interface, icons, widgets all are inspired by Honeycomb and look amazing on the BlackBerry device.

Let’s start of by looking at the lower left hand corner where you will be presented with a “Left” “Home” “Right” button group. Each button corresponds to a homescreen layout.

• The “Left” arrow button will allow you to see a homescreen with your Calendar events in a today style view. You can scroll up to each task and select them to directly enter the calendar view.
    • The “Right arrow button will allow you to see the Email widget which will give you another today style view. Both of these views allow for more information being displayed at once on different screens.
    • The “Home” button will allow the user to be in the center screen where they have 8 icons on 480�360 screen size devices or 6 icons on the Storm/Torch devices.

*Note you must hit the “Home” icon before moving to the apposite screen*
    • Next we have the top overlay widget group that can be accessed on the home screen by scrolling up from the icons. If you scroll and click on the “Google” search widget you will be sent to the “Google Search App” ! (MUST HAVE GOOGLE SEARCH APP INSTALLED – Pick it up free @ www. m.google.com/search
    • Scroll one more to the right and click to access the default BlackBerry voice application.
    • Slide to the right and you will be on the quick App Screen button. This is an alternative to get you to your application list instead of hitting the hard key.
    • Slide one more to the right and you will be able to click the “x/-” on screen to “show” and “hide” the application icons. This will allow you to see a full screen wallpaper that you can select through your options area!

Note: Quicklaunch hotspot between arrows and clock!

Get HoneyBerry right now click the button below!

(Stock Wallpaper)

Follow Us:
    @WJDDesigns
    @John_JPDesigns
    Last edited by YourFriendWayneD; 02-02-11 at 12:12 AM.
    01-19-11 01:13 PM
    Wow... Definitely downloading now!! Looks amazing as always wjd!

One suggestion for an update though... Could there be more homescreen icons??? Like maybe 2 rows of 6 for touch devices?

Also, could you post the wallpaper for BerryWeather?
    yourfriendwayned likes this.
    01-19-11 03:01 PM
    great LOOKING theme. any home screen hot spots for profiles, quick launch or connections ? would hate to "use up" homescreen icons for quick access to those.
    01-19-11 03:08 PM
    one more question ..... Berry-weather wallpaper friendly ?
    01-19-11 03:10 PM
    Wow... Definitely downloading now!! Looks amazing as always wjd!

One suggestion for an update though... Could there be more homescreen icons??? Like maybe 2 rows of 6 for touch devices?

Also, could you post the wallpaper for BerryWeather?
    right now we aren;t updating to add more icons as 6 is enough right now - you could always add quicklaunch to a conv key to open a whole bunch of other apps - of course this is the design of the theme and how we want it to be - and as you see int he shots - berryweather friendly is a yes
    01-19-11 03:19 PM

I can dig it.
    Nice work, Wayne.
    basically this just scream awesome... thanks Stacey
    01-19-11 03:20 PM
    Between the arrows and the clock on the bottom is a quicklaunch hotspot. Just sayin'.
    And this theme is fricken snappy and responsive! Holy smokes. Atta boy!!
    Of course it's fricken snappy and responsive that's how we roll, LOL
    01-19-11 06:29 PM

Quicklaunch definitely does work well on this theme!

Though, I know its definitely opinion, but I just think that an extra set of 6 icons on top of the 6 already there wouldn't take away from the aesthetics of the theme or the wallpaper friendliness. (i'm just a guy who really likes a lot of homescreen icons, though i know there are people who completely disagree with me )
    01-19-11 06:45 PM
    You get the icon text thing fixed and Id cop it ..
    01-19-11 06:51 PM
    You get the icon text thing fixed and Id cop it ..
    What icon text thing are you referring too? If you mean the end of the word being cut off, the only way yo fix is to reduce the font size so you can't read it or to only have 3 icons on the screen to accommodate larger titled apps,
    01-19-11 06:54 PM
    Great job on this fellas! As usual, its really cool and you cant pinpoint why.....I know why.....Wayne and John are why. Keep em coming.
    01-19-11 10:05 PM
    this theme is decent but like Sa, i want more icons

yourfriendwayned likes this.
    01-20-11 08:34 AM
    this theme is decent but like Sa, i want more icons
    We are looking to add a second row of icons - which will also add to the "awesomeness"
    01-20-11 08:41 AM
    This is what I don't understand. If android sucks as much as bb owners claim, then why try to look like android?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 09:08 AM
    This is what I don't understand. If android sucks as much as bb owners claim, then why try to look like android?

Please keep questions and concerns that do not pertain to the theme out of this forum - if you have a questions please contact [email protected] and we will try to assist you - let people decide on their preferences...
    01-20-11 09:10 AM
    Please keep questions and concerns that do not pertain to the theme out of this forum - if you have a questions please contact [email protected] and we will try to assist you - let people decide on their preferences...
    Sure. No problem. Android rocks.

01-20-11 10:13 AM
    Can you share that wallpaper? Or give me a link to it...please. I want to put it on my, uhhh, device. Thanks.
    01-20-11 10:38 AM

01-29-11 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD