Are you ready for a taste of the Android Honeycomb on your BlackBerry device? WJD Designs presents �HoneyBerry� a theme inspired by the newest operating system on the Android platform. As of 1/17/11 Honeycomb hasn�t even came out commercially to the Android users but that didn�t stop us from emulating the experience to the BlackBerry device. The interface, icons, widgets all are inspired by Honeycomb and look amazing on the BlackBerry device.

Let�s start of by looking at the lower left hand corner where you will be presented with a �Left� �Home� �Right� button group. Each button corresponds to a homescreen layout.

• The �Left� arrow button will allow you to see a homescreen with your Calendar events in a today style view. You can scroll up to each task and select them to directly enter the calendar view.
    • The �Right arrow button will allow you to see the Email widget which will give you another today style view. Both of these views allow for more information being displayed at once on different screens.
    • The �Home� button will allow the user to be in the center screen where they have 8 icons on 480�360 screen size devices or 6 icons on the Storm/Torch devices.

*Note you must hit the �Home� icon before moving to the apposite screen*
    • Next we have the top overlay widget group that can be accessed on the home screen by scrolling up from the icons. If you scroll and click on the �Google� search widget you will be sent to the �Google Search App� ! (MUST HAVE GOOGLE SEARCH APP INSTALLED � Pick it up free @ www. m.google.com/search
    • Scroll one more to the right and click to access the default BlackBerry voice application.
    • Slide to the right and you will be on the quick App Screen button. This is an alternative to get you to your application list instead of hitting the hard key.
    • Slide one more to the right and you will be able to click the �x/-� on screen to �show� and �hide� the application icons. This will allow you to see a full screen wallpaper that you can select through your options area!

*KEYBOARD DEVICES* � We implemented a special keyboard quick key list you can view by looking below*

Get HoneyBerry right now click the button below!

Follow Us:
    @WJDDesigns
    @John_JPDesigns
    01-19-11 01:09 PM
    Nice job!

01-19-11 03:07 PM
    Nice job!

Nice pics. Makes the theme look 3D
    01-19-11 06:31 PM
    This is an awesome theme! I love the icons and the font size, it is nice and clear and easy to read. I wish that the focus for the top right corner icon (+/-) would highlight it more, it is very hard for me to see when I am on it. The App icon focus changes that icon to grey and makes it easier to see. Is there anyway to make that little house icon on the bottom banner, show the hidden dock and maybe use the back button to hide the dock. It would eliminate having to try to get up to that top right corner. Just a little thought.

But it is really a gorgeous theme. Thank you

Last edited by dollface54; 01-19-11 at 06:47 PM.
    01-19-11 06:36 PM
    I found a small flaw, when I open my Message screen, the messages extend past the edge of the overlay area. Also, it seems when I have more than messages showing on the bottom banner, it pushes my batteryEx icon off the banner. See my photo above when I only had TWO messages, the batteryEx icon was there, but on this image when I have THREE messages, the batteryEx icon disappears.

01-19-11 07:00 PM
    I found a small flaw, when I open my Message screen, the messages extend past the edge of the overlay area. Also, it seems when I have more than messages showing on the bottom banner, it pushes my batteryEx icon off the banner. See my photo above when I only had TWO messages, the batteryEx icon was there, but on this image when I have THREE messages, the batteryEx icon disappears.
    We are looking into a fix for the messages. What are you referring to as the batteryEX icon?
    01-19-11 07:04 PM
    We are looking into a fix for the messages. What are you referring to as the batteryEX icon?
    On my first posting of 3 photos, it is the rainbow icon with 77 next to it, that shows my battery % level. I noticed if I had 1 or 2 emails, all the notifications fit down there, but 3 or more emails and it drops off my BatteryEx icon. Can you expand the notification box on the bottom so that this doesn't happen? As it is, I couldn't get any more notifications in this area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dollface54; 01-19-11 at 07:52 PM.
    01-19-11 07:49 PM
    On my first posting of 3 photos, it is the rainbow icon with 77 next to it, that shows my battery % level. I noticed if I had 1 or 2 emails, all the notifications fit down there, but 3 or more icons and it drops of my BatteryEx icon. Can you expand the notification box on the bottom so that this doesn't happen? As it is, I couldn't get any more notifications in this area.

Ok thanks for the clarification. There isn't a ton of space to allow for multiple notifications across the bottom there.
    01-19-11 07:54 PM
    well only enough room for two notifications is kind of hard, for most of us. We all have Facebook, SMS, BBM, Weather icons, and Battery icons that needs to go into the notifications area. Some times I can have like 5 notifications at the same time and if you are will only allow 2 to show............ well that is kind of bad.
    01-19-11 10:42 PM
    Very very nice theme. I dig it

01-20-11 01:40 AM
    Great theme but when I click on the Google search widget I'm taken to the Search screen. Yes, I do have the Google Search App installed. I'm wondering if it needs to be in a certain position?
    Other than that nice job

01-20-11 03:15 AM
    Great theme but when I click on the Google search widget I'm taken to the Search screen. Yes, I do have the Google Search App installed. I'm wondering if it needs to be in a certain position?
    Other than that nice job

The search was originally set up for the default blackberry search. That is being updated in the next update as most people wanted to have Google search instead.
    01-20-11 07:43 AM
    The search was originally set up for the default blackberry search. That is being updated in the next update as most people wanted to have Google search instead.
    Thank you for you for responding. Looking forward to the update

01-20-11 08:06 AM
    no 8900 ?
    01-20-11 09:06 AM
    no 8900 ?
    Please send things like this to [email protected] - this forum is device specific - thanks
    01-20-11 09:08 AM
    Please send things like this to [email protected] - this forum is device specific - thanks
    sorryyy, will do
    01-20-11 09:09 AM
    just buy the 9700 version for the 8900 as will work fine!

only difference is call screen font positions cant be changed, dont know why havent simply ported it over already???

then 8900 version comes out can get them to swap it over for you so have perfect one!
    yourfriendwayned and ria__x like this.
    01-20-11 02:12 PM
    just buy the 9700 version for the 8900 as will work fine!

only difference is call screen font positions cant be changed, dont know why havent simply ported it over already???

then 8900 version comes out can get them to swap it over for you so have perfect one!
    Thanks for the idea BUT we want to do everything device specific - and this was also not in the right forum - when we are ready to release for that device we will put it in the appropriate forum
    01-20-11 02:15 PM
    thats alright, just wanted to save you some work and get you an extra sale!

no point building from start again as only diff with 9700 and 8900 is call screen font positioning so a simple port over is all thats needed!

just checked out info on the proper tablet thingy and theme looks good as a copy nice work
    ria__x likes this.
    01-20-11 02:19 PM
    thats alright, just wanted to save you some work and get you an extra sale!

no point building from start again as only diff with 9700 and 8900 is call screen font positioning so a simple port over is all thats needed!

just checked out info on the proper tablet thingy and theme looks good as a copy nice work
    Thanks and its not a copy that word sounds rough - emulation is better the fact is all the UI was made piece by piece - the wallpaper was made as well - this took some time - we are not willing to port over for another device and we will do it all again since we believe the approach is smarter - some users might not like devs that cut corners - we want to give the best experience we can....
    01-20-11 02:23 PM
    Seems to run very sluggish for me
    01-20-11 02:35 PM
    Also none of your links seem to work on your website
    01-20-11 02:37 PM
    Also none of your links seem to work on your website
    We are removing weblinks - there's issues with those - sluggish isn't happening on our torch devices... can you tell us what kind of apps are installed that may interfere ie; memory reporting apps do more bad than good...
    01-20-11 02:39 PM
    We are removing weblinks - there's issues with those - sluggish isn't happening on our torch devices... can you tell us what kind of apps are installed that may interfere ie; memory reporting apps do more bad than good...
    Bold 9700 with just meterberry,berry weather, be buzz, gmail, google sync, google maps, I do have 10 email accounts on it though
    01-20-11 02:42 PM
    Bold 9700 with just meterberry,berry weather, be buzz, gmail, google sync, google maps, I do have 10 email accounts on it though
    MeterBerry isn't the best to run - imagine how much "listening" the applications is doing to slow down ram - I never recommend process killer/recorders and any sort of memory management because of the Blackberry architecture and the low device memory....
    01-20-11 03:13 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD