I have searched my 9700's features countless times in hopes of finding something that will allow me to lower the brightness of the screen. Such an option proves invaluable specially at night when reading in pitch dark as reading a well lit screen is no problem at all and quite comforting. The problem comes when I must quickly switch my focus off of the screen into an other area of the house or where ever I am at ,at the moment. As what happens is your eyes need to adjust to the darkness and it takes a few moments. People who work law enforcement type jobs and similar know how important it is to be able to preserve night vision. After switching your focus from a bright light onto another area of darkness your practically blind until your eyes naturally adjust and those are moments that could really work against your odds of safety.

The iphone has such a feature I don't or can't seem to find it on my bb. I've been to screen/keyboard options and all I see is a back light timer but no way of regulating the amount of light the screen gives off.

The only thing I can think of using as a work around to this is purchasing a privacy screen as they naturally have a sort of dimming effect on the amount of light a bb screen gives off. But they also tend to distort the quality of images on the screen as well.

Ideas anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 10:37 PM
    You were almost there, it's the option above Backlight Timer... Backlight Brightness

01-17-11 10:42 PM
    Lol I just realized I have been there before. I was hoping I could further dim the light some how. I just checked the brightness of the back light and I have it at its lowest setting. Its way too bright though. I need my night vision I have to stay on top of things I have to many little nephews and nieces trying to get the best of my at night and I don't want to have to use my military grade tactical light on them lol.

01-17-11 10:59 PM
    If your auto dim is off turn it on

01-18-11 02:20 AM
    Automatically having the backlight time out is what you need to set it to, then it turns completely off without any key presses. The lock button (top left) also does this.

01-18-11 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD