I somehow created 2 contact lists on my blackberry! Now I have both running duplicate contacts. Contact list A I want to keep as this is the one that syncs with my PC and outlook contacts, but Contact list B I want to delete completely. I have over 700 contacts on it so deleting one by one is a big pain.

Anyone has a solution to delete the contact list B in one go?

Thanks
    01-17-11 03:21 PM
    try this in the contacts app hit BB menu button then scroll down to options. type the letters RSET, you should end up with a message asking if you want to wipe contact list you will be give the message for each contact list be sure to check which one you are wiping before clicking yes. I had to do this every time I reloaded OS6 I ended up with a n AT&T adressbook that I had to wipe. I have since found the COD within the OS and removed it to no have to deal with that anymore.
    01-17-11 10:15 PM
    There is no possible way but to have those duplicated contacts deleted manually.,.,but it is really a headache,right? but i guess you could try using a duplicate remover like Scrubly Duplicate Contacts Remover. I found this useful tool a months ago and used this.The process is simple; it scans your Gmail contact folders and look for duplicate contacts. If Scrubly finds any exact or Compatible Contacts, it will remove or merge them automatically. They even have a back up so I can have the original copy just in case. Hope this helps.,.take care and have a nice day.

ChrisSmith
    01-18-11 01:53 AM
    Moved to 9700 Forum
    01-18-11 10:04 AM
    Couldn't you just delete all of your contacts and then just re-sync with Outlook?
    01-18-11 11:04 AM
    To the BB they aren't duplicate entries , my BB has decided that I have a number of contact lists from each of my emails , as a result I have 3 to 4 entries that are slightly different for each contact , I started with 900 contacts and now have x 4 !

when I go into options on the contacts I can see the 4 emails its got them from but theres no option to delete or edit them
    08-30-11 11:05 AM
    Couldn't you just delete all of your contacts and then just re-sync with Outlook?
    Be careful with that. It may sync the deletion and you lose your contacts on your PC as well.
    08-30-11 12:02 PM
    Be careful with that. It may sync the deletion and you lose your contacts on your PC as well.
    That would be an awful thing to hear about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 12:48 PM
    going into settings in the contact list menu and typing RSET worked for me as well bc i had a tmobile backup enabled... just make sure you are paying attention to whichever contact list you are deleting. it will ask you multiple times depending on how many lists you have...
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-05-11 02:11 PM
    try this in the contacts app hit BB menu button then scroll down to options. type the letters RSET, you should end up with a message asking if you want to wipe contact list you will be give the message for each contact list be sure to check which one you are wiping before clicking yes.
    This was so helpful. I've been living with my dual contact list for too long. My IT guy couldn't help me, but this did.
    Thanks!
    12-06-11 04:06 PM
    try this in the contacts app hit BB menu button then scroll down to options. type the letters RSET, you should end up with a message asking if you want to wipe contact list you will be give the message for each contact list be sure to check which one you are wiping before clicking yes. I had to do this every time I reloaded OS6 I ended up with a n AT&T adressbook that I had to wipe. I have since found the COD within the OS and removed it to no have to deal with that anymore.
    Brilliant Reply.. Thanks a ton! worked perfect for me!!
    12-12-11 05:27 AM
    going into settings in the contact list menu and typing RSET worked for me as well bc i had a tmobile backup enabled... just make sure you are paying attention to whichever contact list you are deleting. it will ask you multiple times depending on how many lists you have...
    Hi smijes,

Thanks for the great advice this worked for me. For the last few days I've been trying to figure out how to remove/merge the duplicate contacts on my Bold 9650 by deleting all my contact through Desktop Manager, and then I tried to remove the duplicates individually and then to the point of buying some software to merge my contacts but unfortunately none of those methonds worked for me. But now after I typed RSET in my Contacts and then resync gmail Contacts it resolved the duplicate issue.
    02-13-12 01:13 PM
    02-24-12 03:13 AM
    Wow THANKYOU!!!!

I've been trying to work this out for so darn long .... and voila your fix worked immediately!!
    04-22-12 09:53 PM
    awesome .. rset worked for me
    12-17-12 12:45 AM
    Hi, Chiilfactorz,

i tried following ur advice "try this in the contacts app hit BB menu button then scroll down to options. type the letters RSET, you should end up with a message asking if you want to wipe contact list you will be give the message for each contact list be sure to check which one you are wiping before clicking yes" but the moment i hit the option menu i get the "Home Screen Preferences" menu and if i type RSET, nothing happens, please help.

Regards
    02-09-13 01:44 AM
    The free app OS and LED. Has a function to remove duplicate contacts or at least one time had that function. Used effectively on the wife's 9900 once. Quick, simple, and works.
    02-09-13 12:46 PM
    Thanked you. This solved the contacts. Now I need the same solution for an extra calendar.
    06-23-13 01:21 PM
    Worked for me as well, on my 9930. The cause of the dupes was a result of me turning on GMail contact sync.
    07-23-13 02:38 PM
    Chiilfactorz, I too tried your advice and it takes me to Home screen Options??? typing in RSET there does nothing. What am I doing wrong.

I have a BB Bold 990. My Contacts went from 3200 to 9800, with random duplicates - some contacts have the single contact while others now have two or three and some 20.

Thanks!
    10-08-14 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD