Hi guys,

It seems the micro usb port is loose on my phone and my charger wobbles a bit when plugged in. Sometimes it doesn't charge because of this.

I'd like to change out the micro usb port on the phone. Anyone know where I can get one for a good price? I couldn't find the part on cnn.cn.

My 1 year warranty with AT&T has already passed.

Thanks!
    01-17-11 01:22 PM
    Unless you are very skilled at soldering small parts, you would be better off taking it to a shop for repair. It should cost around $80 for a repair in a shop.
    01-17-11 01:24 PM
    My micro usb port wasn't loose, but it was causing me some grief. I've had the 9700 going on 2 years with absolutely 0 problems. I love my 9700 so much that I said BAH HUMBUG to the Torch. I was just going to upgrade to the 9780 for the memory.
    Well, my phone had other ideas. I use my personal BB for work too. I need to be able to hook it up via the usb to sync and charge while at work and/or on the road. Well, all of a sudden whenever I hooked it up to the usb the PC wouldn't recognize it.
    I thought it was a bad cable so I hooked up my old PEWPEW Storm 1. It was recognized and charged.
    I uninstalled DTM 5 and installed 6 (I use 5 because I need Redirector). Nothing.
    Reloaded OS6 (.454) onto the phone. Nothing.
    Googled and tried all the suggested steps. Nothing.
    Went to the AT&T store and told them the problem. The guy told me that it's a hardware issue with the phone, however, they don't work on the actual phones and that I'd have to take it to another store. He checked my account and saw that I was due for an upgrade. I asked for the 9780...not in stock. Only BB's they had (that I would even consider) were the Torch 9800 and the Bold 9700.
    Since I wanted more memory, I opted for the 9800 (also because they were both $99 upgrades). Ended up only paying $55 for the 9800. So, I guess this is my last post in te 9700 forum, you've been great. See you in the 9800's!
    01-17-11 01:51 PM
    Do not repair this by yourself unless if your really good at soldering. I've heard many stories on Crackberry of people doing this by themselves and it wouldn't sync with their computers anymore. Take it to your local repair shop and get them to do it for you. After you get it replace I recommend that you get a BB charging pod. You can find one off Amazing for around 10 bucks.
    01-17-11 04:09 PM
    Do not repair this by yourself unless if your really good at soldering. I've heard many stories on Crackberry of people doing this by themselves and it wouldn't sync with their computers anymore. Take it to your local repair shop and get them to do it for you. After you get it replace I recommend that you get a BB charging pod. You can find one off Amazing for around 10 bucks.
    A Plus for the charging pod and A++ for the shop, we don't need no horror stories!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD