Is it possible to have too many themes on a Torch? I see people talking about removing themes. I have 20 themes on my phone, should remove some? Is there a reason it would be bad to just leave themes installed?
    01-17-11 12:04 PM
    I don't think you need to worry. Some people (like myself) just remove the themes they don't use. I've never had a space issue with themes on any of my BlackBerry phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 12:48 PM
    Agreed. I don't think it matters. Every few months after downloading a new theme I take a look and see which theme(s) I really don't or won't use again and delete them just to make it easier to sort.
    01-17-11 01:11 PM
    In my opinion it doesnt matter in which way you consume your memory- if you fill your divice with themes or other kind of apps and download will make any difference... But theres is one sideeffect: your divice becomes slower with every MB you cover your memory... Therfore it makes sense to tidy now and again your memory... I delete all the unnecessary premium themes I've purchased, cause you can renew and download the backup over your account (mobihand etc) whenwever you want them again.;-)

01-17-11 01:28 PM
    As an off and on theme junkie I keep lots of themes available. For a few weeks I have not made a change but one never can tell when the urge will strike. Then having a fine theme on which to fall back makes my day.

So long as device memory is not dropping too much I feel no need to delete themes I like. Themes that do not suit my temperament are not kept more than long enough for a trial. That reduces the number a bit but still I have several.
    01-17-11 02:28 PM
    Same here. Basically every couple of weeks I deleted some of the themes. Good idea about the premium ones and re-downloading them. Never even thought of that.

Having said that it is a lot easier to keep a lot of themes on my torch with around 250mb of free space as opposed to my storm which only had around 30mb of free space.

01-17-11 07:05 PM
    I currently have 78 themes on my Torch (all themes I made) with no adverse effects.

However I often max out the number of themes my Torch will allow me to install and I have to delete some before any more will install. I don't really know, but I'd say its somewhere around 90-100 themes before it won't allow any more.

01-18-11 12:46 AM
    Around 100 Themes allowed...?!? Sensory overload!!! As far as I remember I have had around 25 themes in all of my divices (SMALL clutterer!), but I allways have just two or three themes I used... The rest was my reserve for my mood swings (which never happens) :-)
    01-18-11 01:02 AM
    Well, I'd tried a lot of theme for my Torch but after all just using the default theme =D
    01-18-11 01:18 AM
    I usually carry around 25 themes with no memory issues. I back them up with BBSAK once I accumulate a bunch and delete the ones I won't likely use. Backing them up with BBSAK makes it easier to re install then to search all over ****'s half acre to download and reinstall.
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-18-11 07:38 AM
    Its all to personal preference, for me I only keep the Theme I am using on my BB, and have all of the other themes backed up on my laptop for loading/reloading.
    01-18-11 07:42 AM
    Its all to personal preference, for me I only keep the Theme I am using on my BB, and have all of the other themes backed up on my laptop for loading/reloading.
    Same here. I really don't see a need for 20 themes on my phone at a give time, but like Fubaz said, it really is personal preference.
    01-18-11 07:47 AM
    I usually carry around 25 themes with no memory issues. I back them up with BBSAK once I accumulate a bunch and delete the ones I won't likely use. Backing them up with BBSAK makes it easier to re install then to search all over ****'s half acre to download and reinstall.
    I do this same method, I have roughly 80 some odd themes, but only carry 6 on my torch. I have read of some issues of the torch slowing down if there are too many themes installed.
    01-18-11 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD