Need some help restoring old information to my new Style. I had an older ATT Curve, tried a couple of Android phones which didn't cut the mustard so I am back to my faithful Blackberry.

I am trying to recover my old data/settings/software from my Curve. I have tried the Switch Device wizard but you have to have your old BB to use that(?). Also tried to restore old .ibd files to my new device, but the restore function doesn't seem to recognize those files.

Anyone have any advice on restoring old data to a new device when all you have are backup files?
    01-17-11 11:52 AM
    you need to have backed up your curve with Desktop manager or bbsak to restore to the style,im pretty sure..
    01-17-11 12:03 PM
    Having the old blackberry isn't necessary unless you use the device switch wizard. You can try and restore an old backup, but there may be some conflicts with settings because of the difference in OS software on the devices. What worked for me was simply restoring my contact list, calendar, and email settings going from OS4.x to OS5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 01:30 PM
    Thanks very much. The restore from an old back-up worked like a charm.
    02-06-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD