I have a blackberry 8520 for over a year now. I have notice the browser and phone in general is starting to slow down.

I have done most of the usual cleaning and tweeks to cut out stored data that the phone get clogged up with.

I'm on o2 and my device is running 5.0.0.681.

I got this update via the o2 website. Are there any known issues with this update, or have I out grown my device now?

I drill my phone out everyday by the way.

Should I upgrade to a 9780 or do you think I should try a better os update for now?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I am new to this forum so I would like to say hello to all members.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 08:13 AM
    I am having the exact same problems on the same os versoin, phone and network! My browser has become unusable now, edge or wifi it is useless
    I am just about to upgrade mine now to the latest os on this forum so i will let you know how it goes
    01-16-11 08:33 AM
    Do you have the exact file free number?, have you tried a dif ver. of the operating system if file free is in good standing?
    01-20-11 10:10 AM
    Heya.

You're using the latest version of firmware approved by O2 for your device... so no issues there.

If you have a look in Sptions, Status, then BlackBerry key and pick Database Sizes, what does it look like here? My 8520 has a Total Size of just over 14,000K but at the moment I'm deliberately trying to stuff as much information into the handset as I can.

Do you notice a difference between using the O2 network and WLAN?
    01-20-11 03:48 PM
    Hi, my blackberry curve was doing that same thing to. I went through my phone and deleted any sms, mms, emails, apps, and pictures that i didnt need, and my phone started getting really fast again like when i just bought it. Hope it helps!
    01-22-11 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD