I am a soldier serving in Afghanistan. I recently bought a verison Blackberry tour 9630 from another soldier. It was desplaying app error 523 reset. I could not get anything to work till I downloaded that JL Cmandr. now it wont shut off or reboot. I cant hook my computer to the internet here or hook the phone to this computer. I dont know if the blackberry program I downloaded is the right one but it wont reload the device. I am naive concerning electronics and would like to buy a startup disk from someone with a full set of ***** proof instructions to get it up again. I want to be able to text and make calls on the device using the Roshan sim card and service avallible here. If anyone could make that up I would buy it from them and pay the shipping.
    A SOLDIER WHO WANTS TO CALL HOME MORE OFTEN!
    01-14-11 05:56 PM
    what happens when you do a battery pull? (Remove and replace battery)?
    01-15-11 11:34 AM
    Do you have access to a PC running Windows that you can connect the phone to via USB? If you do I could burn a CD with the most current OS for your phone and send it to you with instructions on how to reload the OS.
    01-15-11 11:57 AM
    Bump for a service member!!!!
    01-15-11 12:12 PM

If you could use a jump drive or disk, you could transfer the BBOS to your computer from the military computer you're using. I take it that's what you are trying to do, or they won't let you do? I was trying to figure out how you downloaded JL Cmdr to use. Folks here would be glad to help you get up and running some way or another.

Don't worry about being inexperienced, almost everyone started new. I'd burn you a disc, but don't have access on the road. You could PM anyone that can with contact information. Pb, thanks for stepping up on the disc offer.

Slick, thank you for your service. Stay in touch, and we're here for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-15-11 at 09:05 PM.
    01-15-11 12:28 PM
    Brother I'd make you whatever you wanted and send it to. I wouldn't dream of charging you. Here's the thing. Can you tranfer data from that machine to your machine? Have you tried a battery pull yet?I think we could come up with a way to get the files to your machine. Do you have the os on your machine?

01-15-11 02:32 PM
    I cant hook my computer to the internet here or hook the phone to this computer. ...
    I am glad to hear the US Military computer scecurity prohibits pluging in USB devices like a Thumb Drive or a Phone. That is how worms spread.

The Error 523 is one that requires a complete OS rebuild to recover.

You will need access to a non-military computer with Windows XP or later. A member can download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a current 9630 OS package, they will both fit on a 640 Mb CD-R disk.
    01-15-11 03:59 PM
    I am glad to hear the US Military computer scecurity prohibits pluging in USB devices like a Thumb Drive or a Phone. That is how worms spread.

The Error 523 is one that requires a complete OS rebuild to recover.

You will need access to a non-military computer with Windows XP or later. A member can download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a current 9630 OS package, they will both fit on a 640 Mb CD-R disk.
    He might beable to bluetooth/crossover cable burn to cd from service box to his machine. I'm waiting for his reply to see what kind of action to take. I won't beable to dl the os for him untell tues.

01-15-11 08:46 PM
    It occurred to me after the earlier post that OP wouldn't be able to use a jump drive for security purposes/protection. Don't want 'em to get in deep kimchee, for certain.

01-15-11 09:02 PM
    I will try to answer all questions that I understood also provide information that might help. pulling and replacing battery causes it to try and reload then displays "Reload Software 507". I downloaded jl cmdr onto a jump drive. these computers will alow them to be hooked up to save downloads only because they are wiped at 3am every day. no running of programs on them. i can transfer files and programs to my laptop which uses Vista. I loader BlackBerry manager on the laptop via file transfer but it wont reconise the phone to reload through the usb cable. Information on the phone is as follows. Model BB9630, ESN ***, S/N 30DC247E, FCC ID L6ARBU70CW, MFG DT 299, PCB-21188-004, CK2689. I dont know if these numbers will help but figured cant hurt. Another possible issue is when attached to computer the computer shows a different S/N than on the phone and I cant adjust it. Woith the manager program I down loaded most of the selections are unavalible to me
    01-17-11 06:01 AM
    You'll need an OS package installed on your Vista machine before you can load it onto your phone.

Bump for ya.
    01-17-11 09:29 AM
    Use this link to get the latest OS for your phone. Just fill in the information and then download the software.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...47D1B055D21F2D
    When you have it downloaded, open it and install it on your computer.

Now go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml file.

Hook your BB up to the computer.

Run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe

This should load the OS onto the phone.

FYI - When you hook the phone up to the computer, it is going to show the PIN number which is different from the S/N.
    Slick63m likes this.
    01-17-11 12:42 PM
    Hey, totally off topic, but I need to say something.

My brother is leaving for Afghanistan soon. So from this Army sister...thank you very much for your service. Please stay safe.

Now, how's your BlackBerry?
    01-18-11 07:07 AM
    Im better with the BlackBerry now sorta. Its not showing any error codes. It loads and shows a proper control screen now."which is great" but installing the sim card from my locally purchased phone isnt working the way I hoped. IE not. The phone is requesting a MEB Network code."huh" I entered every code I could find on sim card, local phone, and BlackBerry. None worked. Another solder pulled up a screen on the phone with a bunch of codes but none were labled MEB. Is there a way to find it on the phone or could someone tell me where to look. Afghanistan isnt as fun as Iraq but it has its points
    01-19-11 04:58 AM
    repost this in the Unlocks forum as meb has something to do with that and I'm sure for a service member some kind crackberrian would provide this for free.
    mssca likes this.
    01-19-11 09:23 AM
    Im better with the BlackBerry now sorta. Its not showing any error codes. It loads and shows a proper control screen now."which is great" but installing the sim card from my locally purchased phone isnt working the way I hoped. IE not. The phone is requesting a MEB Network code."huh" I entered every code I could find on sim card, local phone, and BlackBerry. None worked. Another solder pulled up a screen on the phone with a bunch of codes but none were labled MEB. Is there a way to find it on the phone or could someone tell me where to look. Afghanistan isnt as fun as Iraq but it has its points
    Congrats brother. I wish I could help you with unlocking your device. Ill check around and see what I can find. Ill keep a check to see how your going. I thought there might have been a way to get you the files w/ out using mail. That would have sucked get the disc next week just to fight out about .eb. Lol. Thanks for your service.

01-19-11 12:12 PM
    Sounds like your BlackBerry is still locked on the GSM side. Is your Tour Verizon or Sprint? I will post and try to get you help getting this taken care of.

01-19-11 12:58 PM
    I can tell you how to get your MEP code if you still need it. Tell me and I'll pm you. I know this way works. The guy that wrote this algorythm got smack by Rim and he removed this methed. Another way that I haven't tried is downloading and running bb loader.just let me know if you want the url.

01-19-11 09:01 PM
    This is where you can buy an unlocking code: Unlock Blackberry Bold 9700 | Unlock Blackberry Torch | Unlock Blackberry Curve | Blackberry Unlock Code | Unlock Blackberry Phone

And to get the IMEI number, you enter *#06# on your phone screen.... I hope someone here can buy you the code for free....

I am sitting at home eating off of my parents money and don't have a credit card, otherwise I would buy one for you.
    02-13-11 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD