Having searched (probably not thorough enough) through the forums, can someone explain to me exactly what I need to do (or point me in the right direction) to get my Tour to work in Japan? I not looking to necessarily have all the features working but maybe just able to text and make and receive a few calls.

I've read various forums and I've seen comments such as just talk to a Sprint store rep, get a SIM card, get a SIM card in Japan cell store, deal with something called Docomo (sp?), etc but never clear as to what to do.

Any help will be appreciated.
    01-14-11 10:29 PM
    I travel to Japan a lot as well as the UK, and it is real simple call Sprint tell them your going out of the country and need your phone unlocked for use with a rented sim card. If your arriving in Narita (fav place to fly into) there are plenty of places where you can rent a sim card for use in Japan.

DoCoMo FOMA is one of the more "use your own phone" friendly companies theres and they are located in the center building, I think either the 3rd or 4th floor in Terminal 1. They have locations throughout the airport in both Terminal 1 & 2 so you should be fine.

NTT DOCOMO Handset Rental for Inbound Roamers
    01-17-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD