Ok. I start this thread even though there are other threads on the subject. For those of you that are like me and looked at the bedside mode fix that is all over the forum but had no idea how to execute it. Here are simple terms and step by step instructions. Hope this helps.

Here are the instructions, that are all over the forum.
    Originally Posted by jcporter
    So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE (http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/O...Mode%20Fix.rar)
    2. Extract the file to your PC
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.

Here is what I did to make it work.
    1. Click on that here link (or copy and paste address, here link may have become inactive when I copied to this thread), save to desktop (or where ever you want that you can find it again) I am running windows xp.
    2. I googled �free rar extract files� found and downloaded Free RAR Extract Frog 2.5, Free RAR Extract Frog - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com I am sure there are other great programs that will do the job. I downloaded the frog and followed the on screen instructions which prompted me to extract the file I saved to my desktop.
    3. I didn�t even know what BBSAK was so I googled BBSAK found their official web site BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife I then plugged in my storm 2, launched BBSAK by clicking on the icon on my desktop, clicked on the Modify CODs found my extracted files on my desktop named bedside mode fix opened the file and BBSAK did the rest including reboot my phone.

So, yes, simple once you know wt* to do! Hope this saves a few people a few steps of searching.
    Good Luck, and sleep well tonight knowing your berry is all fixed.
    01-14-11 10:17 PM
    FYI, best RAR extractor is 7zip. Its free and open source and can do a lot more than just extracting RAR files.
    01-16-11 12:58 PM
    How can I make this fix work on my MacBook Pro?
    01-17-11 10:59 AM
    Ok. I start this thread even though there are other threads on the subject. For those of you that are like me and looked at the bedside mode fix that is all over the forum but had no idea how to execute it. Here are simple terms and step by step instructions. Hope this helps.

So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE (http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/O...Mode%20Fix.rar)
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.

1. Click on that here link (or copy and paste address, here link may have become inactive when I copied to this thread), save to desktop (or where ever you want that you can find it again) I am running windows xp.
    2. I googled �free rar extract files� found and downloaded Free RAR Extract Frog 2.5, Free RAR Extract Frog - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com I am sure there are other great programs that will do the job. I downloaded the frog and followed the on screen instructions which prompted me to extract the file I saved to my desktop.
    3. I didn�t even know what BBSAK was so I googled BBSAK found their official web site BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife I then plugged in my storm 2, launched BBSAK by clicking on the icon on my desktop, clicked on the Modify CODs found my extracted files on my desktop named bedside mode fix opened the file and BBSAK did the rest including reboot my phone.

So, yes, simple once you know wt* to do! Hope this saves a few people a few steps of searching.
    Thanks alot!
    This worked GREAT!
    01-18-11 10:13 AM
    Awesome! Thanks a lot for doing this & simplifying things into 3 easy steps. I never felt comfortable enough before & never felt like I had the time to apply this fix. You obviously changed that.

Thanks!
    01-18-11 12:57 PM
    What if BBSAK won't recognize my device?
    01-18-11 01:01 PM

easiest shi*t i ever did lol and ive done crazy ****
    01-23-11 04:10 PM
    Glad to have my bedside mode back.

Thanks
    01-25-11 03:48 PM
    BBSAK still can't detect my BB .It is not the USB cable because BB desktop works and tether works What other program can I use to install the fix?
    01-27-11 09:11 PM
    BBSAK still can't detect my BB .It is not the USB cable because BB desktop works and tether works What other program can I use to install the fix?
    Have you tried running bbsak as admin? Has worked for a ot of peope. You can always copy "net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod" into your java folder then reload OS
    01-27-11 09:58 PM
    Thank you very much for this fix. I now have my clock back at night.
    01-29-11 02:46 AM

Thank you for posting this. While I had to figure this out the hard way, many others may have not yet tried to install the fix and wouldn't know. I used BBSAK and finally was able to make the fix work for me.
    01-31-11 04:43 PM
    Will this fix work on 9930 OS 7?
    09-18-11 10:25 PM
    Will this fix work on 9930 OS 7?

Are you having problems with bedside mode too? I cannot change my profle on mine. It goes into bedside mode but it won't let me click save on the profile change I try to do. Annoying! Had this problem on my 9630 and thought I'd never have to see it again. Boy was I wrong sadly

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 11:55 PM
    Yes. I really didn't think with OS7 I would have this problem..Unfortunatey I am. Tryed the old fix did not work.Curiously I also tried it again on the 9630 I carry for work and no good on that one also. I'm at aloss about what to do.Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD