I just upgraded from a Curve 8530 to a Bold 9650 and immediately downloaded the new software upgrade. This device is awesome! It does everything I need and the web is small but able to zoom easily and view mulitple sites and jump between pages without a problem.

I was frustratrated at first but after tweaking some settings everything is working fantastic!

For my needs the bold 9650 is one great device and when the PB comes out this will be a great combination!

I hope RIM stays with their current business model and build reliable devices that get the job done and not worry about what processor clocks the fastest and which screen is the best on the market. Just build a platform like the 9650 and you will have a loyal following.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-14-11 02:14 PM
    You hit the nail on the head. The kind of business I do I am constantly emailing or texting. I tried the EVO out and its a waste. Its cool if you always have a charger handy and have all the time in the world to type on the screen. There has never been and never will be another device that is such a comfortable communication tool for email and messaging than a Blackberry. So while the naysayers keeps saying "RIM is dying" or RIM doesnt get it. Um yes they do, they just dont care about people that want a toy, they care about people who need to use their device for what its meant to be used for.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-14-11 02:57 PM
    I just upgraded from a Curve 8530 to a Bold 9650 and immediately downloaded the new software upgrade. This device is awesome! It does everything I need and the web is small but able to zoom easily and view mulitple sites and jump between pages without a problem.

I was frustratrated at first but after tweaking some settings everything is working fantastic!

For my needs the bold 9650 is one great device and when the PB comes out this will be a great combination!

I hope RIM stays with their current business model and build reliable devices that get the job done and not worry about what processor clocks the fastest and which screen is the best on the market. Just build a platform like the 9650 and you will have a loyal following.
    With the new Sprint OS 6.0.0.415 the fonts are miniature on approximately 40% of the mobile websites such as [m.crackberry.com]. I usually carry a magnify glass so that I can view just where on the page I need to zoom in on; for it's impossible to see the words without it. This is very embarrassing when out in public especially when someone ask, �What kind of phone is that�? The font adjustment in options does not work and has no bearing on a lot of mobile websites. You can set the font size to the highest 14point or lowest 1point and save; but the font size will not adjust at all on the page you are setting it for. Using the zoom feature is very frustrating. I recommended to RIM to add the feature [Page and Column View] in the BB Button Menu Option. That way we can zoom and have a word wrap which allows us to read presentations in a smooth manner. The OS6 was originally designed for the Touch Screen which also has a larger screen size. The page and column view is not needed for that devise. The Advanced Support Team informed me they were going to investigate this problem and get back with me in 6days. I recommended the page and column view as a suggestion. I don�t care how RIM Program Engineering repairs the font problem; we just want to be able to read a web page without having to spend 5 minutes in frustration scrolling vertically and horizontally and loosing our place in the process; and still not being able to make sense of what we read because of no word wrap or consistent smooth flow path of reading. Presently were not able to read the presentation on approximately 40% of mobile web pages in a manner that wouldn�t cause eye strain and headaches.

With that said, Yes RIM has done a tremendous job upgrading the OS5 to OS6. The new features are astonishing; I believe RIM has top of the line Program Engineers and I look forward to putting away my magnifying glass and enjoy surfing the net when RIM Engineers rectify the font issue.
    Aace
    Last edited by Aace; 01-15-11 at 06:09 AM. Reason: screen shot
    01-15-11 04:39 AM

You hit the nail on the head. The kind of business I do I am constantly emailing or texting. I tried the EVO out and its a waste. Its cool if you always have a charger handy and have all the time in the world to type on the screen. There has never been and never will be another device that is such a comfortable communication tool for email and messaging than a Blackberry. So while the naysayers keeps saying "RIM is dying" or RIM doesnt get it. Um yes they do, they just dont care about people that want a toy, they care about people who need to use their device for what its meant to be used for.
    Nail hit on head is absolutely right. This is a great device. I also agree that the browser font is too small, but one can zoom and get by. I do hope that RIM fixes that issue and once done its all good with the BB. An Itoy I don't need.
    01-15-11 06:52 AM
    The column view from 5 is what is needed. The text wrap is a poor substitute.
    The webkit is not completely baked, as in DONE.
    01-15-11 07:59 AM
    I have to say that I agree with everyone here!
    The Bold is a device that completes me. Does everything I need it to do and I wouldn't dream of giving it up for anything else. However, with that being said, I do experience the same frustration as you all with the small browser fonts. We "experienced" bb users (read: OLD-er) have a hard time with the tiny fonts and I find myself angry when trying to enlarge and read and respond to these forums on the phone.

It is the one of the two things I miss from OS5 and I have frequently thought about going back to 5 for it. I haven't and the longer I wait, the more I know I will never go back to old OS5... but RIM has GOT to bring back column view!!!

One of two did I say? Yeah. The other is themes. Where the h-e-l-l is TB6 for the 9650? Release already, will you???

PS Installed Bolt browser after I posted this and it works well. I don't care now if RIM ever fixes the native browser because I won't use it anymore.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-15-11 at 05:41 PM.
    01-15-11 08:33 AM
    I agree with my "well aged" friends. The Bold is a great device that does everything I need it to do. I miss a real column view as well. The smaller fonts are very frustrating especially on CB. Instead of zooming and panning I've gotten used to the font size and just dealing with it, most of the time. We'll see how long that lasts, after all I am on the other side of the double nickels now!
    01-15-11 08:58 AM
    I'm sure the column view will be included in OS6.1 which should come out be the end of the year. I agree with jaydee, RELEASE TB6 FOR THE 9650 NOW!
    01-15-11 10:19 AM
    Hi need help - just got OS 6 for BB 9650, i think i like it - but how do i move Apps that are there only thru search - ie Calcualtor i use often - how to a relocate it to another screen......also I see when moving some apps that i want hidden & i move to folder it only gives me 3, ie if i want to move "ESPN" to Sports i dont have that option

thanks!
    01-15-11 05:01 PM
    Hi need help - just got OS 6 for BB 9650, i think i like it - but how do i move Apps that are there only thru search - ie Calcualtor i use often - how to a relocate it to another screen......also I see when moving some apps that i want hidden & i move to folder it only gives me 3, ie if i want to move "ESPN" to Sports i dont have that option

thanks!
    When you find the app you want to move, move your track pad to highlight it, then use the bb button and choose Move to Folder. Now you can move to the home screen or Home or you can create a folder and have it moved to that one. For instance, I have one I named MY APPS and I move all my most used icons there.

Create a folder named SPORTS by hitting the bb button from the home screen and creating a folder. Then you can move things into it.
    01-15-11 05:07 PM
    when some one calls and I add it to my contacts it puts the number as a work number but their number is always a mobile most def. what to do.
    ?
    01-17-11 12:58 AM
    when some one calls and I add it to my contacts it puts the number as a work number but their number is always a mobile most def. what to do.
    ?
    Go into contacts, hit the bb button, edit and change the number to a mobile number.
    01-17-11 07:44 AM
    hello i am looking for the os 6 formy bold 9650 can you help me do you have the link thank you
    01-19-11 10:12 AM
    I liked the Bold 9650 even before OS6, because I originally had a Tour, and Wi-Fi + Trackpad was a nice addition to an already solid device.

OS6 though makes it a whole lot better due to the new browser (which still renders some pages a bit slow, but I think it's due to either the CPU speed itself or the software not taking full advantage of the hardware), since I browser the web a lot, and the slick, new interface makes it seem like a more "modern" smartphone lol.
    01-19-11 10:23 AM
    hello i am looking for the os 6 formy bold 9650 can you help me do you have the link thank you
    Let me google that for you

first result: BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2
    01-19-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD