...and the Droids, which would be the viable option when it's time for my renew? i love the BB and am seriously thinking about the Bold but now...hmmm, the iPhone, the Droid x or another BB? just asking.....
    01-14-11 10:40 AM
    ... there's no reason to sign with AT&T.

I have the Bold now, but the Droid2 is on deck for my 2/17 NE2.
    01-14-11 10:50 AM
    Does anyone know of new bb going to vzw or do I have to go against all that is holy and fold and get an iphone. I really wish we had the torch I hate at&t we at big red got shafted royally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 11:22 AM
    Nothing new has been announced. My guess is something is coming since Bold is going EOL at the end of March, Storm2 already is EOL, and they need something more than the entry-level Curve3G.
    01-14-11 11:42 AM
    I wish that they would unveil a torch style bb but that is asking too much of ol big red cause they want us to get suckered into an iphone first sad part is I'm prob gonna b one of those suckers. Lol

01-14-11 11:45 AM
    I don't think it would make sense to go with the Bold 9650. It's been out for a while now and at this point you might want to hold out for the next BB on Verizon. However, it's hard to tell when that might come. My advice: go with Android.
    01-14-11 11:48 AM
    Was thinking about android but like I said before really wanna stay with bb just don't know how long we r supposed to hold out

01-14-11 11:58 AM
    i'd really rather stay with a BB too but the droid x is a nice device. and since it has tons of free apps as compared to the iphone, well that makes it even that much more appealing...still...i like the BB dammmmit!
    01-14-11 12:28 PM
    Does anyone know of new bb going to vzw or do I have to go against all that is holy and fold and get an iphone. I really wish we had the torch I hate at&t we at big red got shafted royally.

Maybe this new found information that just surfaced on Yahoo home page might change your mind about having to give in to get an iphone due to their New Change of Policy. -->

smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    01-14-11 09:36 PM
    Good read.

01-14-11 11:06 PM
    I wish that they would unveil a torch style bb but that is asking too much of ol big red cause they want us to get suckered into an iphone first sad part is I'm prob gonna b one of those suckers. Lol

You don't have to be one of those "suckers"...you could check out the droidx.

i'd really rather stay with a BB too but the droid x is a nice device. and since it has tons of free apps as compared to the iphone, well that makes it even that much more appealing...still...i like the BB dammmmit!
    The droidx is a very nice device...and what will you really be losing if you drop your bb for a droid? bbm??
    01-15-11 09:47 AM
    You don't have to be one of those "suckers"...you could check out the droidx.

The droidx is a very nice device...and what will you really be losing if you drop your bb for a droid? bbm??
    I'm still trying to figure what I gain. That's a real tangible benefit to my life, offset by the learning curve.
    01-15-11 10:16 AM
    I'm still trying to figure what I gain. That's a real tangible benefit to my life, offset by the learning curve.
    Well what it comes down to is what you want out of your phone. What functions are you wanting your phone to do?
    01-15-11 10:20 AM
    true.....i'm one of those people who only uses about 15%of a phones potential, mainly texting, bbming, occasional web browsing and calling. apps? hmmmm, i've never really gotten into them but maybe with what the droidx has to offer who knows......but you'd definitely go with it over the iphone huh?
    01-15-11 10:38 PM
    ...and the Droids, which would be the viable option when it's time for my renew? i love the BB and am seriously thinking about the Bold but now...hmmm, the iPhone, the Droid x or another BB? just asking.....
    I'm in the same boat as you! I can upgrade and all my friends have the Androids and I am starting to like them! Been using a Blackberry for Years, is it time to move on?

01-19-11 06:11 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you! I can upgrade and , been using a Blackberry for Years, is it time to move on?

+1 for being in that boat, I like the Droid2.
    01-19-11 07:16 AM
    I've been eligible for upgrade since October 6th. I'm waiting for the Motorola Droid Bionic. That phone is going to be insane. I can't wait for it.
    01-19-11 07:42 AM
    +1 for being in that boat, I like the Droid2.
    we just came back from VZW and went in thinking we were gonna find out more about the iP4 buuutttt.....came out being potential new droid users. price had alot to do with our decision. the out of pocket for the iP4's were just too much for us to swing right now and with VZW's buy 1, get 1 free deal we could get the droid 2 and then the x for free! or just get the two 2's or maybe even the two x's......but i'm sure we won't get the iP4's or another BB.
    01-19-11 07:56 PM
    oh, yeah....i got a shiny new tracball while we were there too, FTW!! :P
    01-20-11 08:33 AM
    Anyone have any idea when the iPhone may come out with GSM capability on Verizon?

I know this first version is CDMA only but I travel internationally and can't work with that...
    02-08-11 07:48 AM
    Honestly I went to Android and now I'm back on a 9650. I'm updating it to OS6 now. For most of what I need I can get done with BB (and yes I did try apps and stuff on Android). Now the iPhone is tempting but my upgrade is in Sept. so I may wait for iPhone 5.
    02-08-11 01:17 PM
    Anyone have any idea when the iPhone may come out with GSM capability on Verizon?

I know this first version is CDMA only but I travel internationally and can't work with that...
    Probably never, BUT perhaps the iphone5 will be LTE or LTE ready and THAT might have some global readiness. BUT who knows anything is possible.
    02-08-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD