Which one of these new devices will be able to work on Verizon!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 09:11 AM
    None, because according to the specs they are GSM phones.
    01-14-11 09:23 AM
    I hope that's changed...I really want the Dakota to come to Verizon...
    01-14-11 10:13 AM
    Its way too early to know who will get what device.
    01-14-11 11:06 AM
    These are leaks of gsm models, there are no conclusions to be made about new cdma devices and people should just stop their panic about them.
    01-14-11 12:55 PM
    Panic??? I'm not panicking. I'm angry that there's no Verizon version hinted at and that it's so far out and the battery is smaller and based on "the last straw" rule I'm probably jumping off the good Ship BlackBerry. RIM shoud be panicking.

01-14-11 01:12 PM
    That wasn't specifically aimed at you, but there does appear to be some kind of logical disconnect going on with those who prefer cdma and have made some weird leap of logic that no leaks of cdma models means no cdma models rather than simply that there have been no cdma leaks yet.
    01-14-11 01:30 PM
    At least one of these devices will come to VZW, as many others have stated, the Storm devices all had GSM counterparts that were released at the same time but got more 'press' time because GSM encompases more people and more markets.

Monaco/S3 will probably have a CDMA version.

EDIT: there have also been posts that say that the Monaco/S3 will launch in 2 or 3 different versions globally
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 01-14-11 at 01:47 PM.
    ravenlore likes this.
    01-14-11 01:41 PM
    RIM would be stupid to not offer devices to Sprint and Verizon, especially with VZW being the biggest and best carrier. Likewise, it would be stupid for Sprint and Verizon to not carry BlackBerry. They can't gwt everyone to move to Droids!

Do t take the spec leaks too seriously. At worst thwy are completely made up and at best they are based on incomplete information.

01-14-11 01:52 PM
    Pure speculation here, but I can only assume something or things happened that have caused some kind of a deterioration in RIM's relationship with Verizon. The result of that breakdown is no Storm 3 (which was supposed to have been exclusive to VZW), no Torch-like device, and so far very little else in the way of new CDMA devices, at least from the rumor mill. You can also see evidence in Verizon's emphasis on Android devices and now an iPhone. I could be reading it wrong, but it sure seems like Verizon's interest in RIM is waning. Or is it the other way around? Or perhaps a bit of both???

01-17-11 05:30 AM
    I think you are reading too much into the lack of cdma rumors because these are not product announcements they are just leaks and it would be silly to assume we now know all the new devices rim are going to be coming out with this year. As far as the lack of a torch-like device, that is simply due to the fact that at&t have put in a big order and got that device as an exclusive in the states that's all.

At the end of the day, both rim and vzw are going to be more than happy with anyone who will make them money and as a result we are almost certain to see cdma versions of most of these leaked devices.
    01-17-11 07:56 AM
    Its a leak. With rim u have to take it with a grain of salt.

01-17-11 09:12 PM

Bingo. BGR has leaked the info, and there are zero confirmation coming from RIM for any of the devices. What most should believe, is that RIM is coming out with something during this year and they look like phones. That's it, when it comes to what is known so far. And all the rest about their screens, capability and so on are no more than rumors
    01-17-11 10:50 PM

exactly, can ya really see RIM going `heres our 4G sprint tablet, use it with your sprint...oh, sorry we dont do BB on cdma` thats almost as outlandish as taking the rumored specs and (in some cases old) renderings as gospel
    01-17-11 11:03 PM

This, by far, is the best advice ever. Period.

01-18-11 05:30 AM
    Why are some assuming that the Storm 9550, Bold 9650 and Curve 3G will be the last BlackBerry devices on Verizon?

I'm sure we'll see CDMA variants of the new Storm, Curve, and Bold (eventually). The Torch - not so sure - it seems like an AT&T exclusive (dumb move, I know).
    01-18-11 05:43 AM
    I'd just like to have some idea on a time line for a new BB to VZW. I would hate to commit to the Bold 9650 next month and then have something new come out within the year. And I suspect with what I read, that will happen.

So... I'm sitting with a 5 yr old phone on VZW... I'd like to have something else. But I am not willing to go back to a contract obligation without something great.

So, I sit here and wait and wait and wait...

01-18-11 08:17 PM
    Hang in there in, something is coming. Next month is the MWC starts on Feb 14 so we might see something new. IF not then we will have to wait until May 3rd for Blackberry world 2011

I'd just like to have some idea on a time line for a new BB to VZW. I would hate to commit to the Bold 9650 next month and then have something new come out within the year. And I suspect with what I read, that will happen.

So... I'm sitting with a 5 yr old phone on VZW... I'd like to have something else. But I am not willing to go back to a contract obligation without something great.

So, I sit here and wait and wait and wait...

01-18-11 11:48 PM
    I would love a variant of the Dakota on Verizon. If we pick it up it would be my new work device when they upgrade me.
    01-19-11 05:44 AM
    It's clear that a GSM carrier leaked these devices and not RIM or a CDMA carrier. I don't think anyone should be worrying about the lack of a CDMA version of these phones.

You have to assume the new Storm will be CDMA. The Torch 2 will probably be a GSM exclusive. The Curve will most likely come in both formats like it currently does. Finally, there is a possibility that all the new Bolds will be hybrid touch devices. There is currently a GSM and a CDMA Bold. They are different in many ways, but its safe to assume that all the upcoming Bolds will be touch screen unless RIM plans on making a very big mistake.
    01-19-11 07:45 AM
    Funny how people jump the gun...

You will have a CDMA version, just hasn't leaked yet and all this is hearsay anywhoo....

Like the playbook isn't going to get a counterpart BB to bridge too...come on, think!

01-19-11 04:46 PM
    Funny how people jump the gun...

You will have a CDMA version, just hasn't leaked yet and all this is hearsay anywhoo....

Like the playbook isn't going to get a counterpart BB to bridge too...come on, think!

I have to agree. There's no real definitive proof that these devices would be GSM only anyway.
    01-19-11 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD