I'm not doing anything with my phone. When I woke up this morning it said "You are attempting to open a secure connection but the connection has expired."

When I click for information, it gives me:
    xlbs.geo.t-mobile.com
    *expired cert chain
    *stale chain status

Revocation Status: unknown
    Trust Status: implicitly trusted

Exp. date: Friday, January 14, 2011 5:03:13AM

There was a ton more info after that...any thoughts? Customer care can't troubleshoot with me on the phone...and I don't have home phone.
    01-14-11 08:15 AM
    Never mind. I followed the troubleshooting steps and got a new brick.

I then went into a T-Mobile store and upgraded. My Vibrant will be here next week.
    01-14-11 12:07 PM
    What did you do to get it fixed? I keep getting that same error when using gps apps, and my sister does too (on her 9780). I can't find any info on how to fix it.

Thanks for any insight.
    01-14-11 06:24 PM
    It is on T-Mobile's end. They need to update their certificate. Nothing you can fix. T-Mobile needs to fix it.
    01-14-11 09:06 PM
    How did you brick your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 02:33 PM
    I couldn't/didn't fix it. My computer ceased to recognize my phone at all. I took it to a Tmobile store and they're sending me a warranty replacement, and I resigned my contract and bought a Vibrant. I've had 3 BBs since March and they've all had issues. I chose to go with the phone my husband has because he's never had a problem with his.
    01-17-11 07:34 AM
    Lol, wasn't even a problem with your phone. How you managed to "brick it" is beyond me.

I have loaded 30 plus OS's and never had a problem....5 different BB's...never a problem. I must be pure luck!

I know plenty of people that have had problems with a Samsung phone. Give it time...

Cya soon!

Oh by the way, had same problem and hit backspace...and came up fine. Not sure why...but it did...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 10:25 PM
    Lol, wasn't even a problem with your phone. How you managed to "brick it" is beyond me.
    It wasn't the only issue with my phone, just the straw that broke the camel's back. I was following the steps that Customer Care asked me to follow. I had been in contact with them several times in the 3 1/2 weeks I owned the phone to get help with several different issues ranging from UMA call quality to calls dropped with full bars.

I have loaded 30 plus OS's and never had a problem....5 different BB's...never a problem. I must be pure luck!
    I have loaded OSs several times as well. I was very comfortable with the upgrading/downgrading procedure. I've purposely caused that error before, but have had zero problems in fixing it.

I know plenty of people that have had problems with a Samsung phone. Give it time...
    Me too. I've had a Samsung before and was not happy with it at all. I chose to go with this one because I know several people who have used this phone (my husband included) for several months now and have been very happy with it. And he's almost as picky as I am.

Oh by the way, had same problem and hit backspace...and came up fine. Not sure why...but it did...
    The backspace key fixed what? I'm very curious about this. I am probably going to let my tween daughter use the Curve 3G, so I'd like to stay "up" on BlackBerry.
    01-18-11 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD