Does anyone have any info on whether or not "Monaco" will have a front facing camera?

None of the other devices have it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.
    01-13-11 05:04 PM
    RIM is kind of girl who always forgets something and she remembers it when you make her remember it.

But pics are from Mr. BlurryCam so no idea till now.
    But I will say no, No front facing cam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 12:45 PM
    Not listed in the specs...that would be too advanced for RIM. Very disappointed in their effort for a 9/11 debut.
    01-14-11 12:46 PM
    blech, I'm getting an iPhone..... I was holding out for a QNX Storm nuclear BOMB, and we get this worthless fizzle..... It's a damn shame, I really wanted to keep my blackberry.... Tired of paying similar $ for inferior features.
    01-14-11 06:29 PM
    Who cares? Its not as if the carriers are currently supporting it...
    01-14-11 08:10 PM
    It doesn't have it. iPhone and Android do. I'm looking forward to video chat.

01-14-11 08:27 PM
    It doesn't have it. iPhone and Android do. I'm looking forward to video chat.

Dunno about Android, but iPhone's FaceTime only supports WiFi.
    01-14-11 08:45 PM
    The iphone 4 has inferior specs than the supposed s3 but its a ****ty phone cuz no front facing cam ..smh..

Last edited by nikosg21; 01-14-11 at 08:52 PM.
    01-14-11 08:48 PM
    True. Tmobile has video chat too, without needing wifi. I'm not interested in those. But it's nice that there's the option for that. Hopefully BlackBerry will get video chat soon.

01-14-11 08:49 PM
    Dunno about Android, but iPhone's FaceTime only supports WiFi.
    Yahoo and Skype don't. Facetime is just iphone to iphone/ipod.
    01-14-11 09:11 PM
    Yahoo and Skype don't. Facetime is just iphone to iphone/ipod.
    People *still* use Yahoo? Skype this is true, and that is what my point was about FaceTime. But regardless, front facing cameras are cool, but in the same time useless. In the end, it's going to cause problems down the road. (I can see now people making video calls while driving...)
    01-14-11 09:19 PM
    I think it would be useful. For example I'd love to be able to video chat with friends and family around the country. Instead of pics, I'd like to video chat with my cousin's three year old. That would be great!

As for video chatting and driving...It's the responsibility of the phone's owner, not the makers of the technology.

01-14-11 09:24 PM
    The point is to have leading technology when your product is released. This will be back of the line when it comes out in September. Should have been lte, qnx, and front facing camera. Why compare the brand new storm to an iphone that will be over a year old when its released? Not very logical.

The iphone 4 has inferior specs than the supposed s3 but its a ****ty phone cuz no front facing cam ..smh..

01-14-11 09:39 PM
    Agreed! I travel for business and look forward to being able to see my son without needing my laptop.

I think it would be useful. For example I'd love to be able to video chat with friends and family around the country. Instead of pics, I'd like to video chat with my cousin's three year old. That would be great!

As for video chatting and driving...It's the responsibility of the phone's owner, not the makers of the technology.

01-14-11 09:41 PM
    I'd be disappointed if they don't have the front facing camera... seemed to be a selling / marketing point on the playbook yet not on thier phones. Regardless of current support from carriers or application alot can change in the next two years I'll be tied into one of these if it's what I pick. I can't see not having video chat as a option in 2012... and yes it maybe available but not on this device.
    01-14-11 09:42 PM
    I don't think it does or will, but for me a front facing camera is pretty low on the list of features I want. I almost never use it on my PC, and I doubt I'd use it on a phone.
    01-14-11 09:49 PM
    I don't think it does or will, but for me a front facing camera is pretty low on the list of features I want. I almost never use it on my PC, and I doubt I'd use it on a phone.
    Same here, plus it will bring on a whole set of new problems here with the federal government (especially my branch).
    01-14-11 10:48 PM
    Yeah and how many people still have an house phone???? Front facing cameras is the wave of the future which all the other cell phone makers understand is needs to me on there. I'm telling u now once Skype gets an official app on all platforms, it will become the new Facebook of communication. I rather know that i have it instead of wishing for the next phone to get IT.
    01-14-11 11:17 PM
    Wave of the future? When was the last time you used skype on your PC? I pretty much never do, and on the rare occasions I have I wouldn't have if it had been on a screen 4 inches or smaller.

01-14-11 11:19 PM
    Wave of the future? When was the last time you used skype on your PC? I pretty much never do, and on the rare occasions I have I wouldn't have if it had been on a screen 4 inches or smaller.

Actually I can do one better: Remember those AT&T video phones back in the '80s? My elementary school was one of the first to test one out. We talked to another school in like Columbia or somewhere in Mexico.... could've been Florida for all I know, but it was pretty cool then. God i'm getting old.
    01-14-11 11:22 PM
    Lol, I don't remember anything from the 80's - or the early 90's for that matter

01-14-11 11:24 PM
    Lol, I don't remember anything from the 80's - or the early 90's for that matter

80's weren't so bad (kinda miss it), but the 90's were bad for me....I would wish I could forget about that decade.
    01-14-11 11:26 PM
    As bad as the end of the 2000s? I find that hard to believe

01-14-11 11:28 PM

I actually use Skype every other day, so my son talk to his mother that says on the other side of town. I've even was looking into getting my father a cheap tablet with a front facing so he could see his grandson. Skype right now only has a mobile app for the iPhone.

If u ever pay attention to tv now everyone is doing video calls to people, when they want to talk to them from another area (Espn, news, talk show etc)once its more accessible to the masses it will be the norm believe me.
    01-14-11 11:31 PM
    Don't really watch ESPN. But I keep very much abreast of news and technology, and of the several thousand people at the university I attend, I've never heard discussion of video chatting, except with military family. Seems that most people don't even use actual phone calls to communicate near as much as Facebook, Twitter, and especially SMS.

01-14-11 11:36 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD