Whats the time line on this device?? My upgrade is at the end of the month and I want to know when I'll be using it!
    01-13-11 02:55 PM
    I guess when 6.1 ll be out, that is Q2 or Q3?
    01-13-11 02:59 PM
    I guess when 6.1 ll be out, that is Q2 or Q3?
    And in UK?usually how long a new device arrives in UK after been launched in Canada or USA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 03:37 PM
    It's often the same time or shortly after - the 9780 came out earlier or the same time I think, and the Torch came out a couple of weeks later.

Rumour has it that this (and other devices) will be announced at what's now being called the Blackberry World Conference at the beginning of May - hopefully they'll be available immediately thereafter.
    01-13-11 03:53 PM
    Sounds like in the summer, I ll rock the playbook and dakota!
    01-13-11 04:02 PM
    it took 6 weeks+ for it to reach england. Felt like an eternity :P
    This device is looking nice though, I always loved how my bold 9000 felt in my hand and this looks like a close representation, shaving mass from the bezel, 6.1, touch screen. Now just gotta wait until a year next september to get it :P
    01-13-11 04:03 PM
    The 9000 is still my favorite form factor (still the best BB keyboard and speaker), so to add a trackpad and a touchscreen would just be awesome.
    01-13-11 04:35 PM
    It's often the same time or shortly after - the 9780 came out earlier or the same time I think, and the Torch came out a couple of weeks later.

Rumour has it that this (and other devices) will be announced at what's now being called the Blackberry World Conference at the beginning of May - hopefully they'll be available immediately thereafter.
    The World Conference you mention (BlackBerry World Conference for BlackBerry Users) is something I am not familiar with. Has this conference been held before, and if so, were new devices announced during the meeting?
    01-13-11 05:12 PM
    Man, I hope this comes out soooooon!

01-13-11 07:34 PM
    I have another year and no moola to purchase one out right, so I am good.

Still be nice to read all the reviews with the ins and outs, good and bad on it to make a wiser decision.

01-13-11 08:37 PM
    Can't waiiiiiiit!
    01-13-11 09:32 PM
    I hope this one is available soon...could be my first BB. Or else i have to buy the 9780 in the meantime.
    01-13-11 10:41 PM
    man i was about to upgrade to an 9780 until i saw the dakota specs! now im debating if i should wait for the dakota or just get a bold for now...my upgrade is in feb!
    01-13-11 11:38 PM
    There one spec on the Dakota which will make me say "I won't be back" to a Torch I have been holding (aka using) since mid December of 2010 is the mobile hotspot. Since I am still on my BB BIS Legacy (unlimited) plan the Dakota is perfect. Also, this would make AT&T WS have humongous bowel movements in their shorts at the data usage costs for those subscribers that purchase the Dakota with the legacy plans.
    01-14-11 01:16 AM
    If its anything like the rumored storm 3 release we'll be lucky to get it by next christmas.
    01-14-11 01:32 AM
    WOW, is all I gotta say my friends.

01-14-11 04:58 AM
    my upgrade is due in march! I was going to get a torch now I have seen this! but i need a release date
    01-14-11 05:47 AM
    man i was about to upgrade to an 9780 until i saw the dakota specs! now im debating if i should wait for the dakota or just get a bold for now...my upgrade is in feb!
    Same here. I was going to upgrade to the 9780 but mein!! those specs and form factor have me sitting this one out.
    01-14-11 07:05 AM
    I hope this one is available soon...could be my first BB. Or else i have to buy the 9780 in the meantime.
    The 9780 has a buggy keyboard issue, I hope this new phone does not.

Last edited by mojosingle; 01-14-11 at 12:05 PM.
    01-14-11 11:36 AM
    com'on rim give the public an estimated release date so people can make their decisions!
    01-14-11 01:55 PM
    Logic tells me that with the recent releases of Curve 3g, and more recently, Bold 9780 and Torch 9800, we won't see ANY of these until at least September as to not **** off people who've bought the above mentioned devices.
    But if RIM reads these forums, I'm telling you right now.
    You need to release ALL of them RIGHT NOW. You are falling behind, and compared to existing phones available in the market, the specs for the new Bold, Curve, Torch and Storm are only decent - slightly better than decent. They are by no measure the latest and greatest and by the end of this year, they will be even further behind the pack.
    Offer existing Curve 3g, 9780, 9800 users discounts for upgrades, or just ignore them altogether; you simply MUST release these now to be competitive.

I think that every single one of these phones make it very appealing for current users to upgrade out of pocket, and for those ex-bb users who have jumped ship to come back. But this only applies if you release them NOW. If not all, at least release the Bold...

The phones are great, I hope RIM doesn't f it up by releasing them months from now, which in tech time, might as well be years from now.
    01-14-11 05:43 PM
    Didn't anybody read BGR about this phone...they were told a release date of September 2011. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay near the end of the year!
    01-14-11 05:56 PM
    Didn't anybody read BGR about this phone...they were told a release date of September 2011. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay near the end of the year!
    I missed that part. Where did you see that?

Chad
    01-14-11 08:48 PM
    Hmm can't wait. This seems awesome not gonna lie.
    01-14-11 11:04 PM
    Logic tells me that with the recent releases of Curve 3g, and more recently, Bold 9780 and Torch 9800, we won't see ANY of these until at least September as to not **** off people who've bought the above mentioned devices.
    But if RIM reads these forums, I'm telling you right now.
    You need to release ALL of them RIGHT NOW. You are falling behind, and compared to existing phones available in the market, the specs for the new Bold, Curve, Torch and Storm are only decent - slightly better than decent. They are by no measure the latest and greatest and by the end of this year, they will be even further behind the pack.
    Offer existing Curve 3g, 9780, 9800 users discounts for upgrades, or just ignore them altogether; you simply MUST release these now to be competitive.

I think that every single one of these phones make it very appealing for current users to upgrade out of pocket, and for those ex-bb users who have jumped ship to come back. But this only applies if you release them NOW. If not all, at least release the Bold...

The phones are great, I hope RIM doesn't f it up by releasing them months from now, which in tech time, might as well be years from now.
    i 100% agree with you. those specs will only remain impressive for a few more months, and rim has a great potential to scoop up all the people who are just impressed with numbers and ghz speed if they move rt now.

but you know what, this is all wishful thinking. rim is ssssloooooooooowww about getting phones out the door. so by the time it gets out, it will be just a middle of the pack phone, which would to hurt rims image to innovate. rim should take their next 10 yrs of planning and cram it into 5 yrs instead.
    01-15-11 12:40 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD