This morning while listening to Stern they were talking about the Verizon iPhone and who was thinking of switching. Stern has ALWAYS been a fan of his Blackberry and is always getting his, you know what busted, about switching to another phone. However, he has always stayed true and kept his BB, saying how much he loves it for what it does and needs to do.
    Also, in the past few months, he has been saying he can't wait for the Playbook to come out due to it's ability to run Flash and do what HE needs it to do, in comparison to the iPad, that can't.

However, this morning his tune has finally changed and the reason I'm posting this is because I believe that is what's happening to a lot of CB members also. Stern is upset that there is no longer any excitement to his phone, the internet is slow and there is just nothing that excites him about it anymore. I believe he has a Verizon Bold, i'd assume he's still running OS5 on it thou.
    RIM is know as a smartphone company and althou there was a lot of hype at CES about the PB, which got and is still getting mostly great reviews, where are the phones? I understand this setiment has been expressed in these forums in the last few months. However, I still feel like RIM is way too blind to the fact that they really are so far behind and have screwed up in terms of the effect of Android and other competitors in comparison to their currently released devices.
    The King of All Media, Howard Stern may or may not be turning against RIM just like a lot of users on here are. Stern said that today he was gonna finally look and consider an Android phone and others. IN the past he was completely against this, which I'm sure a lot of us were or maybe still are. However, how long can RIM keep us waiting? How long can they continue to keep releasing unexciting new devices, while acting like there is something great and exciting about them, when really there isn't. It's the same stuff over and over again and I know we are beating a dead horse at this point.
    Maybe RIM could use Stern as a marketing campaign to build some excitement for their new phones when they actually have an EXCITING one They really need 2 things going forward I believe and that is exciting competitive phones with NEW hardware & competitive specs. Then more importantly a great marketing campaign to help sell these new phone if they ever come.
    vrs626 likes this.
    01-13-11 09:38 AM
    People still listen to Howard Stern? I agree with him, torch is not very exciting and Style is lame. They should try getting a decent phone on the market and leave the tablet idea alone.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-13-11 at 09:58 AM.
    01-13-11 09:54 AM
    People are starting to use movie stars, radio disc Jockey's as the demise of RIM now?

I can give two red cents what Howard Stern uses..him or his mindless sheep...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    larry5332 and johnmarki like this.
    01-13-11 11:28 AM
    Double post....
    01-13-11 11:34 AM
    And Arianna Huffington, can’t turn hers off for a second even on an airplane and carries 3 blackberries on her all the time.. who cares?
    johnmarki likes this.
    01-13-11 11:55 AM
    People are starting to use movie stars, radio disc Jockey's as the demise of RIM now?

Well they do have the celebrity sightings headlines on the front page of this website to kind of show who's who is using a BlackBerry. Kinda, and I mean kinda balances it out, no?
    01-13-11 12:03 PM
    While I criticize RIM day in/out about their crap decisions and falling behind, it would be great if people would stop listening to media pundits and various figures whose opinion aint more valuable than any person off the street. This includes Howard Stern (entertainer, NOT an expert), Jon Stewart (entertainer NOT a phone expert) and the rest of the crowd. This is such a typical problem in today's society, no longer this country is so fckd up, when people value Britney Spears or Paris Hilton's idea more than real experts and real professionals.
    01-13-11 12:12 PM
    And Arianna Huffington, can�t turn hers off for a second even on an airplane and carries 3 blackberries on her all the time.. who cares?
    Arianna who? Besides another self-important nobody, that is.
    larry5332, K Bear and vrs626 like this.
    01-13-11 12:21 PM
    Don't think I lost my excitement for BB. I just enjoy it. I'm satisfied.

larry5332 and adi-m like this.
    01-13-11 12:24 PM
    Howard who?
    Um that'd be Howard Stern, google him, maybe you'll learn something

Look, the point of the post wasn't to verify RIM's demise thru what a celebrity thinks. Maybe a lot of you don't have Sirius and don't listen to Stern, which is fine. However, if you do listen to Stern or know about him he has been a huge Blackberry fan for sometime now and thru the thick and thin has never wanted to give up his Blackberry till now. So what's that saying??

How would CB members feel if Kevin all the sudden said one day, I think I'm gonna give up my BB and go to Droid or an iPhone as his main device? Now I know better then to think that will ever happen. But most of us here are obviously BB fans and want to have something new and exciting to play with, phone-wise, from RIM. This past year and a half RIM has done very little to fill those needs and if you think otherwise, then get out of the rock you've been living under.
    Shodan775, how the h#ll can you compare Paris Hilton and Britney Spear opinions to that of Stern and Stewart. Your right if anyone values the opinion of Spears or Hilton they have a serious problem. While Stern and Stewart aren't phone experts, they do have a lot of followers, therefore there are people that value their respected opinions. I don't think you can call Spears and Hilton respected opinions in almost all circumstances.
    01-13-11 02:03 PM
    I heard that on the show this AM! That's so funny because that's what I was thinking as well!

01-13-11 02:09 PM

Everytime a celebrity is spotted with a blackeberry, this site is quick to post that up. So now it's a problem when a celebrity disses blackberry? Just stop it with the hypocrisy. It's all good for Paris Hilton to say she loves her blackberry but it's crap when Stern says something that opposes RIM's mindless sheep.
    vrs626 and Machzy like this.
    01-13-11 02:26 PM
    As far as Jon Stewart, he was involved in politics some time ago via the Clinton administration. However you lean on the political spectrum, his is one voice one can take seriously, whether you agree, or not.
    MattyG27 likes this.
    01-13-11 02:35 PM
    I can't wait to hear him rant and gripe when he gets an Android. He's not exactly very tech-savvy. He'll be going off worse than he did on ATT. I predict he'll be back to his BB within a few months if he actually makes a switch.

Of course, switching phones and contracts probably doesn't impact his budget like it would mine...
    01-13-11 02:52 PM
    howard stern just does what I need.
    01-13-11 02:57 PM
    I just wish he would have spent more time worrying about his other bb... Bubba. Anyone listening to the RadioIO uncensored show? Good stuff, takes me back to the early days of Howard 101...
    01-13-11 03:08 PM
    Um that'd be Howard Stern, google him, maybe you'll learn something

Look, the point of the post wasn't to verify RIM's demise thru what a celebrity thinks. Maybe a lot of you don't have Sirius and don't listen to Stern, which is fine. However, if you do listen to Stern or know about him he has been a huge Blackberry fan for sometime now and thru the thick and thin has never wanted to give up his Blackberry till now. So what's that saying??

How would CB members feel if Kevin all the sudden said one day, I think I'm gonna give up my BB and go to Droid or an iPhone as his main device? Now I know better then to think that will ever happen. But most of us here are obviously BB fans and want to have something new and exciting to play with, phone-wise, from RIM. This past year and a half RIM has done very little to fill those needs and if you think otherwise, then get out of the rock you've been living under.
    Shodan775, how the h#ll can you compare Paris Hilton and Britney Spear opinions to that of Stern and Stewart. Your right if anyone values the opinion of Spears or Hilton they have a serious problem. While Stern and Stewart aren't phone experts, they do have a lot of followers, therefore there are people that value their respected opinions. I don't think you can call Spears and Hilton respected opinions in almost all circumstances.
    Wow...just wow! Smartphones starting to make humans act just....I will be nice. Lol!

Really though...Howard is such an expert now?

Come on OP...I mean...I don't even know what else to say...it is funny though, so thanks for the laugh at how cereal you are over this. Admire the passion, lol!

01-13-11 03:41 PM
    All the OP was say that alot of people are like howard. They were die hard BB fans and now they find themselves looking elsewhere. I dont listen to his show but i do know he is/was a hardcore BB fan, he has been mentioned on the front page of CB before even. His feelings seem to be shared by many people right now.
    01-13-11 04:14 PM
    People can often shoot the messenger, but not its message. Sure, who the messenger is will somewhat dictate how seriously the message itself is taken. But, with others aside from Stern echoing similar sentiment, it makes you think about the message, doesn't it?
    MattyG27 likes this.
    01-13-11 04:17 PM
    Man, some of you people are brainwashed beyond help....extremely sad and makes me feel for you...honestly does.

So glad I don't let my phone dictate my life into always needing what is the best and what not or by god because a disc Jockey who was faithful to BB have a change of heart and try another platform...nor do I care how many got persuaded by him to leave.

Sucks for people to think that way. Oh well, more the reason I care only about myself, family and friends, not about a phone. Still sad to see....

01-13-11 05:08 PM
    Everytime a celebrity is spotted with a blackeberry, this site is quick to post that up. So now it's a problem when a celebrity disses blackberry? Just stop it with the hypocrisy. It's all good for Paris Hilton to say she loves her blackberry but it's crap when Stern says something that opposes RIM's mindless sheep.

absolutely agree with you. users on this site are sheep and in bed with rim
    MaxiumGrimm likes this.
    01-13-11 05:16 PM
    Remember what your signature block says. That speaks the true. And what are you still doing on this forum anyway, aren't you on Android now anyway?
    01-13-11 05:18 PM
    Yesterday, they mentioned it also. He's thinking of trying an Android and I'm sure it was because Jon Hein had one and he and Jason were raving over them. Of course, Jon is now going to a VZW iPhone. He's also the co-host of GeekTime, so he's more like us fanatics here. Howard said "I think the Droid is on Sprint but I guess they're good too..." LOL. How does Android do with Lotus Notes? LOL LOL. His tech knowledge isn't his strong suit.

absolutely agree with you. users on this site are sheep and in bed with rim
    Are you saying that RIM is into bestiality? That's a weird new angle on RIM
    01-13-11 05:32 PM
    just do it!! i just retired the bold for an evo and like it much better!
    I'm waiting for the Motorola Bionic. I can't justify getting an Android right now to use for only 4 months. I'm patient. I think it's going to be a good switch.

01-13-11 05:36 PM
    [QUOTE=MattyG27;5950958]Um that'd be Howard Stern, google him, maybe you'll learn something

ha ah ah ha ha ha ha Learn something. this guy should be a comedian... funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!!!!!!!
    01-13-11 05:48 PM
151 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD