I'm tired of having my phone swinging around like george of the jungle in my pocket while running or doing other workouts.

Does anyone know of a good armband that fits the torch? I see a lot of armbands labeled for the iphone and I'm pretty sure a torch while fit in there, but just looking for opinions from fellow crackberry owners as to their preference. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 05:06 AM
    Yea that ^
    So many times I've been to gym, putting away my blackberry. As we all know, we NEVER want our blackberries apart from us. Even during workouts.

Not just for the torch, as for all blackberries
    It'll great if someone knows of a place to get it!

01-13-11 05:18 AM
    I'd like to know too... But I do have hoodies that have a media/mp3player pocket inside the actual pocket and thats where I usually keep mine while I workout.
    01-13-11 07:21 AM
    Well that would work except I don't work out with hoodies lol

01-13-11 08:51 AM
    I have an AGF Endo case for my torch and it comes with a belt clip open holster. I just use my MP3 armband and clip the belt clip onto it. Kinda hokey, but it does the trick. I suspect you could do the same with the seidio case as well.
    01-13-11 11:45 AM
    ....anyone have any success with this? I'm looking for a workout armband as well. The Belkin ones look ok, and a Torch may fit, but they are custom built for an iPhone so it is unlikely that it will fit properly.
    04-26-11 10:54 AM
    Check on ebay. You will find what you want at good price.
    04-26-11 10:56 AM
    ....I haven't found one specific to a Torch....so what I'm wondering is whether someone has found one that is "good enough" and if so what kind is it.
    04-26-11 11:08 AM
    Sport Armband Case holder for Blackberry Torch 9800 NEW | eBay

eBay... dont think that it matters if it is not "torch specific". for $5, i would give it a shot
    04-26-11 11:18 AM
    Yah....I already ordered a different one from Hong Kong - $4.99 including delivery.

A search for "blackberry armband torch" brings up some pretty unwieldy, ugly looking cases, so I had hoped someone might chime in who has one.

For example:
    ATT Blackberry Torch 9800 Running Workout Arm-band Case | eBay

Says its for a Torch but is an original "Motorola OEM Product".....go figure?
    04-26-11 11:32 AM
    I purchased this one:

Black Armband Case Pouch For Blackberry 8900 9700 9500 - eBay (item 150527990862 end time May-01-11 02:18:57 PDT)

I'll let you know if it is worth the 5 bucks when it gets to me from Hong Kong in a few weeks!
    04-26-11 12:04 PM
    So....my armband arrived from Hong Kong. It is pretty ugly, not the best made, but it does work. I guess for $4.99 including delivery, its ok, but I'd be willing to pay $25 for one that is purpose-built for my device, and better overall materials, construction, and finish.

I guess I can go through 5 of these though and be no worse off!
    05-18-11 12:47 PM
    i have never seen an armband for a torch or any blackberry.. cause blackberrys are suppose to be for business but i dont know check around stores and online they might have it
    05-18-11 12:54 PM
    nothing beat duct tape

haha sorry I had to say that
    05-18-11 01:17 PM
    I've just ordered a unit from iArmBands .com - armbands for iphone, touch, itouch, zune, htc, ipod. Since it's a recent order, I have yet to received it so I cannot verify how it fits but it is Torch specific so I'm hopeful.
    08-01-11 12:02 PM
    Anyone tried the iphone4 armband? Torch is thicker but shorter so perhaps the case will fit well enough?
    Can't believe there isn't a specific case for this need. Hate to buy some POS from asia for $5...

08-02-11 03:13 PM
    Watch there be a workout Arm band for the Torch 9810....
    08-02-11 07:37 PM
    soooo off topic but the "george of the jungle" comment made me laugh a bit... the mental picture is priceless
    08-02-11 07:50 PM
    Check this site out: Amphipod running, race and adventure gear - hydration, reflective visibility wear, packs, pouches and accessories and look under products/holders. I used the micropack landsport at first. It clips onto the waistband of your shorts and does't bounce around. The main compartment is sweat/weather proof so you don't have to worry about your phone getting wet. The landsport is a pretty snug fit on the Torch but the edges are visible so I switched to the AirFlow Enduracnce waistpack so I can take my Torch, keys and some cash when I run. I would recommend checking it out... I got mine at REI but the site has a product locator if there isn't an REI nearby.

I checked the site and it looks like they have more things that may be better especially if you didn't want to run around with a waistpack. They're a bit expensive but definitely worth the money.
    08-03-11 08:52 PM
    adidas miCoach Armband - Universal, smartphone - Griffin Technology Would that be any good? I just found it looking around at the Griffin website...
    08-15-11 03:27 PM
    I have bad luck with armbands for phones. They always stretch funny or the buttons are a pain to get to. I just use the seidio (sp?) belt clip for working out. Don't think it would do any good if you took it for a jog. But I use a treadmill, so I just put my Torch in the cup holder.
    08-15-11 05:20 PM
    I have been running with a belkin armband for quite a while, although I needed to cut out a small hole in the neoprene for the headphone jack. It "looks" custom fit and wo0rks very well for me. (until someone makes one that is designed for the torch)

Mine is like this one Belkin - Dual Fit Arm Band for Apple� iPod� touch - Black - F8Z674TT
    08-16-11 11:00 AM
    This is my first post so greetings for everybody from a new comer from the Windows Mobile world (until two months ago I though the Blackberries were still like a pager!)���..

Well I have found a specific armband for my Torch. I have ordered one and I am quite satisfied, it is customized for the Torch. Quite cheap and fast shipping from UK. See here: SPORTS ARM BAND STRAP POUCH FOR BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800 | eBay

Regards
    08-25-11 06:06 PM
    @Vintila: did you get it shipped to North America or are you in the UK? It does look to be a pretty decent custom fit for the Torch.
    08-26-11 10:20 AM
    @kfroese: I am based in Spain. The eBay sellers ships to Europe but I am pretty sure he will ship to USA if you ask.

Regards
    08-27-11 10:50 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD