This might sound like a dumb question, but being that the Playbook runs Adobe Air apps, would it be possible to install the latest photoshop on the playbook, since i believe its developed on air? It probably wont have the power to run properly if its possible, but that would be GREAT!

Thanks!
    01-13-11 12:48 AM
    I've already asked Adobe for a slimmed down version of Adobe Creative Suite 3 for Playbook. There's a thread about what apps you want for PB. Will edit this post with a link to it when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 12:09 PM
    A tool for editing photos will be cool,

but photoshop needs:

great CPU
    big Screen
    lot of RAM
    great GPU
    mouse
    keyboard
    01-14-11 03:56 AM
    habicht, you don't necessarily need a keyboard. And worst come to worst, you can open up the part that requires a keypad, and swipe to the centre of the screen from the bottom corner, and it'll bring up the keypad. So I say it could work, if it's a slimmed down version of it.
    01-14-11 08:57 AM
    There is a Photoshop app for the iPad, and it really stinks compared to other apps that are available. Photogene is head and shoulders above and far superior to Photoshop on the iPad. Maybe we could get the developer interested in one for PB.

Just a fwiw.
    01-14-11 09:22 AM
    There is a Photoshop app for the iPad, and it really stinks compared to other apps that are available. Photogene is head and shoulders above and far superior to Photoshop on the iPad. Maybe we could get the developer interested in one for PB.

Just a fwiw.
    I want to see a slimmed-down Creative Suite for the Playbook though.
    01-14-11 09:28 AM
    I think if we can get a bluetooth mouse/keyboard than it will make life much easier. Don't know if we will be able to use either with PB.
    01-15-11 02:38 AM
    Espresso, I'm sure Adobe can come up with a decent creative suite to optomize the touch-screen. And where a keypad is required, there's always the diagonal swipe to reveal it.
    01-15-11 06:09 AM
    It's an exciting time, I look forward to see how the PB will evolve with apps and all the good things we will be able to do. Now bring it on the PB

Espresso, I'm sure Adobe can come up with a decent creative suite to optomize the touch-screen. And where a keypad is required, there's always the diagonal swipe to reveal it.
    01-15-11 09:50 PM
    This might sound like a dumb question, but being that the Playbook runs Adobe Air apps, would it be possible to install the latest photoshop on the playbook, since i believe its developed on air? It probably wont have the power to run properly if its possible, but that would be GREAT!

Thanks!
    adobe are getting there, at AdobeMAX they demo`d content aware fill on a galaxy tab, and something else reeeeeeeeally cool too.

check the vid, content aware fill is first, then something thats amazing

01-15-11 11:09 PM
    I'm trying to understand why you want PS on a Playbook. I use PS, Painter, Manga Studio, etc. but they all are fairly useless without a Wacom tablet.
    01-15-11 11:29 PM
    I'm trying to understand why you want PS on a Playbook. I use PS, Painter, Manga Studio, etc. but they all are fairly useless without a Wacom tablet.
    That's exactly why! Playbook + stylus pen = PORTABLE CINTIQ!!! Why WOULDN'T you want adobe suite on PB? Just thinking about being able to animate in flash on the bus or even poolside makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl. Please please PLEASE make this happen Adobe!

03-11-11 07:03 PM
    a photo editing suite would be sweet. I plan on taking my Playbook on holidays. Isn't there a stylus for the playbook coming too?
    03-12-11 08:37 AM
    That's exactly why! Playbook + stylus pen = PORTABLE CINTIQ!!! Why WOULDN'T you want adobe suite on PB? Just thinking about being able to animate in flash on the bus or even poolside makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl. Please please PLEASE make this happen Adobe!

I'd pay for the app!
    03-12-11 08:44 AM
    I can't see a scenario where this could be done to my satisfaction. Either would be too watered down in order to run efficiently, or too bloated and cause tons of CPU load, rendering it more of a pain than it's worth.

That said, if it could be done acceptably, I would pay dearly, and use the **** out of it.
    03-12-11 08:48 AM
    , but being that the Playbook runs Adobe Air apps, would it be possible to install the latest photoshop on the playbook, since i believe its developed on air?
    Photoshop is not built in AIR.

The Photoshop for iPad app may share a name with the desktop software but it is completely different. That kind of significantly scaled down experience is all you could hope for on the PB.
    04-28-12 02:59 PM
    04-28-12 03:09 PM
    You have to fiddle with the settings in the app to make it find your photos, after that it does indeed work fine. Fairly limited in functionality, but better than nothing.
    04-28-12 03:34 PM
    I don`t see adobe doing this as this seems like a far more complicated undertaking than a full featured pdf application which they can`t even do.
    04-28-12 04:24 PM
    Just download photostudio from goodereader in. Apk format and then convert it into. Bar format of yu can buy it from application store also but converting is approximately has awesome features and it is fully supported and it is free of cost

This software has capability to compare adobe photoshop
    Last edited by Harsh Shah1; 02-04-13 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Had to give some information
    02-04-13 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD