Ok I'm up for a new phone and I am undecided. its between 2 phones the G2 and the HTC HD7.

I am currently on a BB 9700 (8800 a few years ago) and I have no real complaints with the BB aside from I would like a bigger screen.

I had a windows phone before (MDA with windows 5.0) and I really liked it. I was traded out because I went through 6 in as many months. I know people didn't like the older versions of windows but I never had os issues just phone issues.

I also had an android (G1) and at the time was a little disappointed with the os. But I know it has come along way since 1.6 and is soon to be upgraded to 2.3 or 3.0

I am really favoring W7 but the lack of a keyboard has me concerned. Now the BB has had the best as nice as the 9700 is I miss my 8800 for actual typing speed. Even though the G2 has a physical keyboard its only a 4 row which is a slight minus.

So the question is it just a matter of getting used to it? I've had a keyboard going way back--- 9700,G1,8800,MDA,Sidekick2, and even a Nokia ? That flipped open with a split keyboard.

So that has me worried. I've tried it at the store but 5 min of playing is not living with it. Even with swype (need practice) so its tough to get a good feel for it.

So there you have it. Anybody go cold turkey on the keyboard and live to tell about. I'm listening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 10:22 PM
    I didn't care for the G2 keyboard at first, but now I really like it. Overall, the G2 has taken the top spot for me as far as the phones I have owned recently. 8320, 8900, 9700, iPhone 3Gs, and now HTC G2. It takes a little getting used to, but once you are used to it, it's as good as any BB keyboard I have owned, except faster and no more battery pulls.
    01-12-11 10:38 PM
    Go with the g2. A friend of mine had the htc hd7 and he hated it(might be different with you) but g2 is amazing. I went from a 9000 to a 97000 to a g2 and not regretting a single moment of it. The battery life is pretty good it lasts me all day with a full charge. Display is amazing compared to blackberries. Apps are cool just the whole phone is cool. Also, the keyboard is really good it takes some time to get used to it but not too much time.

01-13-11 06:13 AM
    I would go with the G2 I like the keyboard myself but I downloaded "ThickButtons" from the market and I dont use keyboard often. Plus I like stock android and now I'm playing with launcher pro plus and all I can say is WOW!!
    01-13-11 06:34 AM
    Definitely go with the G2. It is the best phone T-Mobile has to date. If we weren't switching providers, I'd still be rocking my G2.

01-13-11 07:11 PM
    Can't go wrong with either but my vote goes to the HD7.

I've owned a couple of high end Droids and while I like Android, I just appreciate WP7 more.

01-14-11 12:44 PM
    Can't go wrong with either but my vote goes to the HD7.

I've owned a couple of high end Droids and while I like Android, I just appreciate WP7 more.

You can always dual boot the HD7 with Android.
    01-14-11 02:23 PM
    This boys and girls is the only correct answer.
    01-14-11 04:15 PM

Do you have any info on that? links?
    01-14-11 07:35 PM
    Actually would ther be a way to dual boot or overwrite the G2 to run windows?

01-14-11 09:57 PM
    I'm sure if you root the G2, you could install WP 7. I don't know why you would want to give up Android for Windows Phone, but to each their own.
    01-15-11 02:51 PM
    I don't know why you would want to give up Android for Windows Phone, but to each their own.
    This boys and girls is the correction to the only correct answer.
    01-16-11 09:41 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and was looking over (online) what phones are available as my 8900 is on its last legs. My contract doesn't run out until October but they listed the G2 as a free upgrade for me. I saw it on there yesterday and pulled the trigger on the deal today. Check online before you go to a store...
    01-17-11 09:56 PM
    The G2 is the best phone available for t-mobile at the moment IMO, even better than the mytouch 4G. I own it and I'm on at&t, which means no 3G for me but that doesn't matter, it's that awesome.

And yes, I know, the Desire Z is the same phone and works on at&t but I got a good deal on a new G2 and didn't look back
    01-17-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD