Verizon, evidently due to the high cost involved in getting the iphone on the network, is dropping the option in a few days for "new every two" and early upgrades.

Yep.

Thanks. Nice customer service there.
    01-12-11 08:10 PM
    Verizon, evidently due to the high cost involved in getting the iphone on the network, is dropping the option in a few days for "new every two" and early upgrades.

Yep.

Thanks. Nice customer service there.
    they should take a page from the Netflix playbook. Netflix does a far better job with customer relations and customer service. Or Bed, Bath and Beyond. Or even Kohl's.

I think Verizon execs went to the same screw-the-customer seminars that Best Buy shirts attended.
    01-12-11 08:22 PM
    Source for this info?
    01-12-11 08:25 PM
    01-12-11 08:46 PM
    Only applies for new customers (read AT&T-ites going for the VZ iPhone). Existing VZW customers are grandfathered in.

However, Storm2 owners will only receive $.02 for their upgrade when it comes time for a new phone.
    01-13-11 01:01 PM
    I don't see where the pain comes in. I interpret this change like the norm. If you were already on NE2, you don't lose your upgrade. For instance i'm in month 23, even though I just got a new S2 back in Nov. If anything you're bound to that device in months 13 -20 like it says. That's how it should be. Its not NE2 if you're trying to upgrade after a year. New customers can't miss what they never had, so whats the problem here, and old customers will either switch or live with it.
    01-13-11 01:50 PM
    However, Storm2 owners will only receive $.02 for their upgrade when it comes time for a new phone.
    *giggle*

That made me smile.

Seriously, though, I think I will pass on the iPhone and just wait till the Droid Bionic drops. It looks uber-sexy.
    01-13-11 02:04 PM
    No problem. I keep my phones for 2 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 02:05 PM
    I have to remind myself I'm upgrade eligible in August. But, I also have to remind myself to check if Oregon has that dubious law like California where I'll be taxed for the full retail price of the phone.
    01-13-11 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD