http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/12/sprint-to-announce-another-industry-first-on-february-7th/

Is sprint announcing the playbook?? Could be!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Brn97CitronWran likes this.
    01-12-11 02:35 PM
    well it was already announced at CES and the 4G playbook shown off
    01-12-11 02:56 PM
    I hope so. I really want the Playbook
    01-12-11 03:12 PM
    http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/12/sprint-to-announce-another-industry-first-on-february-7th/

Is sprint announcing the playbook?? Could be!

I hope it's not, David Blaine is there to help promote whatever it it.

In the UK he's pretty much ridiculed in conversation as he's seen as eccentric and 'odd' (sorry any DB fans) and really isn't someone I would like to see associated with RIM.

01-12-11 07:13 PM
    I sure wish I knew why RIM decided to partner with Sprint as the first carrier.

Is it because the iPad(Xoom Verizon) would be on Verizon & AT&T and didnt feel they would get as much promotion as the Apple & Moto devices
    01-12-11 07:21 PM
    Ok, I'm just a little confused. Will RIM release a wi-fi only Playbook? For my needs, I don't need to connect 3G/4G, just wi-fi. Thanks!
    01-12-11 08:02 PM
    Ok, I'm just a little confused. Will RIM release a wi-fi only Playbook? For my needs, I don't need to connect 3G/4G, just wi-fi. Thanks!
    Yes there will be a wifi only version.

Word around the campfire I heard regarding the "sprint only" carrier supported version is simply because VzW is too busy kissing apple and motorola's you-know-what in the way of ipad promotions and the droids, the official golden child of that network. They simply don't care about rim's products right now. Kinda karma coming about on rim's part.

Hope they learn the lesson.
    Zando32 likes this.
    01-12-11 08:13 PM
    From what I'd heard, Sprint was getting 4G exclusivity, but any carrier could sell the 3G version. I could be wrong, but if I'm not then it's not Sprint exclusive in the meaning we've come to know.
    01-18-11 01:00 PM
    hmm interesting.

If the units cost the same price in that situation I'd have to say unless you stayed in a 4G location and didn't plan on traveling buying the 3g version would be the better buy seeing how they 4G doesn't fall back to 3g

I will have to give the Xoom a plus for that. It's 3G but you will be able to upgrade it to 4G. As long as it was no more than $75 to do.
    01-18-11 02:30 PM
    Unfamiliar to the types of data plans they sell with the IPad, anyone know how much data will be available, and roughly how much per month/usage/etc.

I am going to be perfectly content getting the WiFi only Playbook (please release soon!) and just tethering it with my Torch when I'm on the road. I'm just interested in data plan rates, and if it's worth it and doesn't suck the life out of my phone (have 6 gigs per month on my phone) I'll hold off for the 3g or 4g version.
    01-18-11 03:51 PM
    AT&T $15 for 200mb I think, $25 for 2gig.
    They used to have a $30 unlimited but dropped it.

Verizon is rumored to have an unlimited plan but who knows if and how long it will stay around.
    Morbium likes this.
    01-18-11 04:03 PM
    AT&T $15 for 200mb I think, $25 for 2gig.
    They used to have a $30 unlimited but dropped it.

Verizon is rumored to have an unlimited plan but who knows if and how long it will stay around.
    Thanks, I guess I could of researched myself, I'm in Canada, and Telus offers 500mb for 25.00. I think this is a little bit low, considering apps running in the background, plus web surfing. Maybe the Wifi version is the smartest to have, and hopefully it will have a lower cost.
    01-18-11 04:07 PM
    On contract, the cell radio versions will be the least expensive. Off contract it'll be a matter of who sells it for the least $ flat out.

01-18-11 04:35 PM
    What ever tablet I decide on I'm buying off contract if I go for a 3G version.
    01-18-11 04:50 PM
    Well, it looks like WiFi first, then the Sprint "4G", then an LTE edition - which is probably why Verizon will be last.
    01-18-11 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD