I'm currently using a curve 3g on bell network. When I have my bell sim in my blackberry, it becomes "invalid sim" every couple 20mins now until i turn off & turn phone off again.

It would be 2 possible problems right?

1. bad sim
    2. bad sim reader

so then, I moved my bell sim to my other phone and it's fine.

so you would think it's the sim card reader... but I just put a fido sim card in there (my phone's unlocked but originally bell), and it's working just fine..

now.. WTH. both possible problems are off the list... What could be the problem? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

PS: tried putting a piece of paper to make better connection, but still does not work.
    Last edited by moofed; 01-12-11 at 12:07 AM.
    01-12-11 12:03 AM
    ehm... that's wierd. wish I could help though
    01-12-11 12:12 AM
    Sims do go intermittant like any other computer chip. I have had to replace two in 6 years. Call your carrier and request a new one.
    01-13-11 03:50 PM
    my wifes sim just died randomly the other day, we replaced it and no issues, I would try replacing the SIM first, on T-mobile we get ours free if theres a issue, not sure about Bell but i would go with that first, if that doesnt cure it, try wiping the device, if that still doesnt cure it, If your device has a warranty i would get replacement then.
    01-13-11 04:01 PM
    Why do some people think wiping the device is the cure all. You have many steps before that point. Try the sim first and then we will go from there.
    01-13-11 04:03 PM
    I didnt say it was the cure all, i said get a sim first......., Also i come from a corporate environment, where im usually dealing with high execs and stuff, wiping the devices is faster than troubleshooting when i can have them wipe then reload and activate and there on with there day. Im not trying to say wiping is the cure all but it is an option.
    Last edited by Pcpro745; 01-13-11 at 04:10 PM.
    01-13-11 04:08 PM
    I didnt say it was the cure all, i said get a sim first......., Also i come from a corporate environment, where im usually dealing with high execs and stuff, wiping the devices is faster than troubleshooting when i can have them wipe then reload and activate and there on with there day. Im not trying to say wiping is the cure all but it is an option.
    That makes sense.
    01-13-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD