What is the best FREE Weather app for the bb? (No trial versions) Is there one I that can add the weather onto the screen on top or on the side or something like that, without scrolling to the app to see it? Btw, I have a Torch... Thank You in advance!
    01-10-11 06:43 PM
    My favs are WeatherNetwork and BeWeather. As for adding it onto the top of your screen, you'll need a theme with a weather slot.
    01-10-11 07:35 PM
    Weather Plus will do what you are looking for. you just need to email them and they will unlock it for a full version, free. You can put the weather right there on your home screen. I do prefer Be Weather though for myself.
    01-10-11 08:19 PM
    01-10-11 08:28 PM
    Weather Plus will do what you are looking for. you just need to email them and they will unlock it for a full version, free. You can put the weather right there on your home screen. I do prefer Be Weather though for myself.

Thanks a lot to both! Btw, do they respond quickly?
    01-10-11 08:28 PM
    Thanks a lot to both! Btw, do they respond quickly?
    They emailed me back within 24 hours informing me that I am now clear for the full version.
    01-10-11 11:23 PM
    They emailed me back within 24 hours informing me that I am now clear for the full version.
    Ok thanks... Another question, after they respond, do I have to re-download the app or do they send a link?
    01-11-11 08:06 AM
    Ok thanks... Another question, after they respond, do I have to re-download the app or do they send a link?

no, you simply start to use !
    good luck
    01-11-11 08:28 AM
    BeWeather Free FTW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 08:29 AM
    no, you simply start to use !
    good luck
    Ah, ok. Thanks again!
    01-11-11 08:58 AM
    I used to have WeatherNetwork and love it. Lost it due to having to do a master reset. Does anyone have an OTA for it?

BerryWeather is alright, but I don't wanna pay 10 bucks for info I can get for free.

The weather channel app would be fantastic if it would show the current conditions for the icon.

WeatherNetwork is definatly the way to go.

01-11-11 02:43 PM
    Weatherbug by a mile

01-11-11 04:44 PM
    I also use Weatherbug which is free and am very happy with it. The icon is on the home screen and will display the current temp along with the predicted high and low for the day when scrolling over the icon. I have a 9630 Tour.
    01-11-11 05:06 PM
    You really need to check BeWeather! I have the paid version, but they do offer a free version. It just has less features.

01-11-11 06:15 PM
    You really need to check BeWeather! I have the paid version, but they do offer a free version. It just has less features.

Is the FREE version a trial? If it isn't, going for it.
    01-11-11 06:53 PM
    Is the FREE version a trial? If it isn't, going for it.
    There is two kind of BerryWeather.

BeWeather free (no trial but the details are not so nice). Low HD
    Be Weather Paid. Best ever Weather app. Hands down.
    01-11-11 07:02 PM
    The free version can be downloaded in the BlackBerry Application Store.
    01-11-11 08:08 PM
    There is two kind of BerryWeather.

BeWeather free (no trial but the details are not so nice). Low HD
    Be Weather Paid. Best ever Weather app. Hands down.
    Thank You!
    01-12-11 05:22 AM
    BeWeather Free lets you set 3 locations, displays multiple options on the homescreen icon, and works with weather slots in themes. It has 6 display style/themes, and also allows you to backup and restore settings using the media card. I tried every free weather app available, and BeWeather has the most functionality, cleanest look, and fewest (pretty much none) problems. Other apps were much larger, did not look as good or work as smoothly, and some had extremely frequent and annoying alerts that would not dismiss without completely opening the app and digging down to them, or even sometimes a battery pull.

BeWeather Free: It's light, small, and just friggin' works.
    01-12-11 09:25 AM
    I always liked weather Bug.
    01-12-11 09:26 AM
    I always liked weather Bug.
    That was the one with the undismissable alerts. It drove me friggin' CRAZY! Hate, with extreme prejudice. There was a lot about the interface that I really liked, such a shame.
    01-12-11 09:33 AM
    That was the one with the undismissable alerts. It drove me friggin' CRAZY! Hate, with extreme prejudice. There was a lot about the interface that I really liked, such a shame.
    i never had any alerts mate lol, what version you used?
    01-12-11 09:48 AM
    Meh, it was last year. Don't remember. Happy enough with BWF.
    01-12-11 10:59 AM
    I used to have Weatherbug in my phone, but I installed the new accuweather app and so far I'm linking it. I got it off app world. Anybody else using that one?
    01-12-11 11:34 AM
    BeWeather Free is great! Thanks! I was using WeatherEye before, but this is so much better with no ads and better homescreen icon.
    Last edited by timekeeper; 01-14-11 at 05:55 AM.
    01-14-11 05:52 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD