I am just speculating. The basis of my speculation is that unless I am missing something, Rogers Wireless isn't even selling the 9700 anymore. Online, only the 9780 is listed....so it appears as though they are going to prefer moving people over to the 9780 and leave 9700 owners on the lurch.

I was offerrred my upgrade from Rogers today.... 99.00 for the 9780 ... I want it but am torn between waiting to see what RIM has up their sleeve vs. being locked in for another 3 years. It's ok though....I've had the same plan for 5 years and I know they are losing money on me!!! lol. in any event....those are my thoughts.....

now.....I already posed this question on the 9780 forum but would you guys switch to the 9780 for $99.00 but another 3 year term? I figure i can sell my 9700 for that much on kijiji and re-coup the money.

The torch is definitely out of the question.....I text too much to have to slide in and out and already 3 colleagues have returned theirs for the 9780....they couldn't stand the phone anymore. too buggy.

Comments appreciated.
    01-10-11 06:22 PM
    Jus to comment on ur officlal OS6, it has gone official. .380 is out. Its not from Rogers and wether they bring one out who knows.

As for my opinions onthe upgrade I cnt comment as I don't know what US contracts are like!

Jus thought I'd point that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 06:28 PM
    You must be out of the loop because OS6 went official about 3 or 4 days ago. The .380 version, specifically.

I do want to point out (and this is something I stress in other similar threads) that just because an OS goes official does not mean that it's in any way better or less buggy than a leak. All that an official OS is, is the same leak but with a carrier's approval. That is it.

Right now, I'm using a hybrid with the .424 leak as a base and it is fantastic. The only problem that I encounter is the missing cursor in BBM. That's it. The 9700 might have been muscled out by the 9780, but OS6 updates are still rolling out for it.
    01-10-11 06:41 PM
    I really lol-ed at this topic. Sorry about it. Please do some research. 9700 did went official with os 6 like..say last week?

Dude! Lol

Ok back to phone, I really have no idea about what contact your country has. What I can say is go for 9780 if you are looking for more firepower. Torch at the moment has too much battery problem from what I hear from my friends.

01-10-11 07:11 PM
    Guys relax not everyone is here everyday like most of us!
    01-10-11 07:15 PM
    Guys relax not everyone is here everyday like most of us!
    Haha! You are right. My apologies but...

we are really that addicted to CB isn't it? I love the freaking community here!
    01-10-11 08:47 PM
    My thing is that I want an official release from MY provider. I know they are basically all the same and shouldn't worry about it, but that's what I want.

So until I see an AT&T official release, in my mind it isn't official for my provider.
    01-10-11 08:59 PM
    99 only for an upgrade?? Definately go for the 9780 with double the memory and a 5 MP camera!
    01-10-11 09:50 PM
    lol sticky
    01-10-11 10:00 PM
    99 only for an upgrade?? Definately go for the 9780 with double the memory and a 5 MP camera!
    But you cannot really beat out the greatfulness of a real digital camera

I have four of them, one shoots VGA pictures that are fine for 4x6's, the other three shoot 1mp, 4.1mp and 12mp.

01-10-11 11:05 PM
    Yeah I would do the 9780 for 99....awesome phone.

Torch I wouldn't as like you said you do a lot of typing and constantly opening the slider would eventually fail or become a headache and the TS is just meh...

Good luck!

01-10-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD