Just like my title says.. Facebook, Twitter and Myspace apps do not work on my Torch. I am subscribed with BIS, and I have no problems receiving emails, browsing the internet or even using blackberry messenger

After some reading and contacting BlackBerry technical support I found out that none of the 3 carriers in Saudi Arabia include "Internet browsing"

My question is, is there any way on earth to workaround that problem? given that the phone is unlocked

I am currently using facebook mobile and Ubertwitter, but I'd love to use the official apps

and here is the error message that I get while attempting to sign in to Twitter and facebook: "You are currently on a data plan that does not support this applicaton. If you want to use this application, please contact your service provider to upgrade your plan"

Thanks in advance to any help
    01-10-11 12:25 AM
    Are you working in KSA? If so you might be better off getting one of the local telecoms companies to sell you a simcard that's enables BB services. If you're visiting, then your carrier probably has no contract with any Saudi carrier.
    alantcheng likes this.
    01-10-11 03:26 AM
    Are you working in KSA? If so you might be better off getting one of the local telecoms companies to sell you a simcard that's enables BB services. If you're visiting, then your carrier probably has no contract with any Saudi carrier.
    I am working here in the KSA. I am using a local carrier Sim Card, STC (Al Jawal), and before I got the torch, I had the Bold 9700. I was able to run Facebook 1.6 on there with little to no problems. But now, the torch will not run any Apps!

Thanks for your help! Wish someone could solve this already!
    01-10-11 11:01 AM
    Alan, sorry for your continuing problems with these applications. Personally I don't know anyone is KSA so no idea if they block these or not. You can always come to Bahrain and get these apps going then see if that solves it for you.
    01-11-11 03:43 AM
    I live in Saudi Arabia too, and Ive got the same issue and not only us everyone does, This was done wen they wanted to stop the service in Saudi during the mid-ends of last year they blocked all the usage of FB twitter and all the other social networking progs...so you have to end up using ur browser for tht
    and yes on the old Blackberry Phones FB v1.6 used to work cz if u noticed it doesnt need service to work, it works on Wifi am assuming thts y u have no probs using that

Anyhow till then use them wen u drive up to Bahrain (Y)
    01-11-11 03:53 AM
    well this problem will be resolved in end of jan 2011 and we will have the acess to app world in march 2011... as the information i recieved form one of the STC source.
    you can call the below # for Blackberry CS
    01-11-11 06:21 AM
    the phone can't keep up with the drifting, that's why, haha
    01-11-11 06:56 AM
    well this problem will be resolved in end of jan 2011 and we will have the acess to app world in march 2011... as the information i recieved form one of the STC source.
    you can call the below # for Blackberry CS
    Wow thise is the like one of the greatest news I've heard since the start of the new year..ill be waiting to see if its rlly gonna happen though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 08:30 AM
    the only problem we all have here that all the carriers doesnt offer the BIS they only offering normal internet data plan. why cause they want only what is inside our pockets only i have been using 2 phones with separate carriers ZAIN & MOBILY the customer service for both dont know whats is the BIS they have only one answer:
    go to advance option .....etc register then pull out ur battery.

I`m OFFICIALLY HATING THIS
    01-25-11 10:38 AM
    the only problem we all have here that all the carriers doesnt offer the BIS they only offering normal internet data plan. why cause they want only what is inside our pockets only i have been using 2 phones with separate carriers ZAIN & MOBILY the customer service for both dont know whats is the BIS they have only one answer:
    go to advance option .....etc register then pull out ur battery.

I`m OFFICIALLY HATING THIS
    you are right i have also experienced the same answer
    03-05-11 07:53 AM
    hi,

i am also a new BB Torch buyer and STC user in Saudi Arabia. and my problem is same. many times i called STC 902 service. but they know nothing about a thing which is called Black Berry on this planet. i purchased BB services a week ago. uptill my BB service from stc is not activated. whenever i enter my BB pin and IMEI number. the web site gives me the message to register my cell router. its already registerd. since last 4 day i am visiting STC offices in Jeddah, but every time they apologize and send the service request to technical support.

secondly i have heard that most of the Torch 9800 users are having problem in service activation in Saudi Arabia.

i request RIM to directly deal with Black Berry services in Saudi Arabia. we BB users are suffering a lot.
    07-19-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD