got a couple questions about the 9780

1) when you want to type in a number to call, can you make it show up on the main screen instead of in the search box?

2) when i turn off data should wifi still work?(im with bell)

3) why cant i restore my blackberry with my 8330 curve address book, it says its successful but doesn't add the contacts from my address book

4) can i open up all my icons without going to options and open tray? kinda annoying!

thanks
    01-08-11 09:07 PM
    1) You can press the green call button first, then dial the number
    2) No, you need data turned on for wifi to work
    3) Probably not compatible with OS6
    4) You can either scroll down, or press the Menu button twice
    jasaveli likes this.
    01-08-11 09:32 PM
    This is off topic but do you prefer the droid pro or 9780 phil?
    01-08-11 09:38 PM
    This is off topic but do you prefer the droid pro or 9780 phil?
    For battery life and 'instant' push email... the 9780

For absolutely everything else... the Droid Pro
    01-08-11 09:46 PM
    1) You can press the green call button first, then dial the number
    2) No, you need data turned on for wifi to work
    4) You can either scroll down, or press the Menu button twice
    what the fastest way to upload the contacts from my old berry to this one?
    01-08-11 09:53 PM
    what the fastest way to upload the contacts from my old berry to this one?
    I'd be really surprised if RIM hadn't made OS6 compatible with older OS contact files, so I'd try the restore option again.

If that doesn't work, try the Device Switch Wizard option in DM.

As a last resort, you can send your contacts individually as email attachments from your 8330 to the 9780.
    01-08-11 10:14 PM
    what I did for a new phone for my wife was to use outlook sync to move the numbers. that way I can edit them easier in outlook contacts then sync them across. guess you would have to own outlook. I use 2003 I never used till I got this blackberry now I am glad I have it.
    Wish blackberry would work with thunderbird then everyone could have it for free
    01-08-11 11:48 PM
    what I did for a new phone for my wife was to use outlook sync to move the numbers. that way I can edit them easier in outlook contacts then sync them across. guess you would have to own outlook. I use 2003 I never used till I got this blackberry now I am glad I have it.
    Wish blackberry would work with thunderbird then everyone could have it for free
    got no idea on how to use outlook, any help
    01-09-11 05:11 AM
    I upgraded from an 8320; no problem transferring everything over using the change device routine in desktop manager.
    01-09-11 04:42 PM
    i give up just going to do it manually.

So when im listen to music via media player and someone msgs me on bbm why does it pause? so annoying having to go back and hit play
    01-11-11 06:08 PM
    i give up just going to do it manually.

So when im listen to music via media player and someone msgs me on bbm why does it pause? so annoying having to go back and hit play
    Just.a guess here but bb probable thinks your msgs are more important then music. Just saying. It is a phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 10:52 PM
    Just.a guess here but bb probable thinks your msgs are more important then music. Just saying. It is a phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    when i play music on my old curve the music pauses then the msg alerts sounds then the music automatically plays again
    01-11-11 11:04 PM
    Coming from an 8830, my contacts transferred over fine. As for the BBM alert while music is playing, I cannot replicate that problem. The music doesn't even stop - you hear the chime in the background but music never stops.
    01-11-11 11:25 PM
    weird , cant figure it out
    01-13-11 09:16 PM
    anyone else have the music issue?
    01-21-11 04:11 PM
    I want one so bad!
    01-21-11 06:40 PM
    hey man i know of a app that backs up your info, its called MIQ and can be found in appworld, its made by bust buy. great thing is it can back up your contacts, txts, pictures, vids and you can view them online! but the main feature is that you can send all that info from online back to your device if you do a wipe or get a new phone! and the besterest part is it cross-platform friendly.
    01-21-11 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD